Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Major Blast in OSLO

HMS Dreadnought

Norway gunman 'has accomplices'

Norwegian police are investigating claims by Anders Behring Breivik, who has admitted carrying out Friday's twin attacks in Norway, that he has "two more cells" working with him.

Mr Breivik made the claim as he attended his first court hearing following the bombing in Oslo and a massacre on an island youth camp that killed at least 93 people in total.

Mr Breivik said his attacks were a "shock signal" to Norway's people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14280210

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arglebargle

• questionmark

• EllJay

• Raptor Witness

Norway gunman 'has accomplices'

Norwegian police are investigating claims by Anders Behring Breivik, who has admitted carrying out Friday's twin attacks in Norway, that he has "two more cells" working with him.

Mr Breivik made the claim as he attended his first court hearing following the bombing in Oslo and a massacre on an island youth camp that killed at least 93 people in total.

Mr Breivik said his attacks were a "shock signal" to Norway's people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14280210

If this was all about Europe, then why did he post his manifesto in English? This is a question that I have yet to hear a good answer for. His message is to who, and he writes it in what language? That doesn't make sense to me. He kills Europeans, but he terrorizes the West with words? Come on ...

As for secret organizations and membership, this could easily be a ruse, in order to inflict more terror long after he has been taken out of the spotlight. He lives on in suspicion, rumor and heightened conspiracy theories with this. I'm not buying it for a minute. He's a lone wolf, and he has behaved like one, based upon every piece of evidence presented so far.

If this was a group effort, then I would expect a release of some kind from the organization he represents, but there is none. That's because there is none.

Edited by Raptor Witness

If this was all about Europe, then why did he post his manifesto in English? This is a question that I have yet to hear a good answer for. His message is to who, and he writes it in what language? That doesn't make sense to me. He kills Europeans, but he terrorizes the West with words? Come on ...

As for secret organizations and membership, this could easily be a ruse, in order to inflict more terror long after he has been taken out of the spotlight. He lives on in suspicion, rumor and heightened conspiracy theories with this. I'm not buying it for a minute. He's a lone wolf, and he has behaved like one, based upon every piece of evidence presented so far.

If this was a group effort, then I would expect a release of some kind from the organization he represents, but there is none. That's because there is none.

It may have escaped the majority, but English (the real stuff not the American adulteration) is the lingua franca of modern Europe, just as Latin was in the past. If you want to reach most Europeans it is best done in English.

And the extreme right has always hid behind somebody's skirt when it came to face the music. All we can hope is that the leads the Norwegian police are getting are good enough to smoke some of them out.

Because most europeans speak english, but very few outside norway speaks norwegian?

Edited by Ranyhyn

It may have escaped the majority, but English (the real stuff not the American adulteration) is the lingua franca of modern Europe, just as Latin was in the past. If you want to reach most Europeans it is best done in English.

And the extreme right has always hid behind somebody's skirt when it came to face the music. All we can hope is that the leads the Norwegian police are getting are good enough to smoke some of them out.

Ok, I can buy the language argument, generally, but does someone really take this much care in formulating a plan, which will obviously HELP the very people he claims to despise?

Islamic extremists are so happy they can barely contain themselves, and if I were his jailor, I would be whispering this to him, to see what his reaction was.

Ok, so as proven by Hitler, Franco and Mussolini.

My point exactly. The far right don't have the monopoly on savage violence & i'd contend that the far left top the league.

Ok, I can buy the language argument, generally, but does someone really take this much care in formulating a plan, which will obviously HELP the very people he claims to despise?

Islamic extremists are so happy they can barely contain themselves, and if I were his jailor, I would be whispering this to him, to see what his reaction was.

People throwing racial/religious/philosophical superiority theories around generally don't think straight. Else they would use their time on something useful. But yes, at least in Europe the focus will shift from the Muslim nutters to the extreme right nutters now.

People throwing racial/religious/philosophical superiority theories around generally don't think straight. Else they would use their time on something useful. But yes, at least in Europe the focus will shift from the Muslim nutters to the extreme right nutters now.

And that's a good thing because..........?

And where do you think the next public outrage will come from?

And that's a good thing because..........?

And where do you think the next public outrage will come from?

That is a good thing because, as proven in Oslo, just keeping an eye on the Muslim nutters has left the left wing nutters and the right wing nutters unsupervised with tragic consequences as seen.

