Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexican couple have underwater wedding

Still Waters

Over 200 certified scuba divers attended the wedding of two shark enthusiasts in Cancun, who said their vows five-metres under water.

Alberto dal Lago, 41, and Karla Munguia, 43, decided to hold their wedding underwater to raise awareness of the plight of endangered sharks.

Wearing a white gown the bride floated next to the groom who sported a bow tie over his scuba outfit.

The couple exchanged rings, signalled their vows and kissed before swimming to the surface.

The pair met when Mr dal Lago, a scuba instructor, and Ms Munguia, a real estate agent, attended a dive and realised they both had a common love for sharks.

He said he was drawn to a woman who was so at ease in the water and shared his passion.

The wedding was officiated by Civil Judge Jorge Denis and his secretary, who had to learn scuba diving to lead the ceremony.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UFO_Monster

• Rosenrot

• Still Waters

• Lucky7

Top Posters In This Topic

This couple is awesome! I would love to have my wedding underwater (I have a love for fish, too), but I'm not sure my boyfriend would agree to it. I might just have to settle for a wedding on the top of a mountain.

Somebody's probably going to be married in outer space next.

This is a beautiful story with a positive message about conservation. And it was not instigated by Angelina and Brad (where right now Angie is throwing a fit that she didn't think of this first).

I think this is awesome. What a creative way to raise awareness. In the end it will be our only salvation. I applaud them.