Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran:‘We Have No Option but to Destroy Israel

Socio

If I were part of the regime in Iran, I'd be far more worried about being overthrown in a popular rebellion, although I can understand why they're always trying to divert and deflect attention to anything else but their own corruption and repression. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichaelW

• Malaria_Kidd

• arglebargle

• alienmojo

If I were part of the regime in Iran, I'd be far more worried about being overthrown in a popular rebellion, although I can understand why they're always trying to divert and deflect attention to anything else but their own corruption and repression. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Yes sir MuGuffin! It was reported that the mullahs had an airliner ready and waiting on the airport tarmac during the uprising in the streets of Tehran. But I only heard that told on one U.S. radio show, so I don't if it was a reality. :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this statement was intended for domestic consumption. The good Brigadier General is probably trying to impress the Supreme Leader with his dedication so that he gets his full General's star a bit earlier.

I seem to recall reading some of the bloodthirsty pronouncements coming out of Syrian and Egypt ever since Israel called itself into being. It was all hot air designed to boost the domestic popularity of their own leaders.

What they didn't realise... and Iran still hasn't ... is that Western leaders (and I'd include Israel in this category) tend to take these comments at face value, and plan accordingly.

But as Tean has pointed out: the two nations have no common border, no ability to undertake a forced marine landing, and no bulk heavy-airlift capability. Short of lobbing missiles at each other, they CAN'T physically attack one another.

What I WOULD like to know is who is knocking off all of these Iranian scientists. (isn't this the fourth ?) MOSSAD has a pretty good reputation, but I'd struggle to imagine them maintaining an assassination squad in Tehran over such a long period of time.

meow purr :)

Edited by ships-cat

I am sure israel will sure. Israel has an strong army but IRANI army is better.

This is like BALKAN WARS when serbian killed muslim bosnians becouse they had no

weapons nor a army and on the end one of the (7 or 8) korps ( 5.Koprus Armije BH)

beated whole army and allmost got Banja Luka and Prijedor band and the the US said

they have to stop.

I am sure israel will sure. Israel has an strong army but IRANI army is better.

This is like BALKAN WARS when serbian killed muslim bosnians becouse they had no

weapons nor a army and on the end one of the (7 or 8) korps ( 5.Koprus Armije BH)

beated whole army and allmost got Banja Luka and Prijedor band and the the US said

they have to stop.

The Iranian forces are primarly geared towards a defensive war. Even their military leaders say that. What Amadinejad and the rest love to do is talk big.

your actually very wrong there, Iran spends TONS on its military.

In 2010, Israel spent US$16 billion on defence, or 6.3% of its GDP. In comparison, the US spent 4.7% of its GDP on defence; Britain spent 2.7% of its GDP on defence; France spent 2.5% of its GDP on defence; China spent 2.2% of its GDP on defence; Italy spent 1.8% of its GDP on defence; and Germany spent 1.4% of its GDP on defence

In comparison, Iran spent just US$9.174 billion on defence, or just 1.8% of its GDP. Countries such as Singapore, Greece, Poland and even Afghanistan spent more on defence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Edited by Blackwhite

In 2010, Israel spent US$16 billion on defence, or 6.3% of its GDP. In comparison, the US spent 4.7% of its GDP on defence; Britain spent 2.7% of its GDP on defence; France spent 2.5% of its GDP on defence; China spent 2.2% of its GDP on defence; Italy spent 1.8% of its GDP on defence; and Germany spent 1.4% of its GDP on defence

In comparison, Iran spent just US$9.174 billion on defence, or just 1.8% of its GDP. Countries such as Singapore, Greece, Poland and even Afghanistan spent more on defence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

You are right.

All this NEOCON saber rattling against Iran is a ruse to get America suited up for another Mideast Holy War at the behest of Israel.

We thought Obama would end these crazy wars, but he took to them with the same fervor as Bush, and even started a third war!!!

neocons1_pic.jpg

Edited by make me believe