Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Hat Man/Ghost/Demon

SapphireKiss

So my fiance has been followed by this demon since he was in 7th grade and it has now resurfaced to play a more active role in our lives. My fiance has always called this thing "Top Hat"...but he has never seen it himself. All he can do is feel it. Some stories about the Top Hat Man seem to be somewhat peaceful stories while others are slightly more unsettling.

I can see, sense, and talk to demons and spirits and know that this thing is a demon or Satan himself. For years I have talked with both good and bad spirits so I sort of know what I am doing. I just never encountered a demon that has attached itself to someone so close to me.

Both my soon to be sister-in-law and I have talked to it as well as seen it. For me it is just a shadow on the wall or a 3-D haze...I don't know how she sees it because she'd rather not speak of how it looks. Yet we both heard it as we sat in the living room today-it seems to stay in the common areas of our apartment-it doesn't go to any of the personal bedrooms. (We live with his family.) It's touched certain objects that belong either to my fiance or I...my cat started randomly attacking her favorite sleeping spot like she was trying to kill whatever she saw. I had to pull her away from the area because she wouldn't listen to me when I called her away. It scared me because my sis-in-law immediately said afterwards that it was trying to make her go insane so she could no longer protect me.

It keeps showing me in my head how it can kill me or my cat or my fiance-it has also threatened to rape me. Every time I start saying a Catholic prayer it cringes and snarls. It can't go into my fiance's brother and sister-in-law's room because it has been blessed with holy water. My cat is afraid of it but she stays by me to protect me-she is only 2 months old. This thing is actually afraid of my fiance's brother, sisters, and his mom...like the blood bond is too strong for it. It hates me because I bring happiness to my fiance and his life-I pose a threat to it's hold on my fiance. It also hates anyone who can see, sense, or talk to it-like it wants to remain invisible.

I want to get rid of this thing...but how?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markprice

• OrdinaryClay

• xyroblaze

• Cybele

If it can't enter the rooms blessed with Holy water and it cringes when you pray i suggest maybe contacting a priest. He might be able to perform some sort of exorcism or blessing on your fiance or be able to suggest someone who can help.. Just don't let it get the better of you or your relationship.

If it can't enter the rooms blessed with Holy water and it cringes when you pray i suggest maybe contacting a priest. He might be able to perform some sort of exorcism or blessing on your fiance or be able to suggest someone who can help.. Just don't let it get the better of you or your relationship.

I was brought up Catholic and I was taught that exorcisms were for people or things that were possessed-not for a simple demon following...so maybe it would make things worse? My plan today is to get Holy Water and maybe have my fiance blessed.

I want to get rid of this thing...but how?[/left]

Simple: stop believing in it. People can hype themselves up if they believe in something strongly enough and create experiences in their minds (like the visions you describe) to conform with their beliefs. Stop looking for it and try to forget about it, and that will most likely solve your problem.

Edited by Cybele

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you just tell someone else that you were an authoraty on demons and the such? Not two minutes ago you were giving advise to a young woman who was concerned about a black figure in her house and the scatches she was recieveing from them. You said that you, your brother and another family member I can't remember if it was mother father grandmother what ever. So if your family knows how to deal with spirits why don't you ask them to help you? Or is this just a fishing trip?

Rocketgirl B)

Simple: stop believing in it. People can hype themselves up if they believe in something strongly enough and create experiences in their minds (like the visions you describe) to conform with their beliefs. Stop looking for it and try to forget about it, and that will most likely solve your problem.

I just want to say that that is the best advice I have seen in a long time! "If you don't believe in it it can't hurt you" no truer words have been spoken. By the way, I absolutely HATE your avatar! I am so afraid of spiders that when I read your posts I have to cover your avatar with a post it note!! It creeps me out every time I see it! How funny, I can't even look at picture of the little nasties!

Rocketgirl B)

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you just tell someone else that you were an authority on demons and the such? Not two minutes ago you were giving advise to a young woman who was concerned about a black figure in her house and the scratches she was recieveing from them. You said that you, your brother and another family member I can't remember if it was mother, father, grandmother, what ever. So if your family knows how to deal with spirits why don't you ask them to help you? Or is this just a fishing trip?

Rocketgirl B)

Since this thing hates me then technically I am too close to the source to actually help with the issue. I would do more bad than good. Kind of like they take a detective off a case if he/she knows someone involved in the crime. It's easier to deal with things when you can see everything clearly...and I believe I did state that I never dealt with a demon that attached itself to someone I am so close to so wouldn't that answer your question all by itself? I know there are other people who have more experience with these things and might have more advice than just to hang around and start asking stupid questions.

Plus, my mom is hard-core Catholic, and to be honest I am trying to figure out which baby steps to take first before I work in a priest if needed...even then that will be dangerous.

And pretending it doesn't exist is kind of retarded. Would you pretend a great white shark doesn't exist as it is about to take a chunk out of your body? No you wouldn't. Some things you can't ignore. Not everything is in the mind. And to try and change my mind when I know what is going on better than you do is kind of jumping to conclusions. "Who was there sarge, you or me?"

*Snip*

Please read UM Rules of Posting.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other member

5a. Personal attacks: Attack the point being presented, not the person who is making it.

5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.

5c. Personal scrutiny: Do not attack or scrutinise another member's intelligence, mental status or personal/educational background.

Karlis -- moderator team member

Edited by Karlis

Since this thing hates me then technically I am too close to the source to actually help with the issue. I would do more bad than good. Kind of like they take a detective off a case if he/she knows someone involved in the crime. It's easier to deal with things when you can see everything clearly...and I believe I did state that I never dealt with a demon that attached itself to someone I am so close to so wouldn't that answer your question all by itself? I know there are other people who have more experience with these things and might have more advice than just to hang around and start asking stupid questions.

Plus, my mom is hard-core Catholic, and to be honest I am trying to figure out which baby steps to take first before I work in a priest if needed...even then that will be dangerous.

And pretending it doesn't exist is kind of retarded. Would you pretend a great white shark doesn't exist as it is about to take a chunk out of your body? No you wouldn't. Some things you can't ignore. Not everything is in the mind. And to try and change my mind when I know what is going on better than you do is kind of jumping to conclusions. "Who was there sarge, you or me?"

Welcome to UM. I like what you said about the shark and the mind.

Edited by Karlis

Would you pretend a great white shark doesn't exist as it is about to take a chunk out of your body? No you wouldn't.

Sharks don't get stronger by feeding off of your fear and attention.

Edited by Cybele

Thanks markprice!

And Rocketgirl-imagine mood swings worse than when your on your period-but all the time. The past few days that is how I have been due to nightmares and such this demon has given me. So yeah I might just get p***ed off easier than normal and b**ch a bit more. And I'm not too keen on people asking me questions to answer mine. Unless you have a valid question like "when did this start?" or "who all is being affected by this?" I get annoyed.

And true they would send me to a shrink-which of course is not the issue.

And sharks can smell fear...all animals can.

Sometimes if you ignore them they can become more of a nuisance-kind of like the kid on the playground that everyone tried to stay away from because they were like the plague with how they acted. Basically what I've been told is you have to gauge which way the demon will act...again it is dangerous. I'm trying to go with the least painful way-so I guess I can restate my final question in my post as-which way will get this demon out of our lives without hurting anyone except the demon less than 2 months before my wedding?

:(

And I'm not too keen on people asking me questions to answer mine. Unless you have a valid question like "when did this start?" or "who all is being affected by this?" I get annoyed.

First of all Welcome to UM.

You've posted about your fiance's experiences in here asking for help from other members, but you don't like it when in return they ask you more questions? It doesn't work that way I'm afraid, this is a discussion forum and you can't expect to get advice off anyone from just your opening post alone. Sometimes questions need to be asked so more info. can be gathered in order for anyone to help you.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Good luck, and all the best for your upcoming wedding :)

Edited by Still Waters
spelling!

If you get married by a priest he will say something like let nothing interfere with the bond of holy matrimony...and if holy water keeps it out of a room then maybe a good priest will keep it out of your lives. What if a marriage worked sort of like an exorcism?

Okay, that might be wishful thinking if you are dealing with a devil, not just your average demon. Devils have this all figured out already because they exist beyond time and space; within that context there is personal choice or a devil would not be interested.

You can't really push a devil around like some priest in Rome doing a quick exorcism of a demon. Your fiancee has to know on some level why he was chosen. That's the answer imo. Sorry if that doesn't help much.

Thanks markprice!

And Rocketgirl-imagine mood swings worse than when your on your period-but all the time. The past few days that is how I have been due to nightmares and such this demon has given me. So yeah I might just get p***ed off easier than normal and b**ch a bit more. And I'm not too keen on people asking me questions to answer mine. Unless you have a valid question like "when did this start?" or "who all is being affected by this?" I get annoyed.

And true they would send me to a shrink-which of course is not the issue.

And sharks can smell fear...all animals can.

Sometimes if you ignore them they can become more of a nuisance-kind of like the kid on the playground that everyone tried to stay away from because they were like the plague with how they acted. Basically what I've been told is you have to gauge which way the demon will act...again it is dangerous. I'm trying to go with the least painful way-so I guess I can restate my final question in my post as-which way will get this demon out of our lives without hurting anyone except the demon less than 2 months before my wedding?

:(

First off, I don't believe in demons. Demons are created by your own mind. I love sharks and EVERYONE knows they exist. I believe there are ghosts, not demons, and these ghosts are a lot like us. Some are sad, some are happy and some are real a-holes. They treat us how we expect them to and when we do not stand up to them they just keep on bullying us. Like the nasty girl at school who just won't let up until you pop her in the mouth. Demons do not exist, they are what you make them out to be. As for your advice to someone eles. That did rub me the wrong way. You can't tell her to "get ahold of you right away" because your family knows so much about demons, and then come on with almost the same exact problem asking for advise from others. I was a cop for many years. If some one came on here and said that her husband beat her up and what should she do. I would not tell her that I know all about that because I was a cop, and tell her to pm me so I could help. And then create another thread with exactly the same problem. It really looked like you are trying to give advise to someone by getting the answers from others.

If your family deals with this sort of thing then you should be looking for the answers from them first. If I was having my first baby, I wouldn't ask strangers how it feels to give birth, I would ask my mom whom I know. The catholic church is the only ones who exorcise demons anymore anyway arn't they? So I guess what I am saying is, maybe you shouldn't give advice to someone if you can't fix your own problem. I don't care how mad it makes you, heck I am an old gal, it takes more than a young lady with a key board to p*** me off anymore! My granny always told me, "Rach, sweep your own back porch before you start bit**ing about your neighbors." Good advise.....

Rocketgirl B)

Edited by Rocketgirl33

Hi, dont like the sound of what you goin through.

I also was raised catholic and im certain a catholic priest can bless your home and bless each person.

Hope this can help in some way.

First off, I don't believe in demons. Demons are created by your own mind. I love sharks and EVERYONE knows they exist. I believe there are ghosts, not demons, and these ghosts are a lot like us. Some are sad, some are happy and some are real a-holes. They treat us how we expect them to and when we do not stand up to them they just keep on bullying us. Like the nasty girl at school who just won't let up until you pop her in the mouth. Demons do not exist, they are what you make them out to be. Rocketgirl B)

You believe in ghosts but have never encountered an actual demon or devil. Unless that encounter happens you can always think whatever you want and it wont make a difference. That would be like believing sharks are nice and if one was ever mean you could always punch it in the nose (which can work but is very risky) while never having seen the ocean in your life--metaphorically.

I believe in ghosts/spirits/entities so i assume they can be good and evil the same as people.

I havent seen or experienced ghosts or paranormal phenomena.

But that doesnt stop me from believing in them.

After all, ive never (to my knowledge) seen god or jesus, but i do believe in them also.

After reading about some of the terrible things which are happening to many people on these forums, i wouldnt really want to see a ghost, or go through a paranormal experience either.

Okay, that might be wishful thinking if you are dealing with a devil, not just your average demon. Devils have this all figured out already because they exist beyond time and space; within that context there is personal choice or a devil would not be interested.

Well, it looks like the OP may not be coming back, so I might as well ask...

Where on earth do you get this stuff? I've been interested in and researching aspects of the occult for years and I've never heard anyone make a distinction between "devils" (unless you're talking about "the devil") and "demons"--not from a paranormal, occult or theological perspective.

The only exception to this is roleplaying games. :lol:

Edited by Cybele

You believe in ghosts but have never encountered an actual demon or devil. Unless that encounter happens you can always think whatever you want and it wont make a difference. That would be like believing sharks are nice and if one was ever mean you could always punch it in the nose (which can work but is very risky) while never having seen the ocean in your life--metaphorically.

There is a world of difference between a shark and a ghost or demon. Sharks can be found in the ocean, in documentries, books, on fishing trips, Sea World,the only pictures of demons I have ever seen were just paintings or simple drawings. Sharks are real solid living beings. Have you ever studied the feeding habits of demons in your science class in school? No? I do believe in ghosts and this is why I believe in ghosts and not demons.

First of all I don't believe in the Bible, Jesus, God, Satan or his demons or gods angles. The bible is only believed by those who have faith in it. They have never seen god or his angels so why do they see demons and devils? Do you think demons are real because you think god is real? I don't believe in Satan or his demons simply because I don't believe in god or the bible. I do believe in life after death and that we move on and maybe reborn in another human body or move on to ? who knows where. I believe that there are good and bad in all things. Look at nature. There are good and bad all over nature. When the lion eats the baby yak before it makes its first steps, is that satan killing the new baby? When a mother monkey eats her own baby, did satan make her do it? I saw a hyena eating a little baby zebra while it was still alive, was that satan or his demons directing the hyena? So when a human mother kills her new born child and says the devil made her do it, what is the first think they do? Mental Health Check Up! Because the law doesn't believe in demons or satan either!

Nature is just as violent as humans are but when it happens to us its because of satan or his demons. How can a god of love let millions of mothers and children suffer and die of starvation and thirst in one of the most horrible droughts of all time? God of love? Sounds more like satan to me. More people have died in the name of religion that any other thing or disease. Who wants gods like that? Those are the gods that have santan's and demons. All created by man. Only man is so evil as to create such a god as this. If you have demons harrasing you, you have a problem in your own mind. Brain illness or what ever, but not a demon. I have seen sharks, saw one on the news the other night. I can't say I have ever seen a demon on the news or at Ocean World. So the differnce is, sharks are real, demons are a figment of ones mind.

Rocketgirl B)

Well, it looks like the OP may not be coming back, so I might as well ask...Where on earth do you get this stuff? I've been interested in and researching aspects of the occult for years and I've never heard anyone make a distinction between "devils" (unless you're talking about "the devil") and "demons"--not from a paranormal, occult  or theological perspective. The only exception to this is roleplaying games.  :lol:

Mostly from experience and talking to others with some experience. One person said a demon can be an unintelligent hissing ball of nastiness made out of busted human souls. And there are some really stupid demons, but a Devil is nothing like that--their intelligence is almost beyond all human comprehension. And there is not just one devil as many seem to believe. Within hell they form a brutal hierarchy with demons at the bottom, or actually since it is all inverted Satan would be at the bottom and control everything from there. But he doesn't get out much, so there are others in control. I went through the whole thing from the top to the bottom and back over the course of about 36 years. Not a quick tour like Dante. In fact, I'm still not aware of anyone who has been through what I survived, so I wrote a book about it to see if anyone could understand. No luck so far.

There is a world of difference between a shark and a ghost or demon. Sharks can be found in the ocean, in documentries, books, on fishing trips, Sea World,the only pictures of demons I have ever seen were just paintings or simple drawings. Sharks are real solid living beings. Have you ever studied the feeding habits of demons in your science class in school? No? I do believe in ghosts and this is why I believe in ghosts and not demons.

I did touch a devil(high level demon) once, and it was definitely not a ghost.

First of all I don't believe in the Bible, Jesus, God, Satan or his demons or gods angles. The bible is only believed by those who have faith in it. They have never seen god or his angels so why do they see demons and devils? Do you think demons are real because you think god is real? I don't believe in Satan or his demons simply because I don't believe in god or the bible. I do believe in life after death and that we move on and maybe reborn in another human body or move on to ? who knows where. I believe that there are good and bad in all things. Look at nature. There are good and bad all over nature. When the lion eats the baby yak before it makes its first steps, is that satan killing the new baby? When a mother monkey eats her own baby, did satan make her do it? I saw a hyena eating a little baby zebra while it was still alive, was that satan or his demons directing the hyena? So when a human mother kills her new born child and says the devil made her do it, what is the first think they do? Mental Health Check Up! Because the law doesn't believe in demons or satan either!

There is no evil in nature, only good and bad; the opposite of evil is divine, not good. If you bit into a rotten apple you would say that is a bad apple, not an evil apple. Funnily enough I do see God. I really thought that was more common in people but I seem to have overestimated the human population ever since I was a child. It's all just a matter of second sight--animals have it naturally. So why are people blind? Good question imo.

Nature is just as violent as humans are but when it happens to us its because of satan or his demons. How can a god of love let millions of mothers and children suffer and die of starvation and thirst in one of the most horrible droughts of all time? God of love? Sounds more like satan to me. More people have died in the name of religion that any other thing or disease. Who wants gods like that? Those are the gods that have santan's and demons. All created by man. Only man is so evil as to create such a god as this. If you have demons harrasing you, you have a problem in your own mind. Brain illness or what ever, but not a demon. I have seen sharks, saw one on the news the other night. I can't say I have ever seen a demon on the news or at Ocean World. So the differnce is, sharks are real, demons are a figment of ones mind.

Rocketgirl B)

No, people can be truly evil. If the source of evil is in hell and its agents are demons and devils, then why let them off the hook when they are responsible for INFLUENCE. People choose evil all the time and it has consequences. Yes God does appear to be guilty or at the very least passive in the face of evil--letting children starve etc.. Demons are not physical so you wont see them on the news, only results of an evil influence. Does the mind have a limit where you can tell what is within or without it? The ALL is mind. That is the greatest of all occult truths. What Jung determined conclusively is that there is a collective mind that reacts to independent beings, like demons. If we were at one of those old time table turnings where ten people reacted to the same entity at the same time, then whose mind was that entity in? There are countless examples of that kind of thing throughout all of history, even before the modern religions.

I've been interested in and researching aspects of the occult for years ...

Why? Do you believe the supernatural exists?

Why? Do you believe the supernatural exists?

To see if it did exist, and because I find it interesting. I've never seen evidence--well, not strong evidence--to suggest that it does, but I still like reading about it for the same reason people can be interested in the horror genre without believing in zombies, etc.

I don't really believe in the supernatural, but the occult and esoteric philosophy deals with a lot more than the supernatural--some systems can even be atheistic. They can provide one with a knowledge base and powerful tools to help develop creativity, self-expression, and self-exploration in a way and with an intense focus and potency that I don't really think can be found elsewhere.

Edited by Cybele

And pretending it doesn't exist is kind of retarded. Would you pretend a great white shark doesn't exist as it is about to take a chunk out of your body?

You can show that wound to anyone, also professionals who in this case are marine biologists and doctors :) If shark bites chunk out of you you can show it and maybe how the wound looks like they can narrow down what kind of shark attacked you. With paranormal can you do that?

Didn't you say in another thread you saw things under your bed?

Yes I did see something under my bed. And just yesterday it happened again. I did NOT say it was a demon. No, I don't believe in demons, they are just a man made scarry for scaring people back to a god that in turn does not exist.

Rocketgirl B)