Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon Structures? As seen from Earth.

Gridkeeper

Do you have any more evidence bar a video to back up your statement? :D

Of course not. Here's another video of the moon arch and tower shadow which is much better resolution. Please feel free to mute the audio if you don't like it.

Nick Carter - I'm Taking Off (Gridkeeper remix)

Of course not. Here's another video of the moon arch and tower shadow which is much better resolution. Please feel free to mute the audio if you don't like it.

I have seldom seen a more self-damning acknowledgement on these forums.

If I were you I would focus a lot more on video content and a lot on less on crappy remixes of crappy songs. Better yet, ditch the soundtrack entirely. It serves no purpose and only detracts.

Anyway, what happened with the whole "helicopters follow me everywhere" thing? I was waiting to hear an explanation on that - did I miss it?

Edited by Moonie2012

Hmm, my advice try googling 'moon structures and see what else you can find out. Without sounding like a big mr. Downer Id prefer more information from a more clear and reliable source other then videos with terrible music ;P

Start with George Leonard's classic book Someone Else is on the Moon. I have reason to suspect that this guy was not just a sci fi writer but some kind of spy or spook, like many people affiliated with that Esalen Institute were. He was the head of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Somebody-Else-Moon-George-Leonard/dp/0679506063

"George Leonard

Esalen CTR Conference Affiliation(s): founder

George Leonard (1923-2010), was a pioneer in the field of human potential and the author of twelve books, including The Transformation, Education and Ecstasy, The Ultimate Athlete, and Mastery. During his seventeen years as senior editor for Look magzine, he won an unprecedented number of national awards for education writing, and during the 1980s produced annual Ultimate Fitness sections for Esquire as well as numerous articles on a wide variety of subjects in such magazines as Esquire, Harper's, Atlantic, New York, Saturday Review, and The Nation.

Leonard held a fifth-degree black belt in aikido, and was co-owner of a martial arts school in Mill Valley, California. He founded Leonard Energy Training (LET), a transformative practice inspired by aikido, which he introduced to some 50,000 people in the U.S. and abroad. He was President of the Association of Humanistic Psychology and the President of Esalen Institute from 1988 to 2003.

A native of Georgia, Leonard received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina and Doctor of Humanities degrees from Lewis and Clark College and John F. Kennedy University. He served with the U.S. Air Force as a combat pilot in the South Pacific during World War II and as an intelligence officer and magazine editor during the Korean war. His adventures along the human frontiers of the 1960s are described in his 1988 memoir, Walking on the Edge of the World. He also authored, The Way of Aikido: Life Lessons from an American Sensei."

Once an intelligence officer always an intelligence officer? Do you think that's true?

http://www.esalenctr.org/display/bio.cfm?ID=6

Skeptics panned Leonard's book, calling him a crackpot, a spiritualist, a religious believer and peddler of mumbo-jumbo, which only makes me want to find out more about him!

"Someone Else Is on the Moon does not deserve the title of “borderland science” or “New Age research” or any of the other such terms that have lately become fash­ionable. It is the work of a grade-A crack­pot. There have always been crackpots around, but the mass marketing of Leonard’s book is one small symptom of an enormous shift that has taken place in American popular thought. Never before would a reputable publishing house like Simon and Schuster have had the chutzpah to print Somebody Else Is on the Moon, place is in the Science and Nature section of bookstores everywhere, and put this sell line on the opening page: “What NASA knows but won’t divulge! With careful logic and reason, George Leonard has studied all the data to prove his theory of a highly advanced underground civilization that is working the face of the moon.” Not until the Seventies, that is. In times past, purveyors of paranormal ideas used to charge bitterly that they were being cen­sored out of print by conspiracies of pub­lishers and orthodox scientists. No more; all holds are off. Sunken continents, an­cient astronauts, colliding planets, pyramid power, astrology, scores of holistic health beliefs, undersea UFO bases, and a thousand similar ideas are getting a hearing in America like never before."

"All of Leonard’s moon constructions are at the very limit of resolution of the photos. When he had a chance to get better photos and see the terrain more clearly, he didn’t. One of his pictures is supposed to show miles-long bridges. The photo is a very distant shot, hardly better than the view in a telescope from earth, and the bridges are the vaguest smudges. Most of Leonard’s other photos are close-ups of just a few miles of lunar terrain. Equally good close-ups have been taken of she bridge areas, and if the bridges were there, they would reach from one side of the frame to the other like a wall poster of the Golden Gate. For some reason Leonard did not get those particular close-ups, readily avail­able from NASA. He was unwilling so look carefully."

http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id19.html

Our earth’s satellite, which once every moon turns around our Earth, has driven Mankind for centuries to lunacy. Seeing “the man in the moon” is but one in a long series of stories that echoes our fascination with the white disc that lights up our nightly skies.

