Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

questions regarding past-life or ?

katze

Hello all!

I'm new here, and am not sure if in the correct venue. However, I have a few questions, maybe someone can help with. I will try to make this brief and to the point.

Since I was 6 years old, I've known I was adopted - that is all I was told. However, since I was a youngster, I've had a strange-overwhelming feeling of not belonging in the USA,and for unknown reasons, have always felt a 'bond' with the cultures, peoples, customs, etc, of Germany. At the time, and up until 1 year ago, I've figured it was because my adoptive dad's family were from Germany. However, when charting our family tree, I asked him when his family emigrated to the USA from Germany. At this point he told me, his family is not from Germany, mine is. And with further research, it has been discovered that I was adopted from Germany to the USA, possibly illegally - a whole different topic :)

Although this explains why I had/have felt this connection and fascination. Yet, how did I know this at such a young age? My adoptive parents never shared anything to me about my adoption - nothing, heck, my adoptive mom does not even know what hospital I was born, or even if my birth date is correct.

Besides this, I had, at a young age, knowledge of things - things I feel no child nor adult should ever know of or experience. This coupled with the constant dreams, dreams that seem so real, that have occured for as long as I can remember. Mainly of me married to an ss officer, and when he is killed in the war, I commit suicide with his gun. This dream and variances thereof. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnny5alive

• home_at_last

• katze

• tinkerbellekisses

Well...I cannot be certain that past lives are real but I have read of another possible explanation for such memories.

It is claimed that memory is stored in every cell of our bodies and not just the brain, it has been postulated that memories can be passed on at a cellular level just as genetic traits can.

Perhaps someone in your family line had some sort of traumatic episode and the memory was basically imprinted and passed on though it is also possible that if this happened that the memories themselves may have deteriorated to some degree.

Just a thought really.

Well....:)

Thank you for your reply- I have heard of the possibilities of a 'memory' being passed in dna, however, I had initially thought this pertained to our instincts mainly, and not a physical memory. Interesting, and is something that needs a second look. Thanks again!

I have had similar dreams,in my younger years, dont remember my ages of the dreams but its been on my mind all my life. I can see my self as a ghost flying just above two people walking man and woman. I thought it was funny because no.one could see me. There was green grass, slightly rolling hills, trees full leaves looked like sycamore. It seem like it was in the south. I also have a nephew 46 ys. old who has also had reocurring dreams allhis life. He said he would be standing on a street corner in New Orleans, watching people ride past in buggys and surrys. He was in a confederate uniform.

I have had similar dreams,in my younger years, dont remember my ages of the dreams but its been on my mind all my life.

Hi Flashbelieve!

Thanks for the response! Some of the smallest details, I can recall - not just because it is recurring, but due to the almost realistic qualities; i.e eye color, scents, etc. Yet, I do not remember any identifiable detailing, name, etc.

maybe if you start practicing lucid dreaming you can look further into things next time you have the dream.

I believe that reincarnation is real. Your story inadvertantly asks the question that bugs me; do we stay within a certain gene pool, i.e. family? It would make sense to me. It would seem necessary for our souls to make that connection again, on a dna level. If I were you, I would research ss officers and their wives, see what you get.

I believe that reincarnation is real. Your story inadvertantly asks the question that bugs me; do we stay within a certain gene pool, i.e. family? It would make sense to me. It would seem necessary for our souls to make that connection again, on a dna level. If I were you, I would research ss officers and their wives, see what you get.

I'm not trying to come off as aggressive about this but I can say with about 85% certainty that we do not stay in the same family or even in the same species. I have been "reincarnated" more times than i wish to explain but from the lives that I can remember and connect with my soul is somewhere in the ball park of 10,000 to 30,000 years old. From what I can remember I wasn't even on this planet for a majority of my soul’s existence.

Hello all!

I'm new here, and am not sure if in the correct venue. However, I have a few questions, maybe someone can help with. I will try to make this brief and to the point.

Since I was 6 years old, I've known I was adopted - that is all I was told. However, since I was a youngster, I've had a strange-overwhelming feeling of not belonging in the USA,and for unknown reasons, have always felt a 'bond' with the cultures, peoples, customs, etc, of Germany. At the time, and up until 1 year ago, I've figured it was because my adoptive dad's family were from Germany. However, when charting our family tree, I asked him when his family emigrated to the USA from Germany. At this point he told me, his family is not from Germany, mine is. And with further research, it has been discovered that I was adopted from Germany to the USA, possibly illegally - a whole different topic :)

Although this explains why I had/have felt this connection and fascination. Yet, how did I know this at such a young age? My adoptive parents never shared anything to me about my adoption - nothing, heck, my adoptive mom does not even know what hospital I was born, or even if my birth date is correct.

