Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CCTV Dogman Grey Tailless Body Long Rear Legs

NatureBoff

Just ignore the evidence and logic then, the Creature DOES NOT have a Hock. So it CANNOT be a dog, cat or deer.

LOL! Yes, we are both agreed on this. The differnce is that I believe it's something other than a dog, cat or deer. It's the same conclusion that professional animal trainers who've witnessed the 'shaggy dog' Dartmoor beast came too. It doesn't move like a cat or dog either.

It's the same creature because it's the same as in Harry Potter for one thing. It doesn't mean that it's a fake though. Let's get the logic straight.

Whaaaaaa..... Logic. Logic does not seem to be coming into this particular discussion. Clearly these videos, all of them are CG.

LOL! Yes, we are both agreed on this. The differnce is that I believe it's something other than a dog, cat or deer. It's the same conclusion that professional animal trainers who've witnessed the 'shaggy dog' Dartmoor beast came too. It doesn't move like a cat or dog either.

Understanding the Equine Hock
What is the Hock?

A horse’s hock is the evolutionary equivalent to the human heel. When looking at a horse from the side, the point of the hock is the backward pointed part of the limb halfway down the rear limb. Over millions of years of evolution, this heel of the early horse raised off the ground as part of adaptation that allowed the horse’s lower limb to be lighter and more adapted for speed.

The hock is complex, and consists of four basic joints and many bones, all joined by ligaments. The topmost joint is the high motion joint and accounts for about 90% of the range of motion in the area. The three lower joints together account for the remaining 10% of range of motion and consist of two rows of cube shaped bones lying on top of one another. Below the lower row of these small bones is the cannon bone, which drops down to the fetlock. The digital flexor tendons pass through and over the inside and back part of the hock, and are critical in supporting the horse’s weight. The Achilles (gastrocnemius) tendon runs down the back of the limb above the hock and attaches on the point of the hock. If this tendon is cut, the whole function of the hock is lost, the hocks folds, and a horse cannot support any weight.

The male Dartmoor beast has evolved the hock and so looks similar to a dog. He runs to divert enemies from his females and young and also to patrol his outer territory from other males. The female hasn't because she still hides in the trees and swims for fish. It all adds up in my book. The evidence is there is you allow it.

PhotoGallery of Dartmoor beast sightings

Fresh sighting of UFO's and Werewolves on Cannock Chase

“We put the dog back on the lead as we thought in the distance there was an enormous ‘dog.’ As we approached the animal we realised this wasn’t a dog and it just stared at us for a while – I said I thought it looked like a fox, but the size of a lioness – it then turned into the wooded area, and we proceeded to walk on.

“As it turned its long, bushy black tipped tail, we realised it was definitely not a dog.

post-94765-0-07666300-1312795910_thumb.j

Edited by Le Lapedalleur

definatley not a deer or dog dont know what it is

Halleluyah! Thanks for the post gbms

2B. The camera moves to the left at the end when the "creature" is going to leave the frame, but otherwise remains fixed through most of the shot. Most security cameras in locations like these are

fixed position cameras with nobody watching them. How would you like to sit and watch an alley full of garbage containers all night?

Firstly, I agree this is a fake.

Secondly, I know it's a trivial thing but you cannot assume the camera is fixed. Also when these cameras are monitored usually it is 1 person cycling through a number of cameras, not one person per camera. That wouldn't be extremely efficient.

• Like 1

The male Dartmoor beast has evolved the hock and so looks similar to a dog. He runs to divert enemies from his females and young and also to patrol his outer territory from other males. The female hasn't because she still hides in the trees and swims for fish. It all adds up in my book. The evidence is there is you allow it.

PhotoGallery of Dartmoor beast sightings

Come on. You've looked at the other pics from that series right? That is a dog, it is very clear in most of the other pics in that series. It is a black dog.

Come on. You've looked at the other pics from that series right? That is a dog, it is very clear in most of the other pics in that series. It is a black dog.

A woman came out at the time and said it was her Newfoundland dog...its name was Troy i think...she walked around the area the with her dog where the pictures were taken....they did look very similar.

Edited by BrianPotter

A woman came out at the time and said it was her Newfoundland dog...its name was Troy i think...she walked around the area the with her dog where the pictures were taken....they did look very similar.

Different colour though

Different colour though

The pics I remember seeing were pretty similar. Maybe a little varied depeding on the lighting.

her dog

Edited by vitruvian12

Different colour though

It looked very similar and when it's actually being walked in the area around the time the alleged sighting/picture took place,i would think there's a pretty good chance that its the animal thats seen in the picture...

It looked very similar and when it's actually being walked in the area around the time the alleged sighting/picture took place,i would think there's a pretty good chance that its the animal thats seen in the picture...

No, it's zero chance according to the professional animal trainer who took the photographs. I've made personal correspondence with him and he said it had an unusual gait and "defintely was NOT a dog". No owner is to be seen for miles around. It was clearly in the open, well lit bt the sun, and seen from all angles including the bunch of walkers on the other side of the valley. It also can be seen to have a pointed face, more bear or fox-like than dog like.

