Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Hat Man/Ghost/Demon

SapphireKiss

oh and william craig lane winning in a debate doesnt prove anything, because in the end you dont have to be right to win an argument, you just have to be good at arguing

Edited by xyroblaze

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markprice

• OrdinaryClay

• xyroblaze

• Cybele

This is only my opinion, but i firmly believe many wars have been fought, due to religion and religious beliefs in one way or another

There is no such thing as Good and Evil, they are just words used to rationalize our behaviour. We call murderers Evil because it is a way of making them seem less human and as a way to explain there actions as we generally don't like to admit we are all capable of doing what we term Good and Evil things.

Using the terms Good and Evil also act as a way of controlling people to an extent, such as in wars where both sides deem their respective enemy as Evil even though they commit the same actions.

As a species we also like to disassociate ourselves from the animal kingdom so for example, Chimpanzees will occasionally form gangs and murder another Chimp seemingly for no reason, this we view as just nature at work. Yet a gang of humans murdering another human is viewed as Evil.

When it all boils down to it there is no such thing as Good and Evil, just various shades of grey. Everyone is capable of one extreme or the other but most people are somewhere in the middle.

Edited by grendals_bane

There is no such thing as Good and Evil, they are just words used to rationalize our behaviour. We call murderers Evil because it is a way of making them seem less human and as a way to explain there actions as we generally don't like to admit we are all capable of doing what we term Good and Evil things.

Using the terms Good and Evil also act as a way of controlling people to an extent, such as in wars where both sides deem their respective enemy as Evil even though they commit the same actions.

As a species we also like to disassociate ourselves from the animal kingdom so for example, Chimpanzees will occasionally form gangs and murder another Chimp seemingly for no reason, this we view as just nature at work. Yet a gang of humans murdering another human is viewed as Evil.

When it all boils down to it there is no such thing as Good and Evil, just various shades of grey. Everyone is capable of one extreme or the other but most people are somewhere in the middle.

Wrong. There is a huge difference between bad and evil, as explained earlier.

I said this before: choice is what separates bad from evil. Animals don't have the choice because they do what is natural for them, and so there cannot be evil in nature. When a person chooses bad it's a whole other deal: Evil. This is basic philosophy/logic.

I wonder if the rabbit feels that way as he is torn apart alive and feed to the Hawks young? The more I read about the "Evil" subject the more I believe there is no such thing. It is just a word to discribe something that seems more than just "Bad." I do not believe in Demons, which is where this thread started. There is good and bad, black and white, and that is what keeps the balance. There are no demons there for they can not be evil. I know! I know! But hey, its just how I roll! lol!

Rocketgirl B)

I wonder if the rabbit feels that way as he is torn apart alive and feed to the Hawks young?

The hawk did not think to itself: this is wrong but I'm going to do it anyway. The hawk tears the rabbit apart because it is hungry; that might be bad for the rabbit, but there no possibility for evil to be involved in that natural situation.

The more I read about the "Evil" subject the more I believe there is no such thing. It is just a word to describe something that seems more than just "Bad." I do not believe in Demons, which is where this thread started. There is good and bad, black and white, and that is what keeps the balance. There are no demons there for they can not be evil. I know! I know! But hey, its just how I roll! lol!

Rocketgirl B)

Evil is the decision to do bad/harm/wrong. Demons are part of another realm in which evil and divine create this balance you refer to here as good and bad. I will beat this dead horse senseless, and that's how I roll hahahaha

Maybe the hat man is just a manifestation of our brains. Think about it, we all have the same basic make up, our brains are basically wired the same so it makes sense that if two brains were receiving the same chemical signals they would react the same way. The same way that people who feel that things in their life are out of their control, sometimes dream about falling off buildings.

Maybe stressing and thinking about it more often makes it more prone to happening. I have palpitations sometimes and i know that thinking about it and stressing about it makes them happen way more often. Maybe its just a natural way for the brain coping with certain stresses??

Maybe the hat man is just a manifestation of our brains. Think about it, we all have the same basic make up, our brains are basically wired the same so it makes sense that if two brains were receiving the same chemical signals they would react the same way. The same way that people who feel that things in their life are out of their control, sometimes dream about falling off buildings.

Maybe stressing and thinking about it more often makes it more prone to happening. I have palpitations sometimes and i know that thinking about it and stressing about it makes them happen way more often. Maybe its just a natural way for the brain coping with certain stresses??

How does that explian the hat? Is there a western portion of the brain, or something?

How does that explian the hat? Is there a western portion of the brain, or something?

Where does the surroundings in our dreams come from? They're just there,our brain makes them without any explanation. Places you've never seen before,how do you explain that? I'm more inclined to believe that it's a brain thing than a paranormal thing,but that's just me.

Where does the surroundings in our dreams come from? They're just there,our brain makes them without any explanation. Places you've never seen before,how do you explain that? I'm more inclined to believe that it's a brain thing than a paranormal thing,but that's just me.

There is a certain ominous power in the silhouette of a wide brimmed hat and long coat. I think that is the purpose of Hatman: to convey that power. That means, to me, that there is a kind of intent behind so many people all over the world seeing the same thing.

The hawk did not think to itself: this is wrong but I'm going to do it anyway. The hawk tears the rabbit apart because it is hungry; that might be bad for the rabbit, but there no possibility for evil to be involved in that natural situation.

Evil is the decision to do bad/harm/wrong. Demons are part of another realm in which evil and divine create this balance you refer to here as good and bad. I will beat this dead horse senseless, and that's how I roll hahahaha

That just smacks of sarcasim! Awesome. I used the rabbit as an example. "Evil is the decision to do bad/harm/wrong?" Not a good example. I have just never believed in god so I don't recognize this realm in which evil and the devine exist. I believe that we are all a part of the same energy, it is neither devine or evil, it is however good and bad. I guess you and I will continue to beat these dead horses because it seems to make us happy. So smile and enjoy the rest of the summer. : :yes:

Rocketgirl B)

"And the greatest trick Satan ever pulled, was leading man to believe he didn't exsists"

God must be quite the trickster too then...

my response proved to you that the bible has inspired violence over and over agaim, it is not what i believe, it is not what i have written, but you can read about it in the passages that i have referenced, and by the way, i never said anything about christ, the people on the crusades were christian, if christianity hadn't inspired violence there wouldnt have been the mass slaughter of millions of muslims, all because of what it says in the bible

oh and i dont need to believe the bible to read it,

let me ask you this question, why do you believe in christ, why not hindu, pagan, sikh, buddhist or one of the many other religions in the world, or the thousands that have passed before our time, because in each of those religions the people believed in their god(s) as much as you do for your god, so what makes you right and them wrong?

I did not address the verses you listed yet. One step at a time. I want to understand. Do you believe anything the Bible says? If not than it would be odd for you to claim you believe any of the violent acts in the Bible occurred, no? Unless you pick and choose.

I believe and worship Christ for the same reasons people believe all sorts of things because the evidence convinces us. I'm convinced by the evidence. Why do you believe anything? None of us have excuse. We will all know the answer one day no matter what we tell ourselves now.

oh and william craig lane winning in a debate doesnt prove anything, because in the end you dont have to be right to win an argument, you just have to be good at arguing

Stenger looked foolish because his argument was invalid. Claiming QM as supporting uncaused events is trivially wrong as the existence of the laws of physics proves. QM is not magic. QM is science and science is governed by the laws of physics. Just because QM involves probability does not make it uncaused.

This is only my opinion, but i firmly believe many wars have been fought, due to religion and religious beliefs in one way or another

I agree religion has inspired countless acts of evil. This does not mean that Christ inspired those acts. Humans have dark hearts.

There is no such thing as Good and Evil,

No human lives this way. Deep down every person in every culture knows there are fundamentally evil acts. Hitler's acts were deeply evil in any possible context. There is no relative context in which his acts would not have been evil.

God must be quite the trickster too then...

There are many highly intelligent people who firmly believe that God has provided adequate evidence for His existence. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Polkinghorne Now we would both agree there are many highly intelligent people who believe the contrary. Given this clear fact then I think it is not God who has played the trick. It is our own doing. Each person has their own personal reasons for their beliefs. It is certainly not God's fault.

Edited by OrdinaryClay

I did not address the verses you listed yet. One step at a time. I want to understand. Do you believe anything the Bible says? If not than it would be odd for you to claim you believe any of the violent acts in the Bible occurred, no? Unless you pick and choose.

I believe and worship Christ for the same reasons people believe all sorts of things because the evidence convinces us. I'm convinced by the evidence. Why do you believe anything? None of us have excuse. We will all know the answer one day no matter what we tell ourselves now.

i believe the bible is a scrapbook of every other religion before it, the festival christmas is almost identical to the romans 'saturnalia' and the pagans 'yule', easter has its origins in the ceremony of Ēostre which is a pagan ritual for the goddess Ēostre, the ritual of holy communion is one of the most barbaric in which it promotes cannibalism and vampirism and is taken directly from the pagan sacrament of holy communion, jesus is a compilation of several other prophets/gods before him including horus, buddha and dionysus, i also believe the gods of former religions that christianity had converted were actually rewritten as demons and the kings of hell, such as mammon, paimon and baal,

in short i dont believe the bible at all, i belive it was a fairy tale to keep order when answers to questions were not available. there are hundreds of years between jesus and when the bible was written with the stories passed down from generation to generation, we have a game of 'chinese whispers' which has exagerated the original story to epic proportions. and also with all the religions in the world claiming to be the 'one and only faith' who says christianity is right, why not hinduism, islam, judaism, greeks, romans, nordic, pagans, rastafarians, voodoo witchdoctors and any of the remote islands where they have their own individual beliefs. just because christianity has a huge following doesn't make it right. and also christianity has branched off into so many different sects, mormons, jehovas witnesses, pentacostal, episcopalian, protestant, catholic, roman catholic, methodist and many more.

i'm not the one who believes in christ or the bible, i just referenced it but you have already stated that you do believe in it which means that you either condone the actions of religious genocide (verses confirming these have already been posted) or you have picked your own verses in which to believe in (my guess is the latter) conveniently ommitting certain verses in which slavery, racism, sexism and killing are prolific and accepted.

another major reason why i dont believe is the huge lack of evidence supporting the case for a god of any kind, apart from personal accounts of people which can only be classed as hearsay, not evidence. show me conclusive evidence of any god and i may reconsider

Edited by xyroblaze

Stenger looked foolish because his argument was invalid. Claiming QM as supporting uncaused events is trivially wrong as the existence of the laws of physics proves. QM is not magic. QM is science and science is governed by the laws of physics. Just because QM involves probability does not make it uncaused.

but if there is a god wouldnt he himself be subject to the laws of physics and quantum mechanics, meaning he himself could not be omnipresent and omniscient (also speak without a mouth to create sound vibrations so humans can hear, interupt the flow of water so people could pass through, turn water to wine...... etc) and could not have created the universe, but if he were to exist outside of the universe (where some theoligians claim) then he could exist in a void where physics and quantum mechanics didnt apply, but that would also mean that it is possible that the universe could have been uncaused and just happened to come into existence (from the same void with no physics and QM) all by itself due to the lack of the "cause and effect" principle of physics and therefore a god is just one possibility out of an infinite number of reasons for the universe being in existance

putting the whole "god creating the universe" in the same category as "mr T and chuck norris high fived and the resulting awesomeness created the big bang" (replace mr T and chuck norris with anything you like and there's a possibility that it actually happened)

There are many highly intelligent people who firmly believe that God has provided adequate evidence for His existence. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Polkinghorne Now we would both agree there are many highly intelligent people who believe the contrary. Given this clear fact then I think it is not God who has played the trick. It is our own doing. Each person has their own personal reasons for their beliefs. It is certainly not God's fault.

Maybe I should've put /sarcasm at the end of that.

• 3 years later...

Simple: stop believing in it. People can hype themselves up if they believe in something strongly enough and create experiences in their minds (like the visions you describe) to conform with their beliefs. Stop looking for it and try to forget about it, and that will most likely solve your problem.

"ghosts appear anyways I don't think when I was 2 years old I wanted to see ghosts... Also I'm 14 now and don't believe and don't think about finding ghosts and I still see and hear them so ghosts are real! Edited by Irisl12