Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay People Affirmed to be Human

Persia

You did not hear or read much about it, but the arc of justice stretched far and wide on June 17, 2011, when the United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution affirming that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons are entitled to the same protections afforded other human beings around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-dr-cindi-love/gay-rights-united-nations_b_890784.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indiogene

• SilverCougar

• shadowhive

• DieChecker

I know there is some harsh resistance to them, but was there really any doubt?

Edited by Doctor_Strangelove

It's about time! :clap: The UN made a smart move to further include GLBT people in human rights protection clasues. :tu: How are the 100-some countries in the world going to reanalyze their laws prohibiting homosexuality and calls for capital punishment for anyone caught admitting to be gay? In the US, 6-ish states including Cal. and N.Y. not long ago permit same-sex marital unions and their rights to obtain equal treatment of a marriage. I'm glad the U.N. puts the arc of justice's heart in the right place. :st

Edited by Makoto Jupiter

I know there is some harsh resistance to them, but was there really any doubt?

It does seem rather stupid doesn't it?

I.. I don't know how to react to this. One one hand it is well... good news. On the other hand *FACEPALMS* wtf did they think they were? amphibious lizard men from the 8th dimension? No.. wait.. no.. THEY'RE HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF US!! oy gavult..

the UN only serves the interests of the people appointing their positions.. this is key

I'm glad they did. Hopefully those backward thinking countries will now start to be pressured to change.

A few pages back there's a post where a catholic site essentially 'blames' Obama for this happening, as if it's some great evil. :rolleyes:

I.. I don't know how to react to this. One one hand it is well... good news. On the other hand *FACEPALMS* wtf did they think they were? amphibious lizard men from the 8th dimension? No.. wait.. no.. THEY'RE HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF US!! oy gavult..

I agree it is a good thing to agree on, but it made me Laugh out Loud to read about. What is next a vote on humans being Mammals?

I agree it is a good thing to agree on, but it made me Laugh out Loud to read about. What is next a vote on humans being Mammals?

And that Humans are actually primates!

So...yeah, they're human, last time I checked, most PEOPLE are. Well...maybe not lawyers, politicians, and Chuck Norris.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

You did not hear or read much about it, but the arc of justice stretched far and wide on June 17, 2011, when the United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution affirming that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons are entitled to the same protections afforded other human beings around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-dr-cindi-love/gay-rights-united-nations_b_890784.html

They did not actually do that. What they did was simply:

Requests the High Commissioner to commission a study to be finalised by

December 2011, to document discriminatory laws and practices and acts of violence against

individuals based on their sexual orientation and gender identity, in all regions of the world,

and how international human rights law can be used to end violence and related human

rights violations based on sexual orientation and gender identity

and

Decides to convene a panel discussion during the 19th session of the Human

Rights Council, informed by the facts contained in the study commissioned by the High

Commissioner and to have constructive, informed and transparent dialogue on the issue of

discriminatory laws and practices and acts of violence against individuals based on their

sexual orientation and gender identity

Decides also that the panel will also discuss the appropriate follow-up to the

recommendations of the study commissioned by the High Commissioner;

Decides to remain seized of this priority issue

Thats all. No binding legal rulings at all.

this is crap. You know what, they'll be giving the vote to women next. We're going down people, and this is another sign that we're unworthy of life.

• 2 weeks later...

this is crap. You know what, they'll be giving the vote to women next. We're going down people, and this is another sign that we're unworthy of life.

Yeah, and a black man becomes president of the USA! Been there, done that. :rolleyes: Can people learn about what makes someone else a "person"...even the "person" has a different color, racial appearance, gender and now sexual orientation?

Societies lacked an emphasis of equal rights of all its citizens, and the USA continues to strife for equality of GLBT persons to be treated fairly, free of hate and discrimination. Non-democratic governments produce anti-*insert group* propaganda to justify agendas or a false sense of insecurity, to "morally" outcast whole groups of individuals, in order to exercise fullest power over the country. The Nazis done this, so have the KKK (but limited). :unsure:

this can only lead to humans marrying horses....thanks for nothing U.N.

Well the mental debate raging in my head has finally ended.

• 2 months later...

A more educational YT vid. based on hard scientific data on the causes of Homosexuality and behaviors associated with that sexual orientation. To be gay is something one is born with, like to be left or right-handed and the brain is another important factor in the causes of homosexuality and also gender identity to cause some males wanting to be females and vice versa.

But the real difference is men feel they are men but are attracted to men and vice versa, although it's more of a biochemistry affecting ones' sexual preference. Neurological differences not only hormones, genes and the birth order rank proven to raise the risk of developing homosexuality in younger-born males whom had older brothers, the video will answer the many questions and multiple debunked theories on what causes homosexuality.

But they are equally linked with developing Autism and Asperger's syndrome, and the so-called "Left" and "Right" sides of the brain associated with free thought, creativity or feminity on one side, but organization, behavioral routine and masculinity in the other. Autism concentrates on the left side, but why it affects more males than females is how it impacted the right side of the brain, or makes a person more "smarter" in some subjects, but sociobehavioral skills are not developed enough.

Gender does not make one smarter than the other based on different genitalia, because both men and women are capable in intellegence, though gender-associated behavioral traits remain under intense academic review. Human beings by nature come as male and female, mostly straight but there's always a chance among our species that upwards to let's say 10 or 15 percent of humanity can be bi/homosexual.

Edited by DeMikeDe