Besides this, I had, at a young age, knowledge of things - things I feel no child nor adult should ever know of or experience. This coupled with the constant dreams, dreams that seem so real, that have occured for as long as I can remember. Mainly of me married to an ss officer, and when he is killed in the war, I commit suicide with his gun. This dream and variances thereof. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

It sounds like a real past life to me. Here's a forum for reincarnated Nazis and Holocaust victims (and others from the WWII era) that you may find helpful: Soul Reconciliations

soo all you dream about is beign maried to an oficer then comiting suacide? well i can relate to that because the 5 or so dreams i have remembered after they happened all involve me dying...nice eigh :hmm:

Edited by Darvoinic

I'm not trying to come off as aggressive about this but I can say with about 85% certainty that we do not stay in the same family or even in the same species. I have been "reincarnated" more times than i wish to explain but from the lives that I can remember and connect with my soul is somewhere in the ball park of 10,000 to 30,000 years old. From what I can remember I wasn't even on this planet for a majority of my soul’s existence.

Nope, not taken aggressively. Actually I've wondered about this myself, and here's why. This assumes that reincarnation is functionally part of the cycle of life. With the population growth this planet has seen in the recent couple of hundred years, where did all of these new souls suddenly come from? Surely it would take a loooooong time for a soul to evolve from a lesser animal to a human, longer than two hundred years.

Nope, not taken aggressively. Actually I've wondered about this myself, and here's why. This assumes that reincarnation is functionally part of the cycle of life. With the population growth this planet has seen in the recent couple of hundred years, where did all of these new souls suddenly come from? Surely it would take a loooooong time for a soul to evolve from a lesser animal to a human, longer than two hundred years.

One theory goes that lives used to be much further apart, and people reincarnate much more quickly now because there's more bodies that need to be "filled." Another is that new souls are being created all the time (according to Michael Newton, new souls generally are more concerned with how beautiful they're going to look in their next life and tend to be playboys or playgirls. I think everyone knows certain people like that. Generally the opposite we'd think of when we hear "oh, he's an old soul." If you read Newton, you'll find he was a former atheist and tries to find out things with scientific rigor.) Another theory is that some souls originated on other planets.

One theory goes that lives used to be much further apart, and people reincarnate much more quickly now because there's more bodies that need to be "filled." Another is that new souls are being created all the time (according to Michael Newton, new souls generally are more concerned with how beautiful they're going to look in their next life and tend to be playboys or playgirls. I think everyone knows certain people like that. Generally the opposite we'd think of when we hear "oh, he's an old soul." If you read Newton, you'll find he was a former atheist and tries to find out things with scientific rigor.) Another theory is that some souls originated on other planets.

Wow! I just read half of the first page about Michael Newton, and all I can say is I have goose bumps right now! In other words, I think I'll read more about him!

Wow! I just read half of the first page about Michael Newton, and all I can say is I have goose bumps right now! In other words, I think I'll read more about him!

What gave me the goose bumps is when Newton talks about clusters of souls that sort of stay together and help eachother out between lives. I had a string of vivid dreams years back, which I keep to myself generally because I feel as though they were very important, but in them, I met with someone who told me he and I were friends of exactly this nature.

What gave me the goose bumps is when Newton talks about clusters of souls that sort of stay together and help eachother out between lives. I had a string of vivid dreams years back, which I keep to myself generally because I feel as though they were very important, but in them, I met with someone who told me he and I were friends of exactly this nature.

Yeah, I know the "goosebumps" feeling when I first read about this sort of thing (it was on an entirely different board). Something akin to, "Oh my God, this is actually what happens..." Secrets-of-the-universe-n-all-that. :P

Yeah, I know the "goosebumps" feeling when I first read about this sort of thing (it was on an entirely different board). Something akin to, "Oh my God, this is actually what happens..." Secrets-of-the-universe-n-all-that. :P

I've just finished reading Journey of Souls, and I wanted to thank you for pointing me in his direction. While there are some things in the book that I have trouble with, especially soul-splitting and parallel lives, the rest falls perfectly into how I believe things may be. I've also come away with answers to questions that I could never quite answer for myself; understanding reincarnation and the nature of souls has been a pet project of mine for awhile now, and I could never get past understanding what we would look like after death. Would we be in the image of our most recent body? I thought it would have to be. But reading this book has allowed me to see this topic from just the right angle somehow that now it makes sense to me.

I've just finished reading Journey of Souls, and I wanted to thank you for pointing me in his direction. While there are some things in the book that I have trouble with, especially soul-splitting and parallel lives, the rest falls perfectly into how I believe things may be. I've also come away with answers to questions that I could never quite answer for myself; understanding reincarnation and the nature of souls has been a pet project of mine for awhile now, and I could never get past understanding what we would look like after death. Would we be in the image of our most recent body? I thought it would have to be. But reading this book has allowed me to see this topic from just the right angle somehow that now it makes sense to me.

