Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Foreign Nations Push Into Space

Persia

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• Just Dave

• Blackwhite

• doom_boom

Um, I wasn't under the impression that NASA was "retreating" from manned space flight. Not according to them anyway. They are working on the MPCV and plan a manned flight to Mars, along with several other programs. Seems pretty engaged to me. Don't think there is a lot of bang for the buck in the Space Station. And we are way past monkeys.

Edited by Taut

Sounds good, and I'm all for it, but I'm honestly not holding my breath. Wish things were better, I'm really surprised at how the government is handling the US space program. It's sad.

It is my opinion that the US Air Force Space Command has an operational vehicle that is capable of orbital delivery.

Remember the SR-71 program, and the Stealth programs...

This kind of tech is usually up in the air for over a decade before it is declassified.

For those who live in the San Diego area, there has long been a mystery present in the skies over Miramar. It's been reported on in the news several times, although nobody has gotten a clear look at the craft. Most investigators think it's the Aurora Spacecraft (heavily rumored to exist in Aerospace circles). The craft (from images of the trail it leaves) seems to use a pulsejet engine, and creates sonic booms that shake buildings. The building where I worked back in 2006 was rattled pretty well by this thing, got my interest peaked, and I communicated a bit with the local reporter there.

NASA's focus now is returning to the Moon to establish a permanent colony, as a precursor to a Manned Mars Mission.

They are going to need to spend their resources (which are scant) accordingly, and to develop Solar System Class Vehicles, like what scifi artists used to sketch in the early 50's. These will be massive craft, capable of supporting a full crew and able to transport tons of payload.

NASA will require the Air Force to provide vehicles that deliver the materials for these craft to Orbit, and that can deliver personnel to orbit for assembly.

We need a space taxi, and it's my opinion that the Air Force has one.

Nasa have not closed their doors, they are still researching and developing their next gen projects. The shuttle programme had to be de-commisioned at some point as it cost them billions to keep it running, they are better off investing that money in the future and take what they have learnt from 40 amazing years of manned space flight and take things to the next level :alien: .

also check http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/07/7035032-nasa-to-host-next-gen-mini-shuttle

Does anybody really expect that with the volume of military and government satilites the military wouldn't have a way of servicing them as needed? The last I knew the US Space Command was a joint USAF and USN venture with other influences involved, but things do change.

Next 10 years should be interesting with so many different countries developing space programmes. I dont think the US goverment is going to sit back and let others get some sort of advantage in the 'space race'.

Edited by doom_boom

I just hope they take the time and care we did, not sending people up in rickety crafts. It would be terrible if a country sent the equivalent of an AMC Gremlin into orbit, poor astronauts...

It'll take decades for 'space travel' to be as common as going next state.. But the transition would be worth the wait.

I believe we are at the very "outer rim" of another level of space travel. The movie "Contact" with Jodey Foster actually was a movie that was "subliminal"! Allowing messages to be deciphered for the persons whom are attentive to there surroundings. You may "rebuttal" this next comment, but "Hitler" has some credit to this very subject!

Um, I wasn't under the impression that NASA was "retreating" from manned space flight. Not according to them anyway. They are working on the MPCV and plan a manned flight to Mars, along with several other programs. Seems pretty engaged to me. Don't think there is a lot of bang for the buck in the Space Station. And we are way past monkeys.

It's gonna be a bit humiliating for the Americans when they have to hitch a ride on Russian craft to get to the International Space Station for the forseeable future.

Edited by Blackwhite

Countries including China, India and Iran are engaged in a new race to explore space. Efforts include building research centers, rockets, satellites and lunar rovers.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0722-space-race-20110722,0,2095991,full.story

I think the Chinese are planning on a manned mission to Mars. I think they'll become the first people to step foot on another actual planet.

It's gonna be a bit humiliating for the Americans when they have to hitch a ride on Russian craft to get to the International Space Station for the forseeable future.

the United States has been "hitching rides" aboard Russian Soyuz vehicles for some time. It's not humiliating. The Russians are our partners, and they have a very reliable spacecraft.

But we are working with private industry to develop manned spacecraft capable of executing crew transfer to the ISS, and appropriate launch vehicles, and as well are working on the Orion spacecraft for longer duration missions away from earth orbit, and a heavy lift vehicle to propel the journeys.

