Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

witchcraft

sithninja

Hello I have been studying for 9 months all i can find on wicca and witchcraft i know the 2 are different but both practice magic i would like to actually learn and hear stories and experiances about it so please don't ridicule this topic

• Like 1

Hopefully you'll have a book of shadows! They come by other names but, let's stick to basics!

Writing down your spells and magick in that can help you in the long run to create new things and new ways of getting whatever it is you're hoping for!

Also check out various on line websites or communities!

PsychicKnight I think will have witchcraft groups!

Just scour the internet looking for what you need! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Find "The Natural Witch" by Ellen Dugan....it has been my best friend for a couple of years now. Easy read with great information. I think the world needs more solitary natural practitioners.

• 5 months later...

Hopefully you'll have a book of shadows! They come by other names but, let's stick to basics!

Writing down your spells and magick in that can help you in the long run to create new things and new ways of getting whatever it is you're hoping for!

Also check out various on line websites or communities!

PsychicKnight I think will have witchcraft groups!

Just scour the internet looking for what you need! :)

I have found a bunch but every spell I have tried doesn't work for me

Just curious... Do you know what you are doing when you are spellcasting? Like if it calls for a certain color candle, why that color is used? Or if you are using an incense, why that one and not another? If you are using symbols, what the full meaning is of them?

• Like 1

I have found a bunch but every spell I have tried doesn't work for me

There is a very real reason why they don't work.

If you believe in this so much then at some point you'll realize you don't need stage props, all you need is the ability to imagine that spells work. That's it.

Also..you cannot learn much after just 9 months. It takes far longer and you will never arrive at the point where you "know" it all. Even the most experienced still learn more and more.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

Hello I have been studying for 9 months all i can find on wicca and witchcraft i know the 2 are different but both practice magic i would like to actually learn and hear stories and experiances about it so please don't ridicule this topic

if you really have the desire to learn and hear stories try and find an alternate belief shop near you that sells things like incense and pentagrams most of the time if you ask the owner they will talk to you about what they know, also you could try and find a pagan open meeting in your area (sometime called moots), thats what i did when i wanted to learn more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know how old you are,but im guessing,young.

My advice to you is,BE VERY CAREFUL .

Of what you are doing,and asking for with your spells. Magick is not a toy.It can have serious consequences,if used improperly.

It can attract bad spirits,which can lead to bad things occurring to you,or beings in your household.Possession,tragedies,and even death can occur,with energies that can be attracted using magick.

And someone with not a lot of experience ,or a way to protect yourself,is their favorite target.

Depending upon where you live,I would look for a way to learn,that is safe.I understand that this isn't always possible.

There are on line groups,but some of them are not very reputable.

I personally do not like working within a coven,but for a beginner,its a fail safe,so you do not get hurt.

If you are casting spells,what materials are you using,and where are you getting them ? As that might be a place to start.

And keep reading. The more knowledge you have,the better off you are,but again,please be careful.

And if your magick is not working,you are doing something wrong,or its not meant to be.

If you are doing love magick,its the hardest of all.

You cannot make Joe Schmoe love you ,because it interfere with free will.

Interfering with freewill,is,for the most part,considered black magick.

Be careful what you wish for .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spells, Prayers, Curses... All are names to describe the same use of power throughout different cultures. There are a few interconnecting rules no matter the culture though: 1. The more you expect something to work the easier is will. 2. Workins for the good of others usually don't come with a price tag, those for your self- usually a small one, those to harm others (for whatever reason) usually have a steep price. 3. Prepare for unintended consequneces, w/e power causes prayers, spells...etc to work is little understood at best; and it is fairly easy to raise up problems that you can't put down.

• 4 months later...

If you believe in this so much then at some point you'll realize you don't need stage props, all you need is the ability to imagine that spells work. That's it.

Also..you cannot learn much after just 9 months. It takes far longer and you will never arrive at the point where you "know" it all. Even the most experienced still learn more and more.

thanks for the encouragement anything at this point helps me

Hi sweetie, it's great that you are asking questions; that in itself is a step in the right direction. I suggest books by Scott Cunningham and Raymond Buckland, to name just two. These men were both practicing Wiccans (albeit from different traditions; Scott was a solitary practitioner whereas Raymond learned the tradition practiced by his family).

