Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon Structures? As seen from Earth.

Gridkeeper

HI I should have said that you'll also need a screwdriver and a hammer and be VERY careful doing it. No eye piece on the scope, just a tube with tape at each end to attach it to the scope and camera. By the way I didn't film these particular video but i have used the scope which did.

Any half decent camcorder will do the job as long as it's ccd. the only real problem is buying an expensive one and breaking it whilst removing the lens.

This video shows the old 8" scope which i now own which is filming a strange looking Venus, I'm the one holding the video camera and filming the scope.

I made this video to show that stars aren't seen in the background when looking closely at a single point of light in space.

Hello,

Well the reason there are no stars visible is because you are using a camcorder, they have small chips and small exposure times - they are fine for the moon and planets (and solar with the right filter) but you'll never pick stars and deep sky objects out with a camcorder. That's why imagers and video astronomers use proper CCD's (long exposure) and modified CCtv's like the Samsung435, or mintrons and watecs.....the fact your camera picked up that light source suggests to me it was probably a planet, otherwise I don't think you would have captured it with that camera...

Nice scope btw, get something like the Samsung 435 (ebay about £100 second hand), remove the lens (screw fit) and put a 1.25 nose adaptor on, connect it to your laptop with a capture card or directly to your TV and you'll get some great views from that scope...

Edited by The Sky Scanner

Thanks for all the videos Gridkeeper......have watched a few of them and will watch the rest tomorrow.

excellent and most interesting

cheers

Do you have any close-ups of the Tycho Crater?

Space debris would be too small to film. NOt an artifact. Not a trick of the light as it's always there. No, not in our atmosphere either.

It's not at all like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a UFO because it does not look like a fish, that would be ridiculous.

Here's another example:

There are more if you really need to see them.

i'm gonna go with satellite on this one, thats what it looks like to me all tho its not clear enough so i can't be certain.

well i watched that one that i already commented on, and the first one you posted when you started this thread. First off i see absolutely no structures on the moon in that footage, and the (space craft) at the end could be anything really, its nowhere near enough for me to conclude its a space craft. I will watch the others when i have the time plus my computers acting a bit slow right now, all tho this is interesting footage i fail to see any structures maybe you can tell me at what point of the video you see structures?

well i watched that one that i already commented on, and the first one you posted when you started this thread. First off i see absolutely no structures on the moon in that footage, and the (space craft) at the end could be anything really, its nowhere near enough for me to conclude its a space craft. I will watch the others when i have the time plus my computers acting a bit slow right now, all tho this is interesting footage i fail to see any structures maybe you can tell me at what point of the video you see structures?

Notice when he zooms in. I can see what looks like structures, but it's only a trick of light. If you turn the pic around and look, the illusion disappears.

Space debris would be too small to film. NOt an artifact. Not a trick of the light as it's always there. No, not in our atmosphere either.

It's not at all like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a UFO because it does not look like a fish, that would be ridiculous.

Of course it would be ridiculous, just like "It's in space and it doesn't look like a planet so it's a spaceship" /facepalm

Moon Structures?A closer and more detailed look at the clavius/copernicus areas of the moon as seen from earth with a space craft at the end of the video. Another note to Nasa; must do better!

Note...to you:

i would suggest you need to do better (NASA does a pretty good job at everything, and in this film I can see no evidence of their signature).

That's nice views of the lunar surface. The features are called craters, massifs, deltas, rilles, maria, and various basins.

"As seen from Earth with a spacecraft at the end"...?

What's that mean anyway? That light structure at the latter part of the film is supposed to be something identifiable...on the Moon?

:lol:

Geez...what's going on here anyway?

Notice when he zooms in. I can see what looks like structures, but it's only a trick of light. If you turn the pic around and look, the illusion disappears.

are you talking about those things sticking up? looks a little weird but i wouldn't go and call them structures, and i'm not exactly sure what you mean by turning around the pic, do you mean flipping the computer screen upside down? i did that and it does look different but i still see those things.

are you talking about those things sticking up? looks a little weird but i wouldn't go and call them structures, and i'm not exactly sure what you mean by turning around the pic, do you mean flipping the computer screen upside down? i did that and it does look different but i still see those things.

I never meant artificial structures. Yeah, it's those things sticking up. I'm just saying, from a different angle the illusion isn't there.

I never meant artificial structures. Yeah, it's those things sticking up. I'm just saying, from a different angle the illusion isn't there.

Moon Rima Hadley area filmed from earth

It's a space craft as written in the video description i posted at the start of the thread. It's in space and was filmed with the same 12" meade telescope which was used to film the moon.

So can you explain how using the same setup for both the moon and the supposed space craft, space is black in the moon shot and neon blue in the space craft picture?

It depicts parts of the moon which have never been seen this close from earth before.

Nobody has ever looked at the Clavius and Copernicus craters with anything better than a 12" telescope before this? I find that hard to believe.

So can you explain how using the same setup for both the moon and the supposed space craft, space is black in the moon shot and neon blue in the space craft picture?

Time of day it was filmed, early in the morning so it gives the blue effect. And the supposed space craft i suppose may also be much closer to earth than the moon.

Close Moon Scan from Earth

filmed from earth with a 12" inch meade and camcorder, against the grain and outside the box.

Nobody has ever looked at the Clavius and Copernicus craters with anything better than a 12" telescope before this? I find that hard to believe.

I'd say it's more than just hard to believe - it's got to be downright false.

Edited by Moonie2012

It cant get much better than this ! Im at a total loss for words !

Mid ! Help me get off this planet !!! Now !!! :innocent:

GridKeeper. I think if you could point out the significance of each video, it would help. So far, while impressive, it seems kinda boring. Just a slow rescanning of the same region, with nothing particularly striking to see.

I am curious though, do you have any Tycho Crater close-ups? I've been fascinated with that area. I've seen some photos with questionable structure-like terrain. I want to find better photos while I study the geology of the region (for a blog). A real, close-up would be grand and I would appreciate your assistance, if at all possible. :)

GridKeeper. I think if you could point out the significance of each video, it would help. So far, while impressive, it seems kinda boring. Just a slow rescanning of the same region, with nothing particularly striking to see.

I am curious though, do you have any Tycho Crater close-ups? I've been fascinated with that area. I've seen some photos with questionable structure-like terrain. I want to find better photos while I study the geology of the region (for a blog). A real, close-up would be grand and I would appreciate your assistance, if at all possible. :)

Not sure, must have somewhere, I'll also have a word with JLW. For all the moon videos i've posted over the years i'm not very knowledgable as the names of all the craters appart from Clavius and Copernicus. I'll get back asap abou this.

Much appreciated! ;)

Regardless of what peoples views are in relation to craft or structures etc I think they are some pretty cool visions of the moon. I've only ever seen the moon through binoculars and as anyone knows with bino's you dont see much lol. I'm not an astronomer by any means and can name very few stars/planets/ constellations but anything space always intrigues me and more so when I see it in real life. This could mean I have to hide another purchase in the form of a telescope from the wife. Could be dangerous. She already thinks I have far to many hobbies :)

oh no i didn't mean you thought that, but the video and original poster said that and i see what you mean about the illusion.

WTF is that random blue thing near the end?

TARDIS ;)

oh no i didn't mean you thought that, but the video and original poster said that and i see what you mean about the illusion.

Isn't it just perspective?