You're most welcome. I'm glad I heard about it too. It's weird how the concepts of past life regression, children remembering past lives randomly (and Ian Stevenson's scientific study of them), life-between-lives as described by Newton, near-death experiences, out-of-body experiences, and psychic phenomena all sort of "fit" together. Sort of an "it all makes sense now" kind of epiphany- the merging of science and spirituality. Now whenever I hear someone say, "Well, we don't really know what happens to us after we die" (and I used to be one of those people), I can say, "Well, actually..." :tu:

I haven't "seen" a past life for myself yet (not that I know of for sure, anyway), but I'd like to someday.

You're most welcome. I'm glad I heard about it too. It's weird how the concepts of past life regression, children remembering past lives randomly (and Ian Stevenson's scientific study of them), life-between-lives as described by Newton, near-death experiences, out-of-body experiences, and psychic phenomena all sort of "fit" together. Sort of an "it all makes sense now" kind of epiphany- the merging of science and spirituality. Now whenever I hear someone say, "Well, we don't really know what happens to us after we die" (and I used to be one of those people), I can say, "Well, actually..." :tu:

I haven't "seen" a past life for myself yet (not that I know of for sure, anyway), but I'd like to someday.

A few years ago, as I mentioned a few replies ago, I awoke in a trance like state, which happens to me from time time( I've posted about my dreamstate happenings in the dreams and conciousness thread)and I believe I was shown snippets of past lives. The few that I saw( they were shown to me on a screen that I focused on, sound familiar?!) all ended early and violently. I was left with the impression that I always seem to get killed early on somehow, by being set up inadvertently, wrongfully imprisoned and executed, and even thrown under a bus! Its ok to laugh, I did too.

A few years ago, as I mentioned a few replies ago, I awoke in a trance like state, which happens to me from time time( I've posted about my dreamstate happenings in the dreams and conciousness thread)and I believe I was shown snippets of past lives. The few that I saw( they were shown to me on a screen that I focused on, sound familiar?!) all ended early and violently. I was left with the impression that I always seem to get killed early on somehow, by being set up inadvertently, wrongfully imprisoned and executed, and even thrown under a bus! Its ok to laugh, I did too.

However, I'm not fully convinced of these lives, since I did not do the remembering myself, they were shown to me. But, I did have the overwhelming sense that the experience was significant(watching the screen) and actually happening. The lives as shown to me do fit with my current disposition and temperament though; ever since I can remember I've had the strong desire to grow old.

• 6 months later...

I'd have very good experience with regression to past lives. I've had few sessions with a Hypnotherapist here in London.

At the beginning I didn't know what to think, but having had it few times, I know believe we have lived before. I can tell you I saw myself living numerous lives in different times. Having different jobs, being man, woman. My lives: 1) just before this present life, I lived in Holland, I was wearing hippy clothing (it was the 60's), I was a photographer and died drown. 2) man, living in London, 1752 approx, wearing white wig, worked in a newspaper printing press 3) man, soldier in France, cover with metal armour, carring a heavy spade in a battle field, lots of dead men, sweet blood smell 4) english young man, but living in the south of France, played the hapsichord, married the woman that is my wife today 5) woman, time, not sure, old times, housewife in one of the soviet union countries. Really fascinating stuff.

That hypnotherapist doesn't charge much I have to tell you. Have skype, otherwise can guide you over the phone. I know she is building website her name Isabel Hunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Your Story Is So Very Interesting :)

I Would Recommend You Read Those Books: "Journey Of Souls" And "Destiny Of Souls" By Michael Newton .. He Is A Past Life Regressionist .. I've Just Finished Reading The Books Myself And I Absolutely Loved Them Coz Everything He And His Case Studies Show And Tell Makes So Much Sense ..

In Fact, After Reading The Books I Started Looking Where I Could Find A Past Life Regressionist Because I Have Some Questions About My Past Life That Need To Be Answered .. And Soon Enough My Friend Found A Woman Who Was Michael Newton's Student .. She Phoned Her And She Works With Patients .. The Price Is Reasonable So I Have Seriously Started Considering Of Making An Appointment .. However,I Must Confess, The Only Thing That Is Holding Me Back Is Fear .. I Think I Know The Settings Of My Previous Life And I Am A Little Scared Of Her Confirming It To Me ..

If I Decide To Do It In The Near Future, I'll Let You Know :D

AS soon as I read that you thought you were of German Descent I had a hit that you lived during that time in history. I believe it may be a real past life. One way you can tell if it's a past life recollection is that the feelings and emotions are very very real. You're the only one who would know if it felt real or not. When I have these dreams I would feel real feelings and emotions. I would experience deep love and real fear. It's how I remember them so vividly.