The most important thing I can tell you, as one who once practiced Wicca, is to decide before you engage in any rituals or "spells," be sure that your intentions are pure and wholesome. Never, ever try to put a spell on another living being. For example, if you want a partner in your life, it's fine to do a ritual asking the deity you worship (or the universe, or whatever) to send love into your life. It is not, under any circumstances, appropriate to do so much as ask for the love of a particular person. The aim is never to control or influence other people; it is only to enrich your own life by creating positive intentions. You might ask what you can do to protect yourself, if you can't put curses on your enemies. In fact, you might ask why you can't curse someone who means you harm. The answer is that according to Wiccan belief, every action comes back to you multiplied by three; so if you curse someone, you are going to come to three times the harm as the person you cursed. But you can protect yourself; simply ask whatever power you honor to deflect any harm aimed at you, and to surround you with the white light of purity and protection.

Good luck, my dear...and keep asking questions!

• Like 4

if you really have the desire to learn and hear stories try and find an alternate belief shop near you that sells things like incense and pentagrams most of the time if you ask the owner they will talk to you about what they know, also you could try and find a pagan open meeting in your area (sometime called moots), thats what i did when i wanted to learn more.

This is good advice. I met a dear friend of mine who is a high priestes and teaches a class on the subject this way. I was looking for a way to share my shamanic experiences with real people not just online. I ended up as a gust speaker and teacher at a few of her classes. Many times at these shops there will flyers or a mailing list for workshops and gatherings.

• Like 1

Great that you are studying Witchcraft and learning new things. But why not try studying it a little longer before jumping in with spells? There is so much more to Witchcraft than just spells.

I’m a Witch (not Wiccan) and I bet I was studying Witchcraft for at least 2 years before I did my first ritual (which was a self dedication to the Lord and Lady). Even after years of being a Witch I still have so much to learn about it. Having all the tools is great in the early days but as someone else mentioned, you will soon realise that tools are exactly what they are and you definitely don’t need them.

Like I said, I am not Wiccan so do not follow any rede. There is no black magic or white magic, just magic and it is the intent of the Witch that determines the type of magic.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

• Like 1

I'm with Ryu. "Magic" works on intention, not candles, blades, etc. And no magic should be done that has an intention of influencing or affecting others. No power-over spell will work, nor should it be attempted. I suggest reading Starhawk's book, Spiral Dance."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

we should be able to cast a spell after a day or 2 not a year wth is this bs

• 2 months later...

do you need to already have magic to practice it or can it be learnt. i have dabbled but nothing has ever come close to working. do i need to be born with it, study for years or am i just doing something wrong. i understand the power of thought and law of attraction but im talking practising actual immediate working magic.

I allways think about reading up on wicca .it sounds interesting is wicca associated with peaganism..i know this sounds crazy but to me but the trees,the lakes the earth the moon have souls and are alive....

Just becareful what you are playing with. Spells can back fire on you. The best way is to find someone who isa real witch not a wanttobe and study with them.

• Like 1

Just becareful what you are playing with. Spells can back fire on you. The best way is to find someone who isa real witch not a wanttobe and study with them.

I would caution anyone looking to be an apprentice to be very careful of whom they choose to teach them. There are those steeped in magiks who use it for their own greed and selfish purposes and will recruit others for their cause. Dark magik is something to be avoided, the consequences (as a previous poster mentioned) are steep.

The more potent spells are ones that you create yourself. But in order to do so you have to have an understanding of how everything ties together. What's the significance of numbers, color, herbs, seasons, ect. There are so many factors to take into consideration when creating a spell. And there are many types of spells ranging in complexity and simplicity. Such as impromptu spells which are simplistic and done on the spur of the moment due to being inspired and are very simple such as a prayer or smudging to a complex spell having many components and is done over several days to a week on specific days of the year or based on the phase of the moon.

No one becomes a witch or shaman overnight. It takes a lifetime of learning and dedication. A lifetime of study and contemplation. You study, study & study some more to gain knowledge but knowledge isn't enough. You must also contemplate & develop understanding. Only then will you have the wisdom you need to perform the spell you cast with power & authority.

• Like 1

do you need to already have magic to practice it or can it be learnt. i have dabbled but nothing has ever come close to working. do i need to be born with it, study for years or am i just doing something wrong. i understand the power of thought and law of attraction but im talking practising actual immediate working magic.

When you first start ,it takes time to learn to focus .

Go to the Pagan Practices 101 thread ,and ask there ,what you want to know .

We made the thread for just this purpose .