Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amy Winehouse found dead

Persia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~TheBigK~

• hetrodoxly

• __Kratos__

• Space Commander Travis

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London home, Sky News reports

Grammy Award winner was 27, had checked out of treatment center month ago

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43866337

:(

****...Another '27 Club' celebrity...

OH MY GOD! I am really shocked! I saw this in one of the blogs that I follow at Tumblr. Wow.

Edit:

Fox News Article, MSN Article, & Yahoo! News article.

Just to share the other news links.

Edited by Princess Serenity

There's no known cause of death yet, though she's well-known for drug and alcohol abuse.

Always sad when someone dies young, even if it does turn out to be self-inflicted.

No shocker here. You throw the dice to many times and you will eventually crap out.

I have to say I saw that coming, but I'm still shocked. She was no doubt a great musician, and it's a shame she only managed to record 2 albums.

:(

oh well the world keeps spinning.

Sad but not suprising

This is so weird. I just watched a special on youtube about curses and they were talking about the 27 curse. They mentioned her by name saying that if she wasn't careful, she'd be joining the ranks. Kinda prophetic.

Edited by heavenlyextraterrestrial

This is so weird. I just watched a special on youtube about curses and they were talking about the 27 curse. They mentioned her by name saying that if she wasn't careful, she'd be joining the ranks. Kinda prophetic.

Not really. All you had to do was look at her lifestyle and it was plain as day what was coming.

I thought she would have died before now. She did well to last this long. Drugs are bad mmmmmkay....

There's no known cause of death yet, though she's well-known for drug and alcohol abuse.

Always sad when someone dies young, even if it does turn out to be self-inflicted.

So true. Poor girl, let'd hope she can rest in peace.

There was a radio programme about this same subject covering famous musicians that died at the age of 27...so I think it may be the same thing you are referring to. It's a really weird thing and now Amy has now joined the ranks. Rest in peace Amy.

I was shocked that so many people said they were shocked.

I am shocked that you are shocked.

It's all rather shocking.

I am shocked that you are shocked.

It's all rather shocking.

I'm shocked at how many "poor girl" comments there are.. when we all know that if it was just some random non famous person who did as much drugs and alcohol as she, most the comments would be "Well if they didn't do all those drugs.." and life moves on.

Granted, I'm not a fan of her's or her "music".

Shocking !? No, but she was still a very talented girl. Sadly she had a lot of demons and they got the best of her. Too bad, she was a very good songwriter.

RIP

I'm shocked at how many "poor girl" comments there are.. when we all know that if it was just some random non famous person who did as much drugs and alcohol as she, most the comments would be "Well if they didn't do all those drugs.." and life moves on.

Very good point. I certainly don't think she deserves more pity than some random person in my town. Granted, I find addiction sad regardless of the person/people it affects, but there does come a point where death because of it is inevitable.

Very good point. I certainly don't think she deserves more pity than some random person in my town. Granted, I find addiction sad regardless of the person/people it affects, but there does come a point where death because of it is inevitable.

I found this relevant.. X)

2WHyO.png

The article I read said she had pulled out of all obligations and appearances that morning, in order to focus on rehabilitation. Then she turned up dead hours later.

I wish I could say I was surprised. Her managers acted too slowly and not aggressively enough.