Edited by questionmark

Inevitably, people have rushed to analyse his motives, with the usual tired old bo**ocks about his religion, his politics, his interest in freemasonry, his TV habits and his gaming habits coming to the fore.None of these influences offer any kind of justification for what he did.

There is no point trying to ascertain his motives. Motives are for rational people. And there is no kind of rational thought involved in methodically chasing down more than seventy young people and shooting them to death. Since he was caught, he may well even profess motives and who knows, he may even believe them. They may even make a kind of "sense".

But the truth of the matter is that nothing this man can say can make any sense. You cannot ever explain or rationalise what he has done. Sometimes people just flip a mental switch and terrible things happen as a consequence. You can never predict something like this and you can never prevent it happening.

I don't buy that he was simply not thinking straight. He thought straight enough to carry out a complicated plan. He was thinking far ahead, but you're telling me he wasn't capable of calculating the political fall out?

Edited by Raptor Witness

This is a wake up call europe needs to act fast to curtail politicians like Geert Wilders. Geert Wilders should be held accountable for the attacks in Oslo as he espouses the killers views.

I don't buy that he was simply not thinking straight. He thought straight enough to carry out a complicated plan. He was thinking far ahead, but you're telling me he wasn't capable of calculating the political fall out?

Naturally they calculated something (because as it looks he had help), just nothing realistic. The result will rather be the thwarting of the extreme right that just had a renaissance all over Europe.

But I can see how this, combined with the collapse of the Euro, infighting within Europe and several other simultaneous attacks could have worked out. Just, sadly, sadly for the planners, the Euro did not collapse.

Extremists are extremists, whatever their religion, whatever their political view.

But this "hero" took the easy way out: dress up as a policeman, order youngsters on an isolated island to gather around him and listen, and then gun them all down.

If he had any real balls, he should have gone to Saudi Arabia, and try his 'luck' there.

Personally I am not very fond of muslims telling me my culture and my way of life is not ok or even perverse, but I only crack the noses of those who yell in the streets about it.

I was there, right after 9/11, when our most beloved minority went out in the streets and cheered.

I only asked one of them, "What is going on here?", and they told me to shut up or get kicked.

Heh, I made him shut up alright.

And then the rest of his friends fled to every corner, like cockroaches.

After that, the next day they all called me "Sir", lol, and "how are you doing?"

Do I hate muslims? No way.

I actually really love a Moroccan woman living a few floors up. She is nice and pretty, she helped me when I broke my hand, but she is too afraid to start anything with me because of her loving family (men).

+++

I have no respect at all for fundamentalists from whatever religion or political view trying to prove their point by killing defenceless people.

They have no balls.

You fight like a man, or you shut up or be a Woody Allen and fight with words/sarcasm. At least then we can have a laugh.

Edited by Abramelin

Its kinda funny (not in a ha-ha way) to see how two different countries (or maybe just fear-mongering news channels in this case and not the people) react to this tragic events in Norway.

As the Norwegians has the biggest gathering of people on the streets of Oslo since the end of WW2, not holding placards or signs howling for vengeance, blood, tightening security, more police, more laws etc.

There were just 100 000 - 150 000 people holding roses over their heads while listening to their Prime Minister proclaiming peace, more openness, more caring and forgiveness.

As this is the Norway I know of, I hope this will never change in any way.

RoseMarch_AP110725024134_540x388.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6uN5x-mSw

FOX-news on the other hand was dealing in fear-mongering as usual, and also, as usual, manage to turn this tragedy in to something American.>>>>

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1078346360001/us-security-response-to-norway-attacks/?playlist_id=86857

But not only FOX-news, MSNBC also managed to ride the wave of fear-mongering.

Its kinda funny (not in a ha-ha way) to see how two different countries (or maybe just fear-mongering news channels in this case and not the people) react to this tragic events in Norway.

As the Norwegians has the biggest gathering of people on the streets of Oslo since the end of WW2, not holding placards or signs howling for vengeance, blood, tightening security, more police, more laws etc.

There were just 100 000 - 150 000 people holding roses over their heads while listening to their Prime Minister proclaiming peace, more openness, more caring and forgiveness.

As this is the Norway I know of, I hope this will never change in any way.

