Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lizard Man returns to haunt South Carolina

Still Waters

Heard of "Lizard Man" yet? If not, that may soon change. Because the new mystery creature is stalking car fenders in rural South Carolina in the dead of night. That's a diet Bigfoot never went for in his pursuit of wild berries and always making sure he was just out of camera range.There's nothing like eating the clunker in the front yard for pushing you up to the top of the Cryptid sighting list.

According to local channel 19 in Lee County, SC, the legendary lizard creature made a return after a 23-year hiatus, and he's up to his old tricks.

Witnesses on a rural road in the county are saying they heard a strange noise on the morning of July 4th and went outside to investigate.

That's when they discovered the front bumper of their car had been chewed and clawed in a way no normal creature of the woods could manage. Police veterans realized they'd heard this story before.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• Flashbelieve

• Rosenrot

• Shut-In-Barrien

I think Lizard Man is just p***ed because Bigfoot has been stealing all his thunder. Now he has come out of hiding to reclaim his throne. New movie in the making maybe? Hey Bigfoot vs. Lizard Man kind of has a cool ring to it.

Mike

Just in time for the tourist season. This warm weather must bring out all the cryptids. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Wiki article with more stories

Just in time for the tourist season. This warm weather must bring out all the cryptids. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Wiki article with more stories

In the middle of Storm season?

Nile Monitor Lizard? But it shouldn't be that far north.

Yerp i've noticed that there are a large number of lizards recently, they scuttle the grounds and grasses like roaches in multiple numbers.

Yerp i've noticed that there are a large number of lizards recently, they scuttle the grounds and grasses like roaches in multiple numbers.

Any of them try to eat your bumper?

Why do they assume it is a humanoid lizard, just because their bumper was maimed?

All I'm saying is that squirrel man is also a viable option ;)

Edited by Erowin

They are increasing in numbers, preparing for world domination... it's the Reptoids!!!!!

(Joking obviously)

I've heard this story before ... Get drunk, blame a giant creature?

It could be a mothman disguised as a lizardman acting under the guidance of a squirrelman. :blink:

Edited by Device

Wild assumption, no evidence and pure speculation. I bet the dog down the street did it or perhaps a deer sharpening those antlers etc. Does anyone go on facts anymore?

"That's when they discovered the front bumper of their car had been chewed and clawed in a way no normal creature of the woods could manage."

Of course not........ :blush:

Yea....the damaging of vehicles and strange noises in the early morning are certaintly convincing....no human would do anything like that..lol.

There's a lot of hunters and good old boys down there. I think Lizard Man should be afraid.;)

Now, what about this story makes it a "Lizard Man?"

"Something chewed my bumper! I guess it has to be a lizard man!"

What about a Giant squid guy? Or, Clifford, the Big Red Dog? Wasn't he from around there? If so, look out for dog poop!

Now, if they found scales and had a fuzzy pic, or two (because they are never clear photos) it might lend itself to be a large 'scaled' creature (if the pic is that of a scaled creature.) Otherwise, COME ON! Really?

Edited by Yellow Jacket

South Carolina is the kind of place where "cryptid" describes half the population and the closer you get to the state capitol, the more there are. Good luck.

And people say the Mothman is a wild tale. Mothman didn't vandalize **** like a felon.

Edited by UFO_Monster

Yea....the damaging of vehicles and strange noises in the early morning are certaintly convincing....no human would do anything like that..lol.

Especially teens on bored summer nights :P

LOL

in that vid the only reason why they didn't crush the dogs between the cars is cos they are on video. Should just shoot the rabid things.

You idiots should check storys from back in 1987-8 before making all your stupid remarks. It was on cable news. Several eye witnesses described this "lizard man" from close encounters, including chaseing a car at 30 miles an hour and pulling the rear bumper off the car. It was on the National News.

You idiots should check storys from back in 1987-8 before making all your stupid remarks. It was on cable news. Several eye witnesses described this "lizard man" from close encounters, including chaseing a car at 30 miles an hour and pulling the rear bumper off the car. It was on the National News.

Can you define " idiots " please?

Of course, most of you people back then was still SOILLING YOUR DIAPERS so you wouldnt remember any thing on the news from the late 80s. And some are in foriegn countries and dont get cable news.

Of course, most of you people back then was still SOILLING YOUR DIAPERS so you wouldnt remember any thing on the news from the late 80s. And some are in foriegn countries and dont get cable news.

Ok, so " you people " is your definition of " idiots "?...Oh, and foriegn countries do not have cable news...Damn dude, who is the idiot?

Basically, anyone but yourself, I think I have it now.

So, what you are trying to say is " us idiots " ( by the way graduated 1983 ) that do not believe a " lizard man " destroyed that bumper are idiots....

Mainly because " most of us were to young to see the over-whelming evidence on the Cable News in the 80's " because we were to busy soiling our diapers.....

Damn, I hate that when the 80's cable news has all of the evidence, and we just missed out on it.

Is there a way I can see this " cable news " from the 80's on the internet?

I'll be back, I have to go adjust my TV antenna.....

Edited by Sakari