No, it's zero chance according to the professional animal trainer who took the photographs. I've made personal correspondence with him and he said it had an unusual gait and "defintely was NOT a dog". No owner is to be seen for miles around. It was clearly in the open, well lit bt the sun, and seen from all angles including the bunch of walkers on the other side of the valley. It also can be seen to have a pointed face, more bear or fox-like than dog like.

Its one of those that we will never know then i suppose....but it does look awfully similar to me...hey ho..

Its one of those that we will never know then i suppose....but it does look awfully similar to me...hey ho..

A bear running at high speed brings it's back legs up at the same time, just as described for the nandi bear and seen in the Dartmoor beast video clip

What kind of animal trainer was he? I thought he was a falconer.

One person's say so that it wasnt a dog doesnt not mean a zero chance that thats what it was. Thats just one witness's opinion. Im not sure I know the difference between fox-like or dog-like, they are both canine arent they?

• Like 1

This enigmatic beast was seen by Martin Whit­ley, a professional falconer,

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/in_the_news/dartmoor_mystery_beast.html

He did not take the photographs either. It was some American clients of his. He also said it was the size of a pony, yet size coparison with the children on the tor show it was perhaps as high as waist high. Perhaps much shorter. He also says it was 200 yards away, yet claims he saw it very clearly. At two football fields away????

Certainly the fellow has worked with dogs, but so have I and probably hundreds of others here on UM alone.

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/in_the_news/dartmoor_mystery_beast.html

He did not take the photographs either. It was some American clients of his. He also said it was the size of a pony, yet size coparison with the children on the tor show it was perhaps as high as waist high. Perhaps much shorter. He also says it was 200 yards away, yet claims he saw it very clearly. At two football fields away????

Certainly the fellow has worked with dogs, but so have I and probably hundreds of others here on UM alone.

You weren't there were you

What does that mean? That he cant have a critical opinion because he wasnt there? That would mean you shouldnt post on anything either since I doubt you were there. Dont act like a baby because no one buys into your theories.

At 200 yards your witness was barely there either.

1. It couldn't be a Monkey. In the UK we don't have Wild monkey's

2. It could be a short tailed Deer

3. It could be a greyhound dog with it's tail between it's legs

Don't need to be when the facts are so clear.

IT WAS NOT A DEER

I go away for a few months and its the same thing and it reminds me of why I took a break. In an effort to look "rational" and "intelligent" so many people have made themselves look like total morons. I'm going to try to keep my responses positive from here on in but seriously this is a perfect example of how utterly ignorant people can be. When I glanced at it the first time (which I always do before I read the comments to remain completely objective) I thought to myself it moves strangely. I reaches the theory that it may have been some kind of greyhound but something didn't feel right and it was clearly too large. So I sat back took a bite of this delicious apple and played the video again, and again, and again. Around the middle second viewing I'd determined that its rather easy to see that it isnt a dog, its much too light on its feet and for it to make a jump with that much ease it would need greater muscle mass. I thought it could be a deer but its movement was wrong again... by the third viewing with a little CSI freeze framing I noticed that the head was round and the light reflected on the back of the head does not adjust with its decent into a more well lit area. It is CGI. The second video posted was even worse.

Watch the video through and you'll see the creature does not carry itself with any weight and there are even a few "slips" where its hand appear to sink into the pavement because the animator got lazy.

Now to everyone who said it was a deer... COME ON! GET REAL!

Its people like you that give me hope that there are still undiscovered creatures out there.

I hate looking like an ******* but seriously... wouldnt it be easier to ask questions if you're unsure than dismiss something as fake without really looking at it.

EDIT: and for those who want to see the creatures face I have a strange suspicion it may look something... like... this...

1.jpg

Edited by Mr. E.

IT WAS NOT A DEER

I go away for a few months and its the same thing and it reminds me of why I took a break. In an effort to look "rational" and "intelligent" so many people have made themselves look like total morons. I'm going to try to keep my responses positive from here on in but seriously this is a perfect example of how utterly ignorant people can be. When I glanced at it the first time (which I always do before I read the comments to remain completely objective) I thought to myself it moves strangely. I reaches the theory that it may have been some kind of greyhound but something didn't feel right and it was clearly too large. So I sat back took a bite of this delicious apple and played the video again, and again, and again. Around the middle second viewing I'd determined that its rather easy to see that it isnt a dog, its much too light on its feet and for it to make a jump with that much ease it would need greater muscle mass. I thought it could be a deer but its movement was wrong again... by the third viewing with a little CSI freeze framing I noticed that the head was round and the light reflected on the back of the head does not adjust with its decent into a more well lit area. It is CGI. The second video posted was even worse.

Watch the video through and you'll see the creature does not carry itself with any weight and there are even a few "slips" where its hand appear to sink into the pavement because the animator got lazy.

Now to everyone who said it was a deer... COME ON! GET REAL!

Its people like you that give me hope that there are still undiscovered creatures out there.

I hate looking like an ******* but seriously... wouldnt it be easier to ask questions if you're unsure than dismiss something as fake without really looking at it.

:tu:

thank you. the video is clearly by the same bloke who made the other 2 videos uploaded on his page. cgi fake.

Are you serious?

They had a whole big thing on this... has everyone already forgotten what is debunked and what isnt?

They found a second photo and it was clearly a dog. I'm surprised Die didn't just throw that happy little spanner in the works the first time that picture was used. He's slipping. lol