Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Army plans to turn soldiers into telepaths

Still Waters

The U.S. Army wants to allow soldiers to communicate just by thinking. 
The new science of synthetic telepathy could soon make that happen.

On a cold, blustery afternoon the week before Halloween, an assortment of spiritual mediums, animal communicators, and astrologists have set up tables in the concourse beneath the Empire State Plaza in Albany, New York.The cavernous hall of shops that 
connects the buildings in this 98-acre complex is a popular venue for autumnal events: Oktoberfest, the Maple Harvest Festival, and today’s “Mystic Fair.

Traffic is heavy as bureaucrats with ID badges dangling from their necks stroll by during their lunch breaks. Next to the Albany Paranormal Research Society table, a middle-aged woman is solemnly explaining the workings of an electromagnetic sensor that can, she asserts, detect the presence of ghosts. Nearby, a “clairvoyant” ushers a government worker in a suit into her canvas tent. A line has formed at the table of a popular tarot card reader.

Amid all the bustle and transparent hustles, few of the dabblers at the Mystic Fair are aware that there is a genuine mind reader in the building, sitting in an office several floors below the concourse. This mind reader is not able to pluck a childhood memory or the name of a loved one out of your head, at least not yet. But give him time. He is applying hard science to an aspiration that was once relegated to clairvoyants, and unlike his predecessors, he can point to some hard results.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ravinar

• War-Junkie

• Paracelse

• psychoticmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting article! Almost seems like something out of a book! Curious to see where they go with it.

Thanks SW!

warrior.jpg

Why would you need code words? If it is a closed loop system, just use the other guys name.

I don't know why they would call it Synthetic Telepathy. If it works, it would be the ONLY telepathy.

once you make it wireless than its not a closed system anymore.

well these guys better control their thoughts then, cause there deepest secrets may be over heard!! and couldn't this get confusing? like what if you have multiple people trying to tell you something at once? i don't think this tech would work out to well unless it only picked up certain words or code words.

Even on small scale operations.. make sure they are trained to even control their thoughts.. Or thinking of the wrong thing at the wrong time will mess up a lot :P

sounds like a good place to start trimming the federal budget. I'd rather the money be spent on decent base housing. You know, something useful.

They would probably have to practice meditation to learn how to control their thoughts. Imagine someone with OCD with the cap on ><

I agree with Tyr the Warrior that it will probably be for special operations.

In my opinion, this would be used for very specialized teams on ATS missions. In which case these men would already be masters of controlling their thoughts.

from my understanding they only intend to use the part of the brain that controls speech. so i think as long as people have at least enough control not to think out a full word or sentence they should be fine. so its not like your deepest thoughts and feelings will be communicated to any one. but still an amazing technology none the less and yet again whats the first application for it? yep its gonna be used so we can better kill each other with it. <_<

What's wrong with a radio? Better yet what's wrong with speaking?

Ugh, why am I acting like this is even possible?

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

Even on small scale operations.. make sure they are trained to even control their thoughts.. Or thinking of the wrong thing at the wrong time will mess up a lot :P

Maybe this will end up turning us into the borg. One collective one mind :unsure2:

Soldiers capable of thought....Hmmmmm, that's a good one. If they had the ability to think....would they be soldiers? This truly frightens me, as I had good friends come back from the military, minus any morality or ability to think for themselves as they did before thier brains were screwed up by the military. "Soldiering" (as Einstein) so eloquently pointed out, is just a way to commit murder legally. We need to spend those "Trillions" that are bankrupting our country...on ways to improve the world, not destroy it. A global insanity is what war is....nothing more. It is a racket, a way for the Military Industrial Complex to rake in those Trillions of dollars while bankrupting us, killing and maiming our children and creating hate for America around the globe. What comes around goes around....some day it "will" all catch up to us. Thank God I am old and may not see it. Have a nice day everyone.

Money much better spent elsewhere. And we wonder why we have a trillion dollar debt. Give me a break.

It's like giving your ten year old a hundred bucks in the dollar store and saying, be sure to spend all of this. Never know what you are going to get for your money.

Money much better spent elsewhere. And we wonder why we have a trillion dollar debt. Give me a break.

It's like giving your ten year old a hundred bucks in the dollar store and saying, be sure to spend all of this. Never know what you are going to get for your money.

Science is NEVER a bad investment and FYI we are in debt because of "less government, less regulation". this is a great technology they are pursuing. the only problem with it is its intended use. we need to use are technology to help solve the problems of the world and make it a better place for every one. we don't need to be using it in order to find ways to better kill each other! we do that well enough already.