Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lemuria

deb679702

Does anyone know anything about the ancient city/civiliation of Lemuria? It is sometimes said to be the same or in the same period of Atlantis. Anyway, I have to do a paper on it and am kinda stupid on the subject. Anything will help.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jahbuddha

• saucy

• Grandpa Greenman

• deb679702

There are a lot of web pages dedicated to Lemuria, just type "Lemuria" in Google. If you have time I strongly recommend you the book "Legend of Altazar", a very good book about Atlantis and Lemuria. According to this book both civilizations coexisted...

If you have time and want some info I have some books I can type passages out of for you...a lot of good information I may say.

If I remember correctly, Lemuria is a Japanese legend and it supposedly existed

in the middle Pacific. Some scholars think it is the same as Atlantis. What makes

Lemuria so interesting is that it it lends some credence to the Atlantis legend in that

for such a similar legend to have been in existence on both sides of the world at

such an ancient date would seem to point to the fact that there was some sort of

superior civilization in reality not just legend. (However I doubt they had space

ships or laser beams or such.) Some underwater archaeologist think they have

found an ancient sunken city just off the coast of Japan. A friend of mine was on

the initial dives and while she won't say it's manmade structures she did indicate

she held out that possibility it is. Initial dating of the site gives it an age of 10,000

yrs plus. Check out websites on Japanese/Far Eastern mythology I think you'll

find all youy need,also you might to brush on your Graham Hancock,he's the one

that first postulated the idea of far more advanced civilization thousands of years

earlier than anyone thought and while most "scholars" laugh at his theory I've got

to say his ideas are very well thought out even make more sense than some of

the "accepted" theories are. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know anything about the ancient city/civiliation of Lemuria?  It is sometimes said to be the same or in the same period of Atlantis.  Anyway, I have to do a paper on it and am kinda stupid on the subject.  Anything will help.

According to the book 'Lost cities of the Pacific' David Hatcher Childress, Lemuria was just one of many previous civilisations. Science and spirituality was highly evolved, more so than now. One time the elders discovered that Lemuria was about to sink into the sea so they startted to prepare for the survival of the species. However not all went according to plan. There were a group of people who believed that science and technology were the way to go, another group that believed the way forward was spiritual. These two groups clashed violently. But the time came when 'people' had to migrate from Lemuria, the science and technology people went on to found Atlantis, and the other, spiritual group went to Tibet (if i recall correctly). Anyway the war between these two continued even after Lemuria sank. It came to a head when a vast army of Atlantis came into India to fight with the spiritual group. Atlanteans had an incredibly advanced array of weapons, but the spiritual group (I apologise I don't remember their name) had developed the power of the mind to the highest level possible. When the Atlantean army unleashed its greatest weapon, a type of nuclear bomb, the spiritual group had no choice but to unleash their ultimate weapon, it was a hard-to-believe weapon that destroyed the entire Atlantean army with a single thought.

Now some people have suggested there is some evidence for all this. The remains of Mohendo-Djaro and Harrappa in the sub-continent have incredibly high environemental radiation levels, higher even than those found at Nagaskai and Hiroshima. And some of the Indian scriptures relate a precise desciption of a nuclear explosion with a burts of light more brilliant than the sun and a mushroom cloud. Other ancient Indian writing talks about flying machines, and a great war which included an enormously destructive weapon that could only be launched with a thought..

All a bit far-fetched but intresting

I don't know about Lemuria, but i do know about a similar story, the story of Mu.

The legend was writen on a codex( i think or Codec), and was found in a Aztec ruin, it tell the story of a huge island in the pacific. It's the same type of civilisation as Atlantis, extremly smart and powerfull people. The way they were distroyed was there own technology, they created a foating platform a form(anti-grvity?) of hovering tower (which they used to scare the local tribes) one day a malfonction (unknowed) in the tower made it unstable. According to the rest of the codex it exploded creating a powerful fire ball (much like a atomic bomb) and sank the island.

The problem with the legend of mu is that the codex is unfinished (so we don't know what happend to the people of mu) and we only have a few pieces of the codex ( so we just have bits and pieces of the legend, there origine and there "every day" life is still unknowed)

I hope this shines a little bit more light on the mystery.

I think that had sumthing to do with Conan the Barbarian.

Edited by Big Mack

I could of sworn Lemoria was mentioned the far away land in the Gameboy game "Golden Sun". plus I remember reading it was supposed to be located where Australia is now.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds interesting on a lost civilization or city, but it does sound very fimiliar... i rememeber reading it somewhere... but i thought it was like a lost planet or something haha... i guess i read it wrong!