Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama and Senate Reach Debt Ceiling Agreement

BlindMessiah

just curious... how is the super congress appointed? Who makes 'that' decision? Is it ballot or lottery?

each party gets to propose three in each chamber and it is voted upon until they have it together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• preacherman76

• acidhead

• questionmark

This is a temporary body. They'd have to create another one in another bill. Until that's in the works, your point is pure conjecture.

Hmmm... like "Emergency powers" are always only temporary, and they're always going to be lfited once the emegerncy is over, aren't they.

:unsure2:

This is a temporary body. They'd have to create another one in another bill. Until that's in the works, your point is pure conjecture.

Its temporary like the income tax was temporary. Once the government achieves any type of power grab, it never lets it go. It isnt conjecture, its a clear pattern of abuse of power. Even if it was temporary, its unconstitutional and shouldnt ever be considered.

I think its high time our legislator's begin to be held responcible for the laws they create that are clear violations of the constitution. There was a time when this would have been considered treason.

the system has you hooked.. you can't even control your own emotions... snap out of your illusion and try thinking for yourself

No, again you are wrong. The system does not have me hooked, I am not emotional and I do think for myself, but thanks for your concern. I wish people would see they are trying to sell us the same product as they tried (or succeeded with most people) to sell us in the build up to the Iraq war. I didn't buy it then and I am certainly not buying it now.

I didn't buy it then and I am certainly not buying it now.

We won't be buying much in the near future either.

I am not a democrat so you can just keep your assumptions to yourself. It is the republican side that is acting like Obama is doing something so outrageous, and it was not the last 50 years, it was mostly under Reagan. I thought Reagan was the second coming, so why are republicans playing with our future like children on the playground over this? I am really upset about this and was most likely not going to vote for Obama the next election, but they have made sure I could never vote for any republican now and must do my best to try and make sure none of these people get in office again. So, they have now forced my hand to vote for someone I have no desire to vote for because I must in all good conscious vote against them.

I hate to defend republicans here, but why on earth do you think they shoulder all the blame for this?? They are the only ones even coming up with plans (how ever terrible they may be). Its the Dems who have decided till just recently that they would vote down any bill that came from republicans. Its the dems who have openly stated that any compromised bill is "dead in the water" before it even got to 0bamas desk. The only ones acting like children on a playground are those who think we can just continue to wrecklessly spend money as though there will be no consequence.

Edit to add- On top of this, Dems had the last 2 years to pass a budget, and didnt bother to.

Edited by preacherman76

Its temporary like the income tax was temporary.

was not. And you're bringing up the civil war again.150 years ago.

I hate to defend republicans here, but why on earth do you think they shoulder all the blame for this?? They are the only ones even coming up with plans (how ever terrible they may be). Its the Dems who have decided till just recently that they would vote down any bill that came from republicans. Its the dems who have openly stated that any compromised bill is "dead in the water"

Watching fox news again I see. The republicans are the ones who said any bill that had tax increases in it was "dead in the water". They would voted down anything that came from the Democrats. One of the Debt ceiling plans came from Democrats. The Democratic plan is Medicare and Social Security. and the Affordable Care Act. The Teapublican plan is to destroy government.

Watching fox news again I see. The republicans are the ones who said any bill that had tax increases in it was "dead in the water". They would voted down anything that came from the Democrats. One of the Debt ceiling plans came from Democrats. The Democratic plan is Medicare and Social Security. and the Affordable Care Act. The Teapublican plan is to destroy government.

I dont watch any main stream news.

Of course they would vote down any tax increases. You honestly think draining the people of even more of thier money is going to help the economy? Or are you one of those lacking in common sence, who thinks the rich this time majicaly wont pass the expences to the middle class? Personaly I disagree with most republicans regarding not closing loopholes though. But the dems are just as responcible for the existance of those loopholes

The democrates plan has been to break every record in spending ever made, all while ignoring reality, and putting off passing a budget for the last 2 years. That will destroy this government, and economy, faster then anything the republicans are doing. What good is sending out SS checks, if our dollar isnt worth anything? Cause that is the track we are heading down fast. And the dems are on record saying they wouldnt pass any republican budget plan.

LOL the "Affordable Care Act" has got to be the clearest example of a oxymoron I have ever seen. There are thousands of folks who will have to sacrifice thier already hummble life style, to pay for health insurance that they just cant afford. Unless of course the company you work for supports 0bama's campaign. Then you can get to opt out.

was not. And you're bringing up the civil war again.150 years ago.

Again? When Have I brought up the civil war before this conversation? What difference does it make how long ago it was? Time doesnt take away from the fact that the government over stepped thier constitutional authority in making the income tax mandatory, from temporary status.

You honestly think draining the people of even more of thier money is going to help the economy?

yes in fact I do.

But the dems are just as responcible for the existance of those loopholes

true

and putting off passing a budget for the last 2 years. That will destroy this government, and economy, faster then anything the republicans are doing.

not having a budget will not destroy the government. There is no proof of that.

the "Affordable Care Act" has got to be the clearest example of a oxymoron I have ever seen.

Unfortunately that's true. The Health Insurance Reform Act would have been more descriptive.

Again? When Have I brought up the civil war before this conversation? What difference does it make how long ago it was? Time doesnt take away from the fact that the government over stepped thier constitutional authority in making the income tax mandatory, from temporary status.

No. They passed a law in 1861 which was to end in 1866, It was repealed and recreated in 1862, and also in 1894. In 1895 the Supreme court struck down parts of the 1894 law The US ratified a constitutional income tax amendment in 1913 (the 16th). It was not temporary unless you're referring back to the original 1861 law. Certainly society had changed in the 50 years since the civil war that paying for the civil war was not the issue. It was done exactly according to constitutional authority.

The reason time makes a difference is that society changes.

Edited by ninjadude