RoseMarch_AP110725024134_540x388.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6uN5x-mSw

FOX-news on the other hand was dealing in fear-mongering as usual, and also, as usual, manage to turn this tragedy in to something American.>>>>

http://video.foxnews...aylist_id=86857

But not only FOX-news, MSNBC also managed to ride the wave of fear-mongering.

What did you expect?

Fox News is part of that News contubernium that uses fear and hatred to further the political visions of one man: Rupert Murdoch.

If you look at the totality of, lets say British xenophobes you will notice a great majority getting their news from one of his "fair and balanced" news outlets.

What did you expect?

Not much really.

Here is some imagery from the last days and a song that really gripped the Norwegians hearts.

Maria Mena: ‘Mitt Lille Land’

English translation…

My little country

A little place, a handful of peace

thrown out among mountain plateau and fjords

My little country

Where high mountains are planted

among houses, people and words

Where silence and dreams grow

Like an echo in barren earth

My little country

Where the sea pats mild and soft

like it’s caressing from coast to coast

My little country

Where stars glide by

and becomes landscapes when it gets lighter

while the night stands there – bleak and silent

My little country

A little place, a handful of peace

thrown out among mountain plateau and fjords

My little country

Where high mountains are planted

among houses, people and words

Where silence and dreams grow

Like an echo in barren earth

Norwegian lyrics….

Mitt lille land

Et lite sted, en håndfull fred

slengt ut blant vidder og fjord

Mitt lille land

Der høye fjell står plantet

mellom hus og mennesker og ord

Og der stillhet og drømmer gror

Som et ekko i karrig jord

Mitt lille land

Der havet stryker mildt og mykt

som kjærtegn fra kyst til kyst

Mitt lille land

Der stjerner glir forbi

og blir et landskap når det blir lyst

mens natten står blek og tyst

Mitt lille land

Et lite sted en håndfull fred

slengt ut blant vidder og fjord

Mitt lille land

Der høye fjell står plantet

mellom hus og mennesker og ord

Og der stillhet og drømmer gror

Som et ekko i karrig jord

I gotta say I can't abide Maria Mena. She sounds like a 9 year old girl with a severe cold. But I like the lyrics of this song absolutely, and remember it well from all the times I've heard it before.

One question though: Why would people mourn the dead to a song that's very nationalistic, when the killer thought of himself as a nationalist? Seems like an odd choice, but I guess that's just me. It could also represent that this is what Norway is to most of us, not a killing field for psychopaths, but a gentle little corner of peaceful tranquility in the north.

EDIT: oh look, Glenn Beck is comparing the AUF rally to Hitlerjugend. Yes thats right, the kids that were killed there are in his head comparable to the Hitlerjugend.

Source:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/25/nyheter/utenriks/usa/innenriks/politikk/17453053/

Edited by Ranyhyn

I gotta say I can't abide Maria Mena. She sounds like a 9 year old girl with a severe cold. But I like the lyrics of this song absolutely, and remember it well from all the times I've heard it before.

One question though: Why would people mourn the dead to a song that's very nationalistic, when the killer thought of himself as a nationalist? Seems like an odd choice, but I guess that's just me. It could also represent that this is what Norway is to most of us, not a killing field for psychopaths, but a gentle little corner of peaceful tranquility in the north.

EDIT: oh look, Glenn Beck is comparing the AUF rally to Hitlerjugend. Yes thats right, the kids that were killed there are in his head comparable to the Hitlerjugend.

Source:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/25/nyheter/utenriks/usa/innenriks/politikk/17453053/

I wish I could read that article, Glenn Beck is a fool.

I wish I could read that article, Glenn Beck is a fool.

Source translated (using google translate, so some words are gonna be a bit off.)

http://translate.google.no/translate?hl=no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dagbladet.no%2F2011%2F07%2F25%2Fnyheter%2Futenriks%2Fusa%2Finnenriks%2Fpolitikk%2F17453053%2F

Edited by Ranyhyn

Beck seems to have foot-in-mouth disease again, if that's what he said.

Beck seems to have foot-in-mouth disease again, if that's what he said.

He does not have the foot in mouth disease, he has the "I wish I could give my commentaries in a brown uniform" disease.

I'm sitting down and I am about to read the manifesto.

I'm sitting down and I am about to read the manifesto.

Don't let yourself be convinced by that maniac, it's easy to see how he's deluded himself considering the contents of that manifesto.