Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ghost tracks

Saru

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mbyte

• NatureBoff

• omg lemonade

• Axlaiden

i thought i saw on Real or Fake that at this particular spot, the landscape had a downward angle that due to an optical illusion looks uphill?

I saw the same thing, Appearently the road is actually sloped and the cars are just rolling down a hill

You can clearly see the car is rolling down hill anyway when the camera man films it. Even though the camera is probably mounted on his shoulder the camera man whould still have to stand upright.

didn't mean to double post it's just there I couldn't see a link to the thread on the news page

Edited by Mbyte

Sounds like magnetic hill effect to me. Dark matter from a comet most likely imo

Good Video. Yes this was picked up on Fact or Faked during last season.

Even though this has been proven to be downhill, Im still intrigued by the optical illusion.

*ghost kids/teens* "ah ffs another funny guy turning their car off, cmon guys you know what to do, 5th time today.."

A few years ago they did a story on this place on Hard Copy, I new it was fake. (that and Hardy Copy.) I saw this on a docu maybe four or so months ago.

Yeah the story's not true. The trees' growth is angled I think so it looks straight but you're going downhill. I think there really might have been a bus accident because the surrounding streets are supposed to be named after the children. That's what some say. But no ghosts here. A lot of SA Town folk still believe in it. But this was a fun place to go as a kid or in high school. The "haunted asylum/sanitorium" is nearby.

This is a perfect example of how man takes {in this case this optical illusion} and tries tie it to something mysterious ghosts/u.f.o's/etc...thats why you have all these manmade religions.

I saw both a TV show(forgot the name) where Chuck Nice debunked this, as well as on Fact or Faked. I'm rather interested on how the optical illusion takes place though, I wish someone would try and find out what exactly makes people see it as uphill.

This one is easily proven: have the nice lady in the video park her car directly on the tracks while there is a train coming. Clearly there'd be no danger to her, right?

Proven fake on Fact or Faked paranormal files and the legend is fake to, the kids where killed at another location nearby. I'm pretty sure they said it actually is a down hill and as you get close to the tracks it starts to go up hill.

Edited by AlienDan

I live in San Antonio and heard about this as a kid. My dad and I decided to try an experiment. We took a carpenters level and put it on the tracks. Guess what? It's downhill.

• 4 months later...