The introduction of modern equipment that allowed Mankind to look towards the Moon with telescopes, meant that one Englishmen, Sir John Herschel, directed his scope to the moon at the start of the 19th century. Through his lens, he claimed to see strange objects on the surface of the moon. During an eclipse, he stated that he had observed lights, lights that seemed to move. As early as 1788, the astronomer Schroeter had observed small “swollen parts” on the Moon. He argued that these were the result of industrial activity of the “Selenites”, the inhabitants of the moon. Other astronomers from the era reported light structures, which looked remarkable similar to those observed on cities on Earth. In 1869, the Royal Astronomical Society of Great Britain started a three year long investigation, after numerous sightings of anomalous lights in the Mare Crisium part of the Moon.

Though one century before Apollo 11’s mission to the Moon, it was nevertheless not the first time that Mare Crisium had been the focus of attention. It would not be the last time either. On July 29, 1953, John J. O’Neill, editor in chief of the scientific columns of the New York Herald Tribune, dedicated his free time by observing our satellite through his telescope. He observed what he felt was a bridge that spanned the crater in the Mare Crisium. He estimated that the bridge measured approx. 15 miles long. O’Neill spoke about his discovery in a rather careful tone, suggesting that this was a “natural bridge” which “somehow” had formed itself, this in the course of just one night. He reported his find to the Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers, but his report was mocked and attacked. One month later, the legendary British astronomer Dr. H.P.Wilkins confirmed the findings of O’Neill. Patrick Moore, another of the leading figures of English astronomy, confirmed the observation.

In the 1970s, NASA wanted to investigate what they had labelled “Lunar Transient Phenomena” (LTP): suddenly visible objects on the surface of the moon. The project was not a success as the project members did not adhere to the project scope. Nevertheless, NASA offered an explanation to these phenomena; it involved gases that escaped from lava, which occurred at sunrise, resulting in ultraviolet light, as well as other particles that create the luminous effect. And if this was not the correct or only explanation, then it could also be due to volcanic activity.

LTP or ULOs, Unidentified Light Objects, were nevertheless not a new phenomenon – astronomers knew about it. But what was it? Was NASA correct in its explanations that it involved purely natural phenomena? Or was it indeed evidence of the presence of an intelligence?

The British UFO researcher Timothy Good reports the story of “a certain professor”, whose name is not given, working for the British military intelligence agency, speaking to Neil Armstrong. The conversation occurred during a NASA conference, when the professor prodded Armstrong for details as to what exactly happened during the Apollo 11 mission. “It was incredible”, reported Armstrong. “Naturally, we always knew that the possibility existed… but it is so; we were warned. Ever since, the possibility of a space station or building a city on the Moon, has disappeared.”

The professor asked what Armstrong meant when he stated they had been “warned”. “I cannot give details, except to say that their ships are superior to ours, both in science and technology… boy, they were big… and menacing… no, there is just no way we can build a space station.” The professor prodded that NASA had nevertheless sent further missions to the Moon, following Armstrong’s visit. “Of course, NASA could not do otherwise, they could not risk that a panic would break out on Earth.” Later, Armstrong would deny that this conversation ever occurred."

http://www.philipcoppens.com/moon.html

I mean, skeptics attacking UFO and alien books like George Leonard's Someone Else is on the Moon is manna from heaven for authors and publishers. In the old days when we had censorship in the US--open censorship--the Boston Puritans were notorious for banning books of all kinds. Publishers used to pay the city council of Boston to ban their more titillating books, so they could put "Banned in Boston!!!!!!" on the front cover in big red letters.

Hi MID

Thank you very much! He certainly was a king of astronaut photography, the images are nothing short of breathtaking.

I am going to punch that name into Google images and set the pictures to large. I feel I am in for a treat. That detail can only be described as stunning.

Thank you kindly once again MID, you are a champ.

Cheers.

:nw:

many thanks for the kind words psyche!

Well, I have no idea who MID is in real life--or you for that matter.

Does it matter?

Regarding that idea;

What Lilly said applies.

I would add the following.

We are on an anonymous board, using pseudonyms.

You can claim you're a PhD in Astrophysics, are an engineer, a project manager, you're John Glenn, or Jack Schmitt, or Gene Cernan, an Apollo FIDO, or all sorts of keen stuff...

