Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare Syndrome Turns Woman Into 'Sleeping

Still Waters

In the fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty is a princess sent into a 100-year slumber by an evil witch. A kiss from a handsome prince breaks the spell, and they live happily ever after.

The present-day "Sleeping Beauty," as the media calls her, is a 17-year-old woman in Worthing, England, named Louisa Ball. Instead of the fairy tale's poisoned splinter, her curse began with flu-like symptoms two years ago.

"Bad cold, temperature ... and from then on that's when I started to sleep," she said.

She wouldn't stop for 10 to 14 days.

Her parents would rouse her for bathroom breaks and ravenous feedings.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• Eldorado

• xXHellkittiesXx

• Blues Girl

I slept for 23 hours once, it was really confusing when I woke up I can't imagine losing weeks at a time - couldn't anyone wake her?

That's a strange disease. It's good to know that the treatments are working. I hope she

grows out of it. It would be a pity if she had to waste her life on account of this disease.

that's hard :S If it continues for year she will feel like this time would have past really fast!!! She will missing out a lot of time :S

Don't people with mono sleep for weeks too?

Aye... tis sad. She's a bonnie looking lass who should be out breaking hearts. :unsure:

didnt they say it was INcurable?

Could be the perfect wife... lol runs for the hills.

:')

All jokes aside, it's a very sad syndrome and must be awful missing out on so much :/

Wow, what a waste of life. That would suck. Hope she grows out of it. We are just now on the doorstep of virology and there is a whole mansion, perhaps even world, behind the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Waste of life indeed. That's very odd.