Essentially, we are executing a piece of the original Constellation program, with the private sector actually designing and fabricating spacecraft.

This could all change in a year or so, and very likely will, as the next election will most certainly usher in new faces, to the White House, to the NASA Administrator's Office, and to U.S. Space Policy, which has been chewed up and spit out in the past couple years.

it's been a difficult couple years for NASA, but I think whatever happens in our future, we'll be partnering with the Russians, and the Europeans, and the Canadians and the Japanese on space exploration efforts.

the United States has been "hitching rides" aboard Russian Soyuz vehicles for some time. It's not humiliating. The Russians are our partners, and they have a very reliable spacecraft.

it's been a difficult couple years for NASA, but I think whatever happens in our future, we'll be partnering with the Russians, and the Europeans, and the Canadians and the Japanese on space exploration efforts.

Maybe that are your thoughts but i dont think so. Because US are very low on funds they've cut alot of employess from their jobs at NASA. Who knows when they will return back. And i've never heard US is making any REAL project with Japanese or China. Russians are just making a favor for US, they could easily say no, what would happen then? NASA has problems. Maybe media isnt telling the whole story, they never do.. China has alot of technology borrowed or bought from Russians. Meaning they have manpower but no concrete technology of their own. If i've had to bet, i would so on Russians, they have very durable technology and much much bigger funding than other space powers. Once they are done with ISS in May next year they will probably expand their space program immensely in comparison to NASA. NASA is just chit-chat with sattelits, they dont have any concrete plan right now. Plus you dont get out of a fund crisis over a night in business like that. Leader right now is Roscosmos, next is NASA and then China. Still this can change in future.

Maybe that are your thoughts but i dont think so.

OK. You're certainly permitted your thoughts.

Because US are very low on funds they've cut alot of employess from their jobs at NASA.

However, you might want to base opinions on something substantive.

The U.S. is low on funds?

Firstly, the U.S. isn't, and never has been, and secondly, the reason employees have lost their jobs (with USA and NASA) is because the end of the Shuttle program ended their present assignments, and the scrapping of Constellation by Obama, despite his re-instatement of the Orion and heavy lift booster program still resulted in many people not having a job to continue into.

Who knows when they will return back.

I do not. Nor do I know if any ever will, no matter what happens.

And i've never heard US is making any REAL project with Japanese or China.

Have you ever heard of the International Space Station?

We delivered the largest module to the ISS, the Japanese lab, KIBO and it's attached facilities, with our Shuttle. Japan is a major partner in space activities with the United States and the Canadians, Russians, and Europeans are as well.

JAXA is a huge partner with us. China isn't anyone's partner.

Have any idea who's on ISS right now? Japanese, Americans, and Russians man the station now.

Russians are just making a favor for US, they could easily say no, what would happen then?

Then they would lose a great deal of funding.

The United States pays a great deal to the Russians. They have needed financial help for many years in their space program.

If they said no, someone would fire the guy who ordered such a thing, there would be no Americans manning the station that they largely built, it would be in violation of our agreement, international partners would be up in arms. It's a rather silly idea to contemplate, given what's happened during the course of the ISS program.

NASA has problems. Maybe media isnt telling the whole story, they never do..

Yea. They've had problems several times in the past. Currently, they have one called the Administration in Washington. The whole story has been told, time and again.

If i've had to bet, i would so on Russians, they have very durable technology and much much bigger funding than other space powers.

There you are incorrect. Quite the contrary. They do have durable workhorse vehicles. But they are not as well funded as the U.S.program is, and indeed, the U.S. helps fund their efforts.

Once they are done with ISS in May next year they will probably expand their space program immensely in comparison to NASA.

Where is your information coming from?

We have Russian ISS crew on board station scheduled through expedition 38 right now, and into the future beyond that...long after next May. The station will be operating through 2020...with Russian crewmembers aboard, and Russian controllers working hand-in-hand with their American counterparts (yes, they still have jobs in ISS Mission Control), as well as those at JAXA and ESA.

NASA is just chit-chat with sattelits, they dont have any concrete plan right now. Plus you dont get out of a fund crisis over a night in business like that. Leader right now is Roscosmos, next is NASA and then China. Still this can change in future.

About the only thing you said that made any sense there was that there is the possibility of future change.

There is indeed.

I might suggest a little bit of real world knowledge could be of help prior to making statements about our international partnerships in space flight endeavors.

