Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dropa Stones

LucidElement

I was just reading a little bit about the Dropa Stones that were found in the caves in the 1930's.. It is said that a professor day after day decoded the messages eventually but everyone ridiculed him... This is a interesting read..

http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/dropa-stones.html

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length and added source link
  • Like 1

Below is a detailed rebuttal of most sensationalistic Extraterrestrial/Dropa claims:

1. The discovery. There are no mentions of 'Tsum Um Nui' anywhere; as he is supposed to have fled China and died in Japan in the 1960s this cannot be negated by Cultural Revolution, Communist coverup theory. Also, there is no mention of the 1938 archaeological expedition to the Banyan Kara Ulla range. No "Peking Academy of Pre-History" ever existed.

2. Early Sources. The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von Damien¹s infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods. The book has been widely criticized as unreliable; in fact, the vast majority of names and sources appearing in the book cannot be corroborated, and no existence of the following Soviet or Chinese scholars can be found anywhere outside this story.

Dropa Stone Discs Wikipedia

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length

Are these stones still present in a museum or something in the likes? It would be a good idea to investigate them under the eyes of the world, not just come up with a story years later.

sorry lucid, without evidence this ones just a story, a good one though. :rolleyes:

Well, read Lucid's second post...

Anyway, how would one go about translating an 'alien' language?

There was not some 'Rosetta Stone' that could have been of help.

It's fake; the next should be enough: "The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von Däniken's infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods", and this: "Alexander Kazantsev; however Kazantsev himself disagrees with Däniken's account and says that it was Däniken who told him the story, not the other way around"

Below is a detailed rebuttal of most sensationalistic Extraterrestrial/Dropa claims:

• 1. The discovery. There are no mentions of 'Tsum Um Nui' anywhere; as he is supposed to have fled China and died in Japan in the 1960s this cannot be negated by Cultural Revolution, Communist coverup theory. Also, there is no mention of the 1938 archaeological expedition to the Banyan Kara Ulla range. No "Peking Academy of Pre-History" ever existed.

2. Early Sources. The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von Damien¹s infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods. The book has been widely criticized as unreliable; in fact, the vast majority of names and sources appearing in the book cannot be corroborated, and no existence of the following Soviet or Chinese scholars can be found anywhere outside this story: Cho Pu Tei, Tsum Um Nui, Ernst Wagener, Vyatcheslav Saizev, and Sergei Lolladoff. Most tellingly, Däniken gives his main source for the story as a Soviet science fiction writer Alexander Kazantsev; however Kazantsev himself disagrees with Däniken's account and says that it was Däniken who told him the story, not the other way around.

This is what I had always believed. To say that the discs are real is like saying the cyclopian citys at the south pole are real, because they were written about in Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness".

5. The Disks. All that exists of the supposed alien disks are several wide-angle photographs. The disks photographed, firstly, do not match the described "12-inch disks"; the disks photographed are very large. Secondly, the photos show none of the supposed deep grooves. Finally, absolutely no photos, descriptions, analyses or any other evidence of the actual 'alien script' appear anywhere at all.

It's hard to proove anything when there is no evidence remaining. The photos are really not proof of anything, just ask anyone who has taken a picure of Bigfoot.

So basically, there are no Dropa Stones in any museum? is that what it comes down too??

So basically, there are no Dropa Stones in any museum? is that what it comes down too??

Nope. No actual stone discs. There is a photo, but it is impossible to see the fine lines and thus worthless as physical evidence.

dropastonebw2.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

Nah, they're real. they are called Jade Bi discs.

The entire story's made up.

The Dropa people are just normal Chinese, not at all as they are described in the story.

Lucid, don't take thisthe wrong way but you've been here longer than I have, did you try searching for the Dropa on here? I know numerous threads have been done on the topic.

You know, it's Von Däniken who started all this crappola about those Dropa Stones.

Send him an email, and ask him about it.

But I guess he is too occupied (= picking up soap can be a dangerous thing when you are locked up behind bars).

Maybe those aliens silenced him.

God (= Annunaki, the Watchers, Nephilim, Reptiliods) knows...

i didnt even know he was locked up??? and ya shadowsot, i always forget about the search thing. But, sometimes, i like to bring stories that have been covered longg time ago, to light but in a different manner.

What I don't get is the story you told, Lucid, followed by a very well thought out rebuttle. Do you often argue with yourself? Just ask'n... :blink:

• 3 years later...

OK, I am gonna try to resurrect this discussion for one reason, I love this *mystery*.

I know it is an elaborate hoax started by one group of Germans and then furthered by a I believe Englishman...will have to further research that one.

But, as far as hoaxes go this is the king of cool. Anyone else feel the same?

Why does it have to be a "hoax" though? Regardless of my second post, (i had to go back and re-read it.. was like 2 years ago lol).. But I seemed to have posted both sides of the coin... Is it possible these stones could have been lost in time. According to my second posts, it was angled in favor of the skeptical vision... but the first was from a beliver.. seems like a cool mystery. thanks bubbly.

• Like 1

Dr. Tsum Um Nui a Chinese professor began studying the strange discs in the mid 60’s. Hour after hour he transcribed the small, strange, codes onto paper and then tried to decipher them. The characters were so small that the professor could not understand how anyone could have carved them with such detail.

Hour after hour, day after day, and then into months, professor Nui worked on decoding the symbols. At first his efforts were slow and tedious. Then as a word emerged then came a sentence. After a while the professor became more proficient in decoding the strange language.

And then finally, professor Tsum Um Nui had cracked the strange code. He now realized that the information he was about to publish could rewrite history and/or cause an uproar.

That part simply can't be true. Unless the alien language was really Chinese using another set of ideogram. And even if, with no context or no hint to some conversion rules, the decoding is just impossible. Either the "translator" is self deluded or con artist, or the whole thing is a haox. If he at least had the help from these dropa to understand their legend and language, it would already be more realistic (but still very farfetched).

• Like 1

There is an old documentary on them, here it is

The Asian Extraterrestrial Mystery - The Dropa Stones 1/5

Still, I love the story. It is intellectually fascinating to me.

Why does it have to be a "hoax" though? Regardless of my second post, (i had to go back and re-read it.. was like 2 years ago lol).. But I seemed to have posted both sides of the coin... Is it possible these stones could have been lost in time. According to my second posts, it was angled in favor of the skeptical vision... but the first was from a beliver.. seems like a cool mystery. thanks bubbly.

I'd say that it is possible. Aren't they always finding stuff that was "lost" squirreled away in storage rooms, and basements of museums?

Why does it have to be a "hoax" though?

The story originates from a book called "Sun Gods in Exile," by David Agamon.

David Agamon is actually David Gamon. His book was originally published as a work of fiction.

Actually, the whole thing is resolved very easily. A quick check of Sungods in exile reveals that it was published as a work of fiction. French Ufologist Patrick Gross found the real David H Gamon (not Agamon!), the author of Sungods in exile and asked him about the story. He was quite open about it being fiction, describing it as “his best hoax (as he told Fortean Times in 1992 (Volume 62: 63)).

The ‘Dropa’ – David Gamon seems to have been the first to spell the name ‘Dzopa’ – are more correctly know as Dropka, a nomadic people of western Tibet and Nepal and not an alien species at all! In fact, the name means “herder” and is not an ethnic designation at all.

Source

An admitted hoax.

So, continually wondering if it's a hoax or why it has to be a hoax is simply mental m********ion.

Harte

• Like 2