Doesn't make any difference...

So what? How do you susbstantiate such things here?

Who you are, what your background was like, and what you know is shown strictly in what you say here. The content of one's character, their knowledge base, and who they are, is on this board, entirely in the words they write, what they say, and how they say it.

People come up with all sorts of things to say about all sorts of folks here, but it's all derived from the content the people place on the board.

The British UFO researcher Timothy Good reports the story of “a certain professor”, whose name is not given, working for the British military intelligence agency, speaking to Neil Armstrong. The conversation occurred during a NASA conference, when the professor prodded Armstrong for details as to what exactly happened during the Apollo 11 mission. “It was incredible”, reported Armstrong. “Naturally, we always knew that the possibility existed… but it is so; we were warned. Ever since, the possibility of a space station or building a city on the Moon, has disappeared.”

What conference? When? Who?

I have little doubt that Neil may have, at one point, said that Apollo 11 was incredible. But the nonsense that followed that abocve is just that.

The professor asked what Armstrong meant when he stated they had been “warned”. “I cannot give details, except to say that their ships are superior to ours, both in science and technology… boy, they were big… and menacing… no, there is just no way we can build a space station.” The professor prodded that NASA had nevertheless sent further missions to the Moon, following Armstrong’s visit. “Of course, NASA could not do otherwise, they could not risk that a panic would break out on Earth.” Later, Armstrong would deny that this conversation ever occurred."

I think Neil would deny it...because it never happened.

And I've heard that Rick Perry has plans for another moon landing if he ever becomes president:

Moon%2BLanding.jpg

I'm not sure where you are from, but Texas is one of the best places on Earth to be. Your potrayal is simple-minded, wrong, and Ludicrous! Texas consistently outshines almost every other State year after year!

• 1 month later...

Kerli - Army Of Love (Gridkeeper remix)

There are some interesting objects in this video of the moon and also a couple of space craft at the end.

It is too bad that the public does not have access to big telescopes such as the 200 inch models. I am sure if non-astronmers would be taking the pictures we would see the real structures on the surface. Notice I said non-astronmers because the astronomers as a group are liars and have tried to deny the existence of UFOs or any other indication of life outside the earth.

It is too bad that the public does not have access to big telescopes such as the 200 inch models. I am sure if non-astronmers would be taking the pictures we would see the real structures on the surface. Notice I said non-astronmers because the astronomers as a group are liars and have tried to deny the existence of UFOs or any other indication of life outside the earth.

Everything is a conspiracy to you Mike. Going through life with that perspective must really suck.

There is a man who clearly knows no astronomers, or anything about astronomy....

First off, I don't know of any astronomer who has denied indications of life outside the earth....that's one of the things they are looking for....I suspect their indications and yours are light years apart though, literally...

As for ufo's, most tend to get reported in earth's atmosphere, astronomers tend not to be looking there (the clue is in the name)....but then you'd know all that if you'd ever tried it.

Edited by The Sky Scanner

Of course astronomers will say that life is possible outside the earth. But they are the first to scream that any evidence of such life is a lie or a distortion of the facts. They control the big telescopes, the satellites and the Martian and other space probes. With all that equipment they still tell us there is no evidence that life exists outside the earth.

And when we get to UFO programs on cable, it always the astronomers who deny they exist. I was watching one program about UFOs over Mexico City about 10 years ago. There were hundreds of videos made of these objects. So at the end of the program they interview an astronomer who said that ALL THE VIDEO CAMERAS HAVE DEFECTIVE LENSES CAUSING THE UFOS TO APPEAR. And in all of these UFO program it is the astronomers who claim the people are seeing Venus or that the people are on drugs or some light reflected off some cloud.

It reminds me of the Cathoic priests who say they are men of god and then are raping young boys when nobody is watching.

Of course astronomers will say that life is possible outside the earth. But they are the first to scream that any evidence of such life is a lie or a distortion of the facts. They control the big telescopes, the satellites and the Martian and other space probes. With all that equipment they still tell us there is no evidence that life exists outside the earth.

And when we get to UFO programs on cable, it always the astronomers who deny they exist. I was watching one program about UFOs over Mexico City about 10 years ago. There were hundreds of videos made of these objects. So at the end of the program they interview an astronomer who said that ALL THE VIDEO CAMERAS HAVE DEFECTIVE LENSES CAUSING THE UFOS TO APPEAR. And in all of these UFO program it is the astronomers who claim the people are seeing Venus or that the people are on drugs or some light reflected off some cloud.

It reminds me of the Cathoic priests who say they are men of god and then are raping young boys when nobody is watching.

I'm not seeing the correlation with your analogy. Mike, it is obvious to me that you are spamming this website. I would suggest to provide some sort of proof or relevancy to your posts. Nobody will take you seriously.

There are some interesting objects in this video of the moon

No there aren't. Why do *you* think they are interesting? What are they, where are they, when were they taken and using what equipment and settings?

DON'T point at the video - this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. So discuss - do not spam your Youtube channel.

and also a couple of space craft at the end.

Spacecraft? I see imagery already proven as a hoax. So, be specific. What spacecraft are these? If you cannot identify them, then give details of the time/date/location/alt/az, and also provide your explanation for them. And given that many people like Thierry LeGault can image satellites/ISS/etc quite readily and with *real* clarity, do you seriously expect people to believe only Walson can take these ridiculously distorted images of unidentified 'craft'?

When will John Lenard Walson be showing everyone his promised 'technique'?

When will you/he be giving technical details and verifiable explanations allowing repeatability of the images you keep posting without proper explanation or comments? You DO understand what forums are for?

After all, this is a 10" or 12" scope right? Lots of amateurs have larger scopes ... and FAR better images.

I invite people to search Google on the following names:

Gridkeeper, John Lenard Walson, F.A.S.T., Santiago Ytturia Garza, Free Spirit and then take a look at their association with Jose Escamilla...

And then ask yourself about the motives behind posting this stuff.

Finally, let's cut to the chase. I'm calling you and Walson out, Grid. The footage commencing at 5:13 is a FAKE. It is a hoax. It is deliberate misuse of an optical effect with intent to mislead this forum.

If you claim otherwise, then you will now provide the following:

Technical details - scope/camera/filter description, (inc optical elements/eyepiece/adaptors used, camera/sensor, settings, location, alt/az, date and time.

A video showing the equipment in use, with the recorded images visible and then panning to the sky scene as proof.

More to the point, and to prove this is a scam - please now show the same technique used on A VERIFIABLE KNOWN ITEM, such as the ISS or Jupiter (which is perfectly placed right now). THAT IS THE FIRST THING THAT ANY REAL RESEARCHER WOULD DO. There is only one reason why you would not do that, and you know what that is.

And remember, John Lenard Walson has promised to reveal all and prove the images are real.. How many years back was that, Grid?

Finally, has Walson ever apologised or even admitted that he STOLE an image of the ISS from Paul Rix and presented it as his own? (read this GLP thread if you are a glutton for punishment - the truth begins to come out on P.2..)

:blink:

Whew.

It would be a howl to take you out to Keck or to Palomar and give you "access".

There is a reason Astronomers are required to operate and use these instruments. Despite the fact that they're all liars, they're the ones who know what they're doing.

Besides, show me the scientists who deny the existence of UFOs.

Also, perhaps in your foolishness you might realize that there is no indication of life outside of Earth. It takes no scientist to realize this.

perhaps you could re-think this convoluted statement of yours and actually post something that makes some sense?

I realize I ask too much. :wacko:

Of course astronomers will say that life is possible outside the earth. But they are the first to scream that any evidence of such life is a lie or a distortion of the facts.

Actually, they don't sceam. I'm sure you do that, but they simply state the facts: Life very probably exists outside of Earth. However, we've never seen any evidence of it.

I know this is hard for you to understand, but that's the simple truth.

One day, perhaps, we'll have evidence. But we don't bend the scientific method to conform to the fantasies of people who want to believe.

They control the big telescopes, the satellites and the Martian and other space probes. With all that equipment they still tell us there is no evidence that life exists outside the earth.

:hmm: ...And somehow, you, like so many, think (sic) that having scientific equipment equates to having scientific evidence of life off Earth.

How do you come up with these things? Like the Keck Telescope could image some alien structure on the Moon? (If there was such a thing on the heavily imaged Moon, the Moon where 11 men spent about 18 days orbiting, observing and imaging it And that Moon that has since been imaged in detail unimaginable in the 1960s and 1970s... in more detail than any large telescope could possibly hope to?

And I'm guessing that you simply cannot accept that even though we've been exploring Mars for years, imaging, testing, and all that stuff, that we haven't yet been able to see that old grizzled prospector emerge from behind a rock, or even detected a single microbe?

Your "logic" behooves me sometimes.

It's obvious that you want to believe, in all sorts of fallacy.

It's a nasty way to live.