First of all im right about ISS and Russians, they have a deal until May next year it writen at Wiki and Russian federal space agency. And its also written that Roscosmos is funded well above NASA. Meanwhile Japanese and Chinese are in early stages of their space exploration, that module is up there because they used US and Russian help to get it there. They cant do it on their own. I do agree that US made intitiave to build it. That doesnt mean they are fully in charge. And of course US is paying great deal to Russia, they are using their technology... Even without US funds Russia would do just great, like i said their program is funded very well ( they have some problems too ). Without Russia ISS is a sitting duck.. Dont worry against you i've made some research, since i know the current status of Russia and US. US needs to build a manned space vehicle... before they can get back in the race. ESA,JAXA are providing valuable tech upgrades, very interesting stuff..

First of all im right about ISS and Russians, they have a deal until May next year it writen at Wiki and Russian federal space agency.

Oh, OK. I think expedition 34 is going to be a little upset. But OK.

:unsure2:

And its also written that Roscosmos is funded well above NASA.

yes, indeed, that was written. i believe that was right here, by you.

:tu:

Meanwhile Japanese and Chinese are in early stages of their space exploration,

Both countries are, you're right, but there is no co-operation. The Japanese are quite wary of the Chinese efforts in space, as is the vast majority of the world.

China has NO PARTNERS IN SPACE EXPLORATION. They're not doing any yet!

that module is up there because they used US and Russian help to get it there. They cant do it on their own. I do agree that US made intitiave to build it. That doesnt mean they are fully in charge.

And what were tyou talking about here: "that module"?

And of course US is paying great deal to Russia, they are using their technology... Even without US funds Russia would do just great, like i said their program is funded very well ( they have some problems too ).

Ok. If you want to believe so, no one's going to try and steer you in the right direction. I already did, and obviously, you have failed to research the matter at all.

Without Russia ISS is a sitting duck.. Dont worry against you i've made some research, since i know the current status of Russia and US. US needs to build a manned space vehicle... before they can get back in the race. ESA,JAXA are providing valuable tech upgrades, very interesting stuff..

I don't suppose you know how strange that sounds, do you?

A "sitting suck"? Don't worry against me?

What "race" were you talking about? The "space race", the only one that ever existed, ended 43 years ago.

Just curious about these things.

You seem to think you know so much about space flight, but what you write tends to illustrate the opposite.

Well maybe because i dont write english as good as American if you would write in my languge i could write with far more sense than all this. And that module i was writing about is named Kibo, and its largest on ISS made by Japanese, science module. Why are you keep writing China is alone in all this, noone said otherwise. They are alone but they have made huge progress. And so called space race, is my definition of who will make the first space achivement after moonlanding ( Landing on moon again, first long-range vehicle, space construction, etc ). Still its like a race of powers trying to make as much succes as they can.

My bad with sitting duck, ISS cant get stranded without a crew, in worse case scenario US would use shuttle. Its too valuable to us.

Edited by Nuke_em

Well maybe because i dont write english as good as American if you would write in my languge i could write with far more sense than all this.

No one is complaining about your English. It's about your precision. I understand.

And that module i was writing about is named Kibo, and its largest on ISS made by Japanese, science module.

I see. So, KIBO is only there because of U.S. and Russian help?

Well, partially correct.

Japan built it. We launched it. Just as we launched Columbus. We had the lift capability, of course, and we are in partnership with Japan.

I don't see an arguement.

Why are you keep writing China is alone in all this, noone said otherwise.

Because youi said they were partners with Japan.

They are alone but they have made huge progress.

They've orbited men. OK...

And so called space race, is my definition of who will make the first space achivement after moonlanding ( Landing on moon again, first long-range vehicle, space construction, etc ). Still its like a race of powers trying to make as much succes as they can.

OH I see. You perceive a race. That's OK. I don't think anyone doing spaceflight is racing anywhere, frankly, but if you want to refer to it as such, that's OK.

My bad with sitting duck, ISS cant get stranded without a crew, in worse case scenario US would use shuttle. Its too valuable to us.

Here I think you're a little confused here.

There is no Shuttle active anymore. The program has ended. The Shuttle will not fly again.

At this time, Russian Soyuz vehicles will serve as rescue for the six man crew complement aboard ISS (There are enough Soyuz vehicles to support the crew at all times).