Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare amnesia leaves mom with 17 yr memory gap

Still Waters

A mother-of-one has told of being struck by a rare form of amnesia which left her convinced she was just 15 years old.

Naomi Jacobs, 34, woke up in 2008 but believed she was just about to sit her GCSE exams in the summer of 1992.

The last thing she could remember was falling asleep in her bunk bed as a schoolgirl.She was horrified to learn she was living in the 21st century, and was even mother to an 11-year-old boy she did not recognise.

Doctors revealed that Naomi had been under so much stress that part of her brain had simply closed down, erasing many memories of her life.

She was left baffled by the internet, and flummoxed by her mobile phone as she struggled to get to grips with modern life.

Today, three years after waking up in the future, Naomi has finally regained most of her memory, and has written a book about her experiences.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Robbie333

• minera

• Robert1

Can't imagine that happening to me... Waking up and freaking out finding a man in my bed...and seeing my daughter... I would go mental lol...

Gary would hate it.. cuz he would fear me going - eeeeww as if?? Thinking i had my GSCE's to do again...all of it.. Ohh man

Can't imagine that happening to me... Waking up and freaking out finding a man in my bed...and seeing my daughter... I would go mental lol...

Gary would hate it.. cuz he would fear me going - eeeeww as if?? Thinking i had my GSCE's to do again...all of it.. Ohh man

I cannot imagine this horror either. I am glad she retrieved most of her memory back. I will read this book, sounds great. Beck, you made me laugh with your " ewwww, as if ! " Cracked me up, ya git, LOL.

I cannot imagine this horror either. I am glad she retrieved most of her memory back. I will read this book, sounds great. Beck, you made me laugh with your " ewwww, as if ! " Cracked me up, ya git, LOL.

Well If I woke up as a young teenager... I would have said that to him... he would look old to me and you can imagine lol....

I'd panic if I went to a store to but alcohol .. I would have that - ohh no I am going to get asked for ID in a min .......look on my face l

I go to light up a cigarette ..and beg Gary not to tall my folks I am smoking laugh.gif

Can't imagine what I would do If he made a romantic sexual move on me.. I'd be on the phone calling the cops... crying HELP SOME MAN TRIED TO VIOLATE ME !..Im SOO telling my dad on you !!!!!!!blink.gif

laugh.gif

Well If I woke up as a young teenager... I would have said that to him... he would look old to me and you can imagine lol....

I'd panic if I went to a store to but alcohol .. I would have that - ohh no I am going to get asked for ID in a min .......look on my face l

I go to light up a cigarette ..and beg Gary not to tall my folks I am smoking laugh.gif

Can't imagine what I would do If he made a romantic sexual move on me.. I'd be on the phone calling the cops... crying HELP SOME MAN TRIED TO VIOLATE ME !..Im SOO telling my dad on you !!!!!!!blink.gif

laugh.gif

Funny, funny, funny. I hope for your old mans sake this does not happen to you, LOL. The poor bugger will feel like a pervert the first " encounter", LOL. Too funny. Like I said " ya git", lol. "OMG, he tried to touch me !!!" Moooommmmy !! He would have nervous breakdown.

Funny, funny, funny. I hope for your old mans sake this does not happen to you, LOL. The poor bugger will feel like a pervert the first " encounter", LOL. Too funny. Like I said " ya git", lol. "OMG, he tried to touch me !!!" Moooommmmy !! He would have nervous breakdown.

Can you imagine my parents face me coming into their house.. crying - Gary violated me?? Then seeing them looking much older and saying WOW what happened to you guys?/ you are so ..well old wacko.gif

Can you imagine my parents face me coming into their house.. crying - Gary violated me?? Then seeing them looking much older and saying WOW what happened to you guys?/ you are so ..well old wacko.gif

You need to set Gary up. Just scream at him when he comes into the door, PERVERT !!! LOL. All kidding aside I have heard of this before and it has to be a freggin horror story for the ones whom have to live it.

This story is just too weird. What kind of stress was this woman under that her mind erased

seventeen years of her memory? The poor woman. The horror and confusion must have been un-

bearable. It's good to know she has recovered most of her memory. And I hope she feels much better now. :yes:

You need to set Gary up. Just scream at him when he comes into the door, PERVERT !!! LOL. All kidding aside I have heard of this before and it has to be a freggin horror story for the ones whom have to live it.

Yea it's like some sort of sci-fi flick experience i'll bet

What a weak minded fool. I was SO not surprised when I saw her picture.

What a weak minded fool. I was SO not surprised when I saw her picture.

I read this and see a Charlie Sheen pic...lol.... I wouldn't call her weak minded.. I would hate that to happen to me .

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Geez..How much stress does one have to be under to revert like that? That's just bizarre. :blink:

Geez..How much stress does one have to be under to revert like that? That's just bizarre. :blink:

A heck of a lot.. I have heard of that happening before.. Stress can cause so many things to go wrong with the body

"Although it was traumatic, I'm really grateful for being thrown forward through time now.

"I've been able to follow my childhood dream of becoming a writer - and am currently writing my story."

that'sa special situation,her episodic problem helped her do one of her more cherished childhood dream :P

Looks like she's publishing a book on it and just happened to keep a diary with all of the relevant information about her past.

To, this isn't the first time she's hit the news, looks like she's trying to get some popularity.

Looks like she's publishing a book on it and just happened to keep a diary with all of the relevant information about her past.

To, this isn't the first time she's hit the news, looks like she's trying to get some popularity.

Well fair play to her.. Maybe the stress was money problems and other things.. she is noted to be a single mother living in a council house... I guess she wants a better life ..for her and her daughter.. So I say, way to go, hope it sells for her ...

Something smells a bit off with this story. Maybe it happened, but is seems far more likely that someone attention seeking would make this up than for it to actually happen.

Imagine waking up and finding out you owned a Fiat Bravo - that would be a nightmare in itself :o

TiP.

If this is what it takes to fulful a childhood dream of being a writer, then bring me TGA.

maybe that is all what life is....a dream inside the dream

maybe that is all what life is....a dream inside the dream