Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Major Blast in OSLO

HMS Dreadnought

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arglebargle

• questionmark

• EllJay

• Raptor Witness

Hope no-one has been killed and it turns out to be an accident rather than bad people responsible.

2 dead so far and it was a bomb...explosion site looked too big for anything else really

* multiple dead

* lots of injured people

* PM Stoltenberg is unhurt

That is where it's at now.

NRK has a continuasly updating article: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fnyheter%2Fnorge%2F1.7722919 (google translated)

edit: there are two more bombs, unexploded.

Edited by username

2 dead so far and it was a bomb...explosion site looked too big for anything else really

You may be right, but just because it was a big explosion is not enough evidence to prove it was a terrorist attack. I mean, we're talking Norway here. Who the heck wants to attack Norway?

Yeah -- I'm watching this on TV now, as I post ... two confirmed dead with 15 injured; people likely trapped in buildings; looks like a war zone. :hmm:

Edited by Karlis
Edited to update the bolded points

You may be right, but just because it was a big explosion is not enough evidence to prove it was a terrorist attack. I mean, we're talking Norway here. Who the heck wants to attack Norway?

It was a confirmed bomb...maybe a good enough place to start.Also Norway are supporting the action in Libya...From what SKY say a rebel in Somalia was quoted as saying there will be major terrorist attacks in Scandinavia in protest of support of the actions in Libya.....No Gas explosion causes devestation that bad.

Shades of Oklahoma about the look of that bomb site, imo. (not nearly as bad, I know)

They're part of NATO and the Western world. That's more than enough for some groups.

Any group taking credit for it yet?

Terrorists are the scum of the Earth. :angry:

No group that i am aware, but the news report the detaining of two person in Osla and one in Germany. An Uigur, an Iraquian and a Uzbek. I will not be surprised if this is a muslim terrorist act.

Shooting at a youth camp on an island near Oslo, man dressed as policeman fired at youths.

I have read in the news that Norway has arrested a couple of Al-Quaeda terrorists in the past year or so, it is probably Al-Quaeda, choosing a vulnerable civilian target as usual because they are bunch of pussies.

Edited by Halloween78

4 youths have been shot on the island

Yeah...Norways leader was due on the Island today....looks like he may have been a target...

I wonder who could be behind this violent outrage?

Dont take this wrong, but not all terorist are bad...You've been just told that... There is always a reason for this tragedy and noone blows stuff just for fun. See obvious media error... It was terorist,here,there,...But they didnt tell anyone what triggered this event...

For example; Someone on high end goverment branch was doing black business that went wrong, so the second hand threatens him with bombing attacks if he doesnt pay or deliver the stash. The guy thinks hes invincible because hes in goverment, they show him otherwise...And if you ask me, its again money fault for this. Greed to be exact. This was just one way of showing off power in nowdays..

Dont take this wrong, but not all terorist are bad...You've been just told that... There is always a reason for this tragedy and noone blows stuff just for fun. See obvious media error... It was terorist,here,there,...But they didnt tell anyone what triggered this event...

For example; Someone on high end goverment branch was doing black business that went wrong, so the second hand threatens him with bombing attacks if he doesnt pay or deliver the stash. The guy thinks hes invincible because hes in goverment, they show him otherwise...And if you ask me, its again money fault for this. Greed to be exact. This was just one way of showing off power in nowdays..

Hmmm....but anyway, I wonder who is behind this violent act of murdering innocent civilians on a massive scale by using an explosive device?

I've read in the news that the youth camp shooting is likely related to the bombing. Apparently whoever did this is more concerned with politics than with the lives of civilian children. Even Timothy McVeigh said he would have chosen a different target if he'd known there was a daycare center in the building. What does that make these people? These are the type of people who are sitting in Guantanamo Bay who Obama wanted to set free. My heart goes out to them with the world's smallest violin.

@ ITSNOTOUTTHERE Well i would like to know too, but most likely we ( public ) wont be granted that information...

It interesting to note that Norway is due to leave the Libya 'humanitarian mission' August 1st... the government supports the Palestinian cuase for inception into the U.N. and they do not belong to the EU.

And were to believe that Al-Qaeda or some other islamic militant group is behind this?

Edited by acidhead

Dont take this wrong, but not all terorist are bad...

Nope, they're all bad. Two wrongs never make a right. The murder of innocent civilians is wrong...period.

Now, obviously there are groups of people with very real grievences against various governments. But, blowing up innocent women, children, elderly folks isn't likely to improve their situation, quite the opposite actually.

@ ITSNOTOUTTHERE Well i would like to know too, but most likely we ( public ) wont be granted that information...

Why not? There will be an investigation and then the results will be made public. Not everything is a conspiracy.