Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My First Hunt

astrodaddy

Hello everyone, before I post this cap, I would like to shed some light on its origin. I took this pic on June 29, 2004 between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm during my very first ghost-hunt. It was taken in Middleburg, Ohio in Logan countys first graveyard. I used to pass by this graveyard every day on my way home from work, but I never stopped until I became a member of another forum (who I will keep nameless unless its ok to post it) which made me a believer. So I went back and took two rolls of film with my 35mm camera. Only two came out strange. Here is the first.

user posted image

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• astrodaddy

• _Zombie_

• Fluffybunny

• mr_halo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a beautiful picture, but I have to admit it looks an awful lot like an out of focus camera strap.

I could be wrong though...

looks like a white shoelace, infact exactly like that, can even see the stiching detail, has your camera got a white, shoelace like strap, i know what i mean blink.gif

It is a beautiful picture, but I have to admit it looks an awful lot like an out of focus camera strap.

i second that

Thanks for the replies, but I give you my word that the camera strap was securely around my wrist, and there was nothing on the lens as I made sure to use lens wipes. And I didnt use the flash as the sun was shining brightly. There was no humidity that day what-so-ever. Here is the very next pic in the roll (I have negatives if anyone is interested, I have no intention of wasting anyones time) which I like alot as it looks very old, ive been told its a possible vortex.

user posted image

These were the only pics out of a possible 48 that came out strange.

And the camera strap is black plastic.

(Sorry for not mentioning that)

Edited by astrodaddy

What type of camera do you have? What speed film? What speed was the shutter set at?

Nice pics, lucky you got some good pics on your first photo shoot. Maybe its the ghost of a shoelace wacko.gif

What type of camera do you have? What speed film? What speed was the shutter set at?

I used a Canon Snappy EL 35mm. I used 400 speed film with the 400 speed shutter setting. No flash, as I stated before in either one of the pics.

For the truly interested, please click on the link in my sig. Just so I dont have to reproduce everything. I have lots more info there.

it's a hair really close to the lens i've seen it on another site make sure you shave your head BALd before u go see if u catch something this time lol

Nice Pics!

I am NOT going to "Pooh-Pooh" the first photo you posted. If you say that you are sure that the Cam Strap was securely out of the frame, and that you cleaned your lens thoroughly, then I have NO REASON to doubt you. Whatsmore, I can't offer an explanation.

As for the second pic; in it I actually see something that looks simular to The Shadow Creatures that I encounter constantly. However, I DO NOT BELIEVE that TRUE Shadow People are either Spirits or Ghosts as we know them. Furthermore, I don't believe that "Shadow Boogers" are necessarily attracted to Human Spirits OR Human Remains, infact, I don't believe that they're attracted to ANYTHING HUMAN at all! This is something ELSE!!! SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!

It might be a trick of light, or a shadow on the ground, a pocket of Methane Gas, (though that would be rare, as it appears that these graves have been there far too long to have Methane still emitting from them,) a bad frame on your roll of film or even a fault in the developing process of the pics. However,,,on the other hand,,,It might be a ghost, spirit or other entity.

It's hard to say, pictures DON'T ALWAYS speak a thousand words anymore,,ya' know what I'm saying. huh.gif

Guest Lottie

Hey

Nice pics but I have seen many photo's like this where its to do with the camera strap, hair or something to do with the camera itself. So I would say no I do not believe you have picked up anything paranormal on camera.

The first pic, I'm not too sure what it could be. However, I'm pretty sure that the second isn't related to anything paranormal. Not to be rude, of course, but I have quite a few pictures that came out like that. My guess is that something happened when they were developed. Or maybe something having to do with lighting. Or...something.

I know what you are talking about but this caught my eye right away!

post-10-1093726813.jpg