Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ZOZO the Ouija Board Demon

Zampano

Hi Obsessive,

Could you elaborate on the horrifying event you experienced??

It must have been a pretty bad experience to have put you off using a ouiga board since it happened

I did share. :) Just a couple posts up! ^^

So, after reading everyone else's experiences, I am compelled to share my own....hesitantly....but, I will, none the less.

I am 41 years old. I have always been ‘spiritual’ in my adulthood and have explored many different religious avenues. Today, I would say I am as close as I’ve ever been to being agnostic. The one thing that holds me back from becoming an atheist is my experience with Ouija. No one -- not even Stephen Hawking himself – could convince me that what I experienced wasn’t ‘real’.

My experience began with a friend of mine in the mid 90s. We were in our mid/late 20s. She and I had an interest in the metaphysical, tarot cards and the like. I assume that one day the topic of Ouija came up and we decided to give it a try. We used her kitchen table and a homemade board. We used plain lined paper, writing out the alphabet then cutting out the pieces and laying them out on the table. We used a small plastic cup as the planchette. It didn’t take long before we were talking to an entity who identified himself as ‘HP’ (I don’t even like typing those initials out....). He claimed to be a middle-aged man who died in a fire. Our conversations were, at first, rather uneventful, pleasant and exciting for us. We began to play with the board at least 3 to 4 times a week, flushing each board down the toilet when we were done and creating a new one with each session.

After the first few sessions it became clear that this entity was NOT particularly friendly. Figure 8s became extremely frequent and cursing became common with the cup moving back and forth between F and U. It was not enough, however, for us to stop using the board. We continued to ask questions, and he would continue to answer them – answers that, after doing a little research, we found to be completely false. He was a liar. When we would confront him about his lies he would respond with H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A. He would, however, answer correctly any question we could verify immediately ie: who was calling on the phone before we answered it.

After some time, it became more difficult to get answers to our questions. This entity would rather just glide over the board creating figure 8s the entire time. We found this rather frustrating and began to use the figure 8s as a ‘reward’ for his answering our questions. This worked quite well for some time. Eventually, we asked him what the figure 8s meant. His response was S-E-X. Of course, after hearing this, we no longer allowed figure 8s to be made on the board and would swiftly remove our hands if he began to form one. There were times that he would move the cup so slowly that it was clear he was trying to ‘trick’ us into figure 8s – almost like a child, pushing to see how far he could go. His attempts at figure 8s persisted throughout our entire experience.

The speed in which the cup moved increased with each use. At one point, the cup would move so fast that it would slip out from underneath our fingers. This happened on many occasions. His spelling was fast and deliberate. Spelling was correct and complete sentences were common. But, there were also times where the cup would swing back and forth from A to Z, back and forth, again and again. I would scold him and tell him to stop spelling nonsense. There were many times were he would claim to be S-A-T-A-N and tell us that he was in H-E-L-L.

As time went on, we became bored with speaking with him over and over and desired to talk with someone new. Time and time again, he would appear. We told him we didn't want to talk to him, but that didn't seem to make any difference to him. We became adamant. He then pretended to be other people, but within minutes he would show his true colours. There were points where we believed we did manage to get someone else, but they would say they were afraid because 'He' was coming....we got no real communication with anyone other than him, despite our efforts.

At one point, we decided we needed to take back some of our control over the situation. We began putting quartz crystals on the table around the board. I also started sending him ‘loving energy’. It is at this point that he became extremely aggressive toward me. He would take the cup and push the crystals off the table. We countered by putting them directly on top of the cup. He would try to ‘shake’ them off. He began calling me a ‘witch’ and a ‘b****’. I was determined not to let him win. He hated me. Alternatively, he became rather infatuated with my friend. He would tell us that he wanted to have 'S-E-X’ with her. I would remind him that he was dead and she was alive and that was not possible. We asked him how he proposed to do that. He responded by saying he would 'K-I-L-L H-E-R’. Again, I told him that wasn’t possible.

One time, I was at my own home and decided to contact him by myself. The cup was slow but he came. He wasn't overly interesting in talking to me, most likely because of the way I had been treating him (crystals, loving energy etc.). His sense was, "What the heck do YOU want?" He was definitely partial to my friend.

Our sessions came to an abrupt end when we asked him how he could possibly kill my friend....he responded with L-O-O-K U-N-D-E-R T-H-E F-R-E-E-Z.............at that point I pulled my hands away and that was the end of that. My friend's freezer sat directly beside her kitchen table. I was not willing to see what he wanted to show us. At that point, I was done -- we were done.

I have had 1 Ouija experience since then, 10 years ago. It was not him.

I realize that my story is so far gone - so much so, that I have never shared it in public -- only to my closest friends. I am a very logical person and lean toward pragmatism in my approach to life and it's mysteries -- truly, I am. However, this is one experience that a pragmatic approach has failed to satisfy. What has prompted me to share, was the eery similarity the stories that are posted here have with my own. This only serves to reaffirm my own experience.

See, I KNEW I wasn't crazy. ;)

• Like 1

So, after reading everyone else's experiences, I am compelled to share my own....hesitantly....but, I will, none the less.

I am 41 years old. I have always been ‘spiritual’ in my adulthood and have explored many different religious avenues. Today, I would say I am as close as I’ve ever been to being agnostic. The one thing that holds me back from becoming an atheist is my experience with Ouija. No one -- not even Stephen Hawking himself – could convince me that what I experienced wasn’t ‘real’.

Thanx for sharing Lanya. That was a very interesting story. So, did you ever find out what was under the freezer???

Sounds terrifying. But I doubt anything was under the freezer. Good way to scare you though!! Jeeze. I had a lot of bad things said with ouija, but nothing like that where I'd remember. These boards aren't toys. I thought they were for so long.

I agree. I think it was just a scare....this has been with me for 15 years. After reading what I've written here it doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as it was....at least for me -- it seems very 'anti-climactic'...lol. Sometimes it's very difficult to put these things into words. I feel a little embarrassed seeing my story here -- the realistic/logical part of me is scoffing at this right now...lol.

No, I know how you feel. That's how I feel about my account too. It sounds a little silly and dramatic now, but totally terrifying is what it was. Difficult to explain the horror of what has happened to us.

Sounds terrifying. But I doubt anything was under the freezer. Good way to scare you though!! Jeeze. I had a lot of bad things said with ouija, but nothing like that where I'd remember. These boards aren't toys. I thought they were for so long.

I agree. I think it was just a scare....this has been with me for 15 years. After reading what I've written here it doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as it was....at least for me -- it seems very 'anti-climactic'...lol. Sometimes it's very difficult to put these things into words. I feel a little embarrassed seeing my story here -- the realistic/logical part of me is scoffing at this right now...lol.

I can see how from your points of view, what you wrote failed to convey the emotions that you felt. Anytime I reread something that I have written, it sounds hollow or trite. But from an objective point of view (as far as there can be one on this board), both of your stories were extremely interesting. I am sure that there were things that you both feel you failed to convey, but being ignorant of the events, I don't recognise their absence. Also, both of your stories were well written and logically laid out. I enjoyed them very much.

James

Thank you! I tried to express it in that way.

Lord no. We never looked. My friend did move from there not long afterward...though we never discussed if there was anything there.

Was this like a normal upright refrigerator? If so he could knock it down as she looked under it to kill her?

Amazing story btw.

You know, admittedly, I thought of that, too. But no, it was a medium sized chest freezer -- still -- we can only really speculate about it these days....and that's not overly comfortable...lol.

To add just a bit to the story, there were times where we would leave him sitting on the board -- on purpose -- to 'punish' him for doing figure 8s or answering questions with lies etc.....we wouldn't say goodbye and just leave the table for an hour at a time. He would still be there when we got back. I guess we felt we would 'tie him up', not let him go, and create a sense of boredom for him because he wasn't able to 'play'. He didn't like that, much.

So there were clear points when we would antagonize him...I was so adamant that I was going to keep control over the situation. Weird, that.

You know, admittedly, I thought of that, too. But no, it was a medium sized chest freezer -- still -- we can only really speculate about it these days....and that's not overly comfortable...lol.

To add just a bit to the story, there were times where we would leave him sitting on the board -- on purpose -- to 'punish' him for doing figure 8s or answering questions with lies etc.....we wouldn't say goodbye and just leave the table for an hour at a time. He would still be there when we got back. I guess we felt we would 'tie him up', not let him go, and create a sense of boredom for him because he wasn't able to 'play'. He didn't like that, much.

So there were clear points when we would antagonize him...I was so adamant that I was going to keep control over the situation. Weird, that.

Good story. The reason why the thing was moving faster as you played was because he was getting stronger the more you talked to him. You said he was going from A to Z over and over again. Do you mean that it was going to the letters A and Z only (over and over again). You know there is a demon called Zaz or Zaza. It could of been one of them or maybe not. That's why the other spirits were probably afraid to communicate with you and told you that "he was coming". :w00t:

As my son said, what can be mystical about a board game made in New Jersey by Parker Brothers?

Beany vs. beenie! :lol:

Think they're going off of the idea that intent is the supernatural force, and the board just happens to be the medium.

Wow,

Obsessive & Layna, ive read your accounts and to be honest, they really creeped me out!!!

I know how i feel just reading them.

To actually experience either one, must have been terrifying.

No wonder you dont use the ouiga board any more.

I also feel both accounts were extremely well written.

Thankyou both for sharing your experiences with us.

nyuk

Beany vs. beenie! :lol:

Think they're going off of the idea that intent is the supernatural force, and the board just happens to be the medium.

That was funny! haha

You don't have the slightest clue. Please log off and go to sleep!!! :rolleyes:

Can you enlighten us with your knowledge then cause i seem to think that the Ouija board is bs of epic proportions too.

Can you enlighten us with your knowledge then cause i seem to think that the Ouija board is bs of epic proportions too.

First, have you ever used the board. Where and when did you use it and for how long and with whom? Also, do you have video evidence to show us that you actually did use it or must we take your "good" word for it? See, the funny thing I noticed about people who claimed to use the board and it didn't work is that they all have 1 thing in common. No visible/video proof of them using the board. Only their word of mouth that we must take as truth. Do you believe its ideomotor or what do you believe?? :rolleyes:

Edited by beenieman

Wow,

Obsessive & Layna, ive read your accounts and to be honest, they really creeped me out!!!

I know how i feel just reading them.

To actually experience either one, must have been terrifying.

No wonder you dont use the ouiga board any more.

I also feel both accounts were extremely well written.

Thankyou both for sharing your experiences with us.

nyuk

You're welcome. It wasn't an easy thing to witness, seeing your best friend in that state of mind and not having any clue as to how to fix it. Especially when I was the one reassuring all the girls that the board was harmless!

First, have you ever used the board. Where and when did you use it and for how long and with whom? Also, do you have video evidence to show us that you actually did use it or must we take your "good" word for it? See, the funny thing I noticed about people who claimed to use the board and it didn't work is that they all have 1 thing in common. No visible/video proof of them using the board. Only their word of mouth that we must take as truth. Do you believe its ideomotor or what do you believe?? :rolleyes:

Good god, this is Unexplained Mysteries. If everyone had to give video proof of anything they say, the amount of topics would be very small. I think it's easier to believe that someone used the board and didn't get any amazing results more than I'd believe someone met the demon Zuzu and it started tormenting them. That doesn't mean I don't believe people have experienced something when using the board. I think it's interesting to try to figure out what made them experience what they did. I understand people like to make things up for different reasons, but that doesn't mean I need to see recorded proof of everything anyone says here. :mellow:

Good god, this is Unexplained Mysteries. If everyone had to give video proof of anything they say, the amount of topics would be very small. I think it's easier to believe that someone used the board and didn't get any amazing results more than I'd believe someone met the demon Zuzu and it started tormenting them. That doesn't mean I don't believe people have experienced something when using the board. I think it's interesting to try to figure out what made them experience what they did. I understand people like to make things up for different reasons, but that doesn't mean I need to see recorded proof of everything anyone says here. :mellow:

The reason I asked for video proof of you and others who "claim" to use the ouija board and it didn't work is because most people who "claim" to use the ouija board in my opinion are outright liars. Especially the ones who say it didn't work. We must always take their word for it, but when someone tells an amazing ouija story most call for actual proof of this event happening. To date, I have seen 2 people on youtube who posted videos of their ouijing and they claimed that it didn't work. If you see these videos they are quite hilarious. The 1st person has a ouija board infront of them in their fully lit living room. Next to him, he has about 3 full to half full beer bottles. He's obviously drunk and he's screaming at the ouija board to work and then claim its fake because it's not moving by itself as he screams at the board in a drunken state. Lol.

Another girl had a ouija board in front of her for like 3 minutes max and was screaming at the board to work. Screaming "you stupid board, why don't you work", "ghost are scared of me". Mostly a bunch of nonsense. These are 2 people who offered video evidence of the ouija not working for them. Both of the videos were laughable and it was quite obvious why the ouija never worked for them. They never took it seriously. The point I'm trying to make is I believe most of the people who claim to use the ouija and it didn't work are people who never really took it seriously to see if the ouija board does work. Most are downright frauds. That's why I would love to see video proof of the people who claim that the ouija didn't work for them. I would love to see how they played the "ouija" game and confirm my suspicions.

The reason I asked for video proof of you and others who "claim" to use the ouija board and it didn't work is because most people who "claim" to use the ouija board in my opinion are outright liars. Especially the ones who say it didn't work. We must always take their word for it, but when someone tells an amazing ouija story most call for actual proof of this event happening. To date, I have seen 2 people on youtube who posted videos of their ouijing and they claimed that it didn't work. If you see these videos they are quite hilarious. The 1st person has a ouija board infront of them in their fully lit living room. Next to him, he has about 3 full to half full beer bottles. He's obviously drunk and he's screaming at the ouija board to work and then claim its fake because it's not moving by itself as he screams at the board in a drunken state. Lol.

Another girl had a ouija board in front of her for like 3 minutes max and was screaming at the board to work. Screaming "you stupid board, why don't you work", "ghost are scared of me". Mostly a bunch of nonsense. These are 2 people who offered video evidence of the ouija not working for them. