Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yoga classes for dogs

Still Waters

After a hard day guarding the house and generally being kept on a tight leash, a dog deserves some relaxation.

And now it can, thanks to the latest canine craze... dog yoga.

Known as 'doga', it is the latest trend from the Far East, which now has a cult following in the U.S.

The classes led by renowned yoga instructor and dog lover, Suzette Ackermann, in Hong Kong aim to help dogs find their 'inner' peace.

The doga sessions allow pups to work through poses including a series of stretches and massages that are believed to help improve the heart and digestion.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• my_psychosis

• Eldorado

• Taut

lol

To help the dogs find "inner peace".... lol

Give my dog some Oreo's and left over chicken---My dog finds her inner peace, LOL

lol

To help the dogs find "inner peace".... lol

What inner peace? Do dogs even have that?

The woman in the last picture is like Why am I even doing this?

What if your dog goes to the bathroom?

Edited by Princess Serenity

Don't get me wrong here, I really love dogs...but this is utter nonsense IMO. I was a bit amused though, I had to laugh thinking how one would do this "doga" yoga with a 75 lb Collie! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong here, I really love dogs...but this is utter nonsense IMO. I was a bit amused though, I had to laugh thinking how one would do this "doga" yoga with a 75 lb Collie! :rolleyes:

That was exactly my thought. I do give my Malamute massages which he loves. :P

Cats do yoga anyway - they get themselves into some impossible positions while having a clean!

Dogs are way cooler than cats which is why they need to relax and do some yoga IMO

*facepalm*

People can be soooooooo ridiculous.

It's amazing what stupid fads Americans gobble up so readily.

PS- Cats are waaaay more awesome than dogs.

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness

It would be so funny if you tried to that with our Ridgeback. :D

Cats do yoga anyway - they get themselves into some impossible positions while having a clean!

Lol my cat hangs upside down between the posts on our stairs. She has fallen a couple times.

But on topic, I think this is just silly. It's almost as bad as neuticles (I'm not sure I spelled that right) Anyway it's supposed to be fake testicles for dogs that have been neutered, so they wont be embarrassed in front of other dogs. lol

But on topic, I think this is just silly. It's almost as bad as neuticles (I'm not sure I spelled that right) Anyway it's supposed to be fake testicles for dogs that have been neutered, so they wont be embarrassed in front of other dogs. lol

:rofl::lol: :lol:

.... It's almost as bad as neuticles (I'm not sure I spelled that right) Anyway it's supposed to be fake testicles for dogs that have been neutered, so they wont be embarrassed in front of other dogs. lol

Yeah right, more like so some macho dog owner won't be embarrassed in front of his equally macho friends. :rolleyes: What a supreme waste of money!

Yeah right, more like so some macho dog owner won't be embarrassed in front of his equally macho friends. :rolleyes: What a supreme waste of money!

:rofl: I hadn't thought of that but I bet your right.

It looks like harmless and silly fun. Although I would prefer to take my dog to the park

for some fresh air and exercise for it's inner peace. Doga sounds like something that is

only practical for the smaller breeds of dogs. I'd like to see someone try and do it with

a rotweiller or a mastiff. They probably wouldn't last ten minutes. :w00t:

Edited by Robert1

Really does sound like a new way to bilk money from dog owners who don't know how to play with their own pet.

i reckon this is just another way to get money off people

and anyway you wouldnt know if it was helping the dogs or not because its not like they can tell you lol :P

but dont get me wrong i really love dogs but i dont think i will go this far

but good luck to them i say

and i guess good job to the people who create it because i reckon they will get a bit of money