Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's steepest roller-coaster (video)

Still Waters

Watch Japan's Takabisha roller-coaster test run of the world's steepest roller-coaster, with a 141ft drop.

The Fuji-Q Highland Amusement Park has unveiled its 14th Guinness world record-breaking ride – the Takabisha roller-coaster.

Nestled at the foot of Mount Fuji, the new track features a 141ft single vertical fall at 121 degrees, making it the steepest roller-coaster drop in the world.

Costing three billion yen (£23 million) to build, the Takabisha steals the title from Mumbo Jumbo in Yorkshire, which features a 98ft drop at 112 degrees.

The Takabisha, which means "highflying car" runs over 0.6 miles of track and offers panoramic views of Mount Fuji for park-goers to appreciate in the 112 second hair-raising ride.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• scaredsilly

• King Fluffs

• Taut

Three billion yen ain't what it use to be, looks like fun though.

You could never get me on that! Plus it's an "upside down" one and I haven't got the courage to get on one of those.

Edited by Princess Serenity

I'd ride that in a heartbeat! I love roller-coasters. :D

Upside down part of roller coasters..isn't scary..if anything it is one of the most relaxing parts..the scary parts are steep drops..and my body for some reason doesn't handle straight steep droops well..its like I stop breathing...lol literally ask anyone whos road beside me..other than that I do fine...but wheww dam that is steep!

I'd be leaving my last meal behind if I ride that thing. :ph34r:

Wow bring it on!

Love Roller coasters, never felt sick on one yet even after consecutive goes.

I'd ride it all day Lol

Edited by Kelbie25

I'd sooner be kidnapped by Somali pirates with mental health issues than get on that thing.

I love roller coasters but could NOT do the steep drop!! It reminds me of this ride I went on years ago at this amusement park in Georgia. You sat in this box thing where you were sort of standing but leaning back on a thing sort of shaped like a seat. There was a cage like thing in the front of you. It brought you up slowly I don't how far but it was high up. And once you got to the top it just dropped!! I thought I was dying. Not only did your face all smush upwards but all the blood went to your head. It was terrifying. I couldn't even stand when it stopped or speak. I had to be helped off.

Wow, thats... quite scary.

I'll be staying on the tea cups.

Wow, thats... quite scary.

I'll be staying on the tea cups.

tea cups for me too!

I would never ever go on that ride :no: