Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belgium UFO

I'd like to believe we're not alone in the universe, but ET hasn't come to my house for coffee yet. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. If they're monitoring our television broadcast, imagin how confusing we must sound to them.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• badeskov

• booNyzarC

• Keosen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can polystyrene be tracked by radar?

By all means of respect Erix, but you come across as you do not know the facts of the case at all and is just a bit miffed at yet another piece of "evidence" falling to the ground.

As also stated in the other thread on this subject, this polystyrene "UFO" wasn't tracked by F-16s at all, which should be blatantly obvious if you if you had read the news and checked up on the facts of the Belgian UFO-flap. Something was tracked in the skies over Belgium and some eye-witnesses described triangular sightings (although wildly disparate in size, angles and lightening). So this fellow decided to run with it and make a hoax image based on the eye-witness reports. Unfortunately this was one of the very few images taken and some researchers (SOBEPS) decided to shamelessly promote this and in the process sacrificing critical thinking and common sense. It is really that simple. And it should be noted that none of the F-16s that were sent up to intercept ever got a visual on any of the radar targets.

Again, in my honest opinion it was an atmospheric phenomenon making this happen and some people got hyped up.

Cheers,

Badeskov

By all means of respect Erix, but you come across as you do not know the facts of the case at all and is just a bit miffed at yet another piece of "evidence" falling to the ground.

As also stated in the other thread on this subject, this polystyrene "UFO" wasn't tracked by F-16s at all, which should be blatantly obvious if you if you had read the news and checked up on the facts of the Belgian UFO-flap. Something was tracked in the skies over Belgium and some eye-witnesses described triangular sightings (although wildly disparate in size, angles and lightening). So this fellow decided to run with it and make a hoax image based on the eye-witness reports. Unfortunately this was one of the very few images taken and some researchers (SOBEPS) decided to shamelessly promote this and in the process sacrificing critical thinking and common sense. It is really that simple. And it should be noted that none of the F-16s that were sent up to intercept ever got a visual on any of the radar targets.

Again, in my honest opinion it was an atmospheric phenomenon making this happen and some people got hyped up.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Im not a skeptic but i kind of agree what you said.

--

Cheers,

Badeskov

That is my take on the information we have available as well. It fits quite well and is wholly plausible. But there will never be a final answer on this which everyone agrees on regardless of what truly was responsible.

That is my take on the information we have available as well. It fits quite well and is wholly plausible. But there will never be a final answer on this which everyone agrees on regardless of what truly was responsible.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you and we will just have to file this away in the "unknown" drawer, as many other events we probably won't ever know enough about to make a satisfactorily substantiated determination. Sadly. But that is the nature of the beast.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Im not a skeptic but i kind of agree what you said.

Oh, ok Erix. Sorry if I misunderstood you :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

"allegedly a hoax" : why the allegedly and the question mark in the caption ? The prankster has clearly spilled the beans : it IS a hoax.

Well thats 1 hoax photo down and who knows how many more to go. :unsure:

Personaly I have seen some wierd stuff in the sky that I couldnt identify so that would make them Unidentified Flying Objects. As to thier origins, who knows, they could be simple atmospheric phenomana, secret millitary aircraft or even alien flying saucers. I just cant stand hoaxers who make it harder for the rest of us trying to understand the unexplained. :angry:

"allegedly a hoax" : why the allegedly and the question mark in the caption ? The prankster has clearly spilled the beans : it IS a hoax.

Well because it IS only alleged.. A man only calling himself 'Patrick' comes forward and says he fabricated one of the most famous UFO sightings in history, and you're sold? Just on that?

Edited by Legaia

I faked every image of Obama. Even when you see him live, I did that. Believable huh?

:rolleyes:

It seems you lack some information : the man who shot the photo is the same admitting it is a hoax. For those who can read french : http://www.20minutes.fr/ledirect/763208/ovni-petit-rechain-finalement-canular

And for those that can't read French... like me... there's Google Translate and several other online translation tools...

unusual

The UFO's "Little Rechain" was ultimately a hoax

Updated 07/27/11 at 19:20

The photograph of a UFO Belgian who made the world tour was actually a fake made ​​from a piece of polystyrene, showed a counterfeiters in an interview more than 20 years after the hoax.

"You can do a lot with little, we got to trap everyone with a piece of Styrofoam," said "Patrick", telling the television channel RTL details of this tour he has done to age of 18 with some friends.

"We created the model with polystyrene, it was painted and then began to stick things on it, to finally hang in the air (...) then we took the picture," he continued on Tuesday night.

hoax

The photograph, taken in 1990, was circulated around the world and caused a sensation. She was known for "UFO" as the "photograph of Petit-Rechain", named after the Belgian town that the UFO was supposed to have flown.

The context was favorable to the hoax: the years 1989-1990 correspond to what some call "Belgian UFO wave" with an accumulation of witnesses saying they saw mysterious flying objects.

In November 1990, ten Belgians had and told Reuters he saw a triangular object with three lights, flying slowly and silently. It was actually a Soviet satellite that disintegrated in the atmosphere.

And for those that can't read French... like me... there's Google Translate and several other online translation tools...

Google translate works for me! I think it pretty much explains it rather good detail. Thanks booN! :tu:

Maybe this hoax is a hoax.. ? Trying to cover up something that has its roots based on the siting 20 years ago ??

In November 1990, ten Belgians had and told Reuters he saw a triangular object with three lights, flying slowly and silently. It was actually a Soviet satellite that disintegrated in the atmosphere.

hmmmmm..... never heard that one before... :blush:

Well because it IS only alleged.. A man only calling himself 'Patrick' comes forward and says he fabricated one of the most famous UFO sightings in history, and you're sold? Just on that?

how ridiculous... :o

Maybe this hoax is a hoax.. ? Trying to cover up something that has its roots based on the siting 20 years ago ??

Yeah and in a couple of years i'm sure he's gonna admit that it was hoax that the hoax was hoax and this is not a hoax but a real incident debunking the hoax that the hoax was a hoax

Yeah and in a couple of years i'm sure he's gonna admit that it was hoax that the hoax was hoax and this is not a hoax but a real incident debunking the hoax that the hoax was a hoax

hahan... whatssss the trouble with the extra hoax?

hahan... whatssss the trouble with the extra hoax?

What's the problem with the extra s?

:P

Haha they say it's a hoax but look what's hosted on NASA servers...

STS61C-31-3.jpg

STS61C-31-2.jpg

Haha they say it's a hoax but look what's hosted on NASA servers...

The man who created the hoax admitted not NASA or someone else.

And what this pictures are showing and what's their original source/location?

One distinct difference between pathological skepticism (attitude-based skepticism) and true skepticism, is that pseudo-skeptics will take refuge in arbitrary attitudes i.e. sit on their hands and demand you do work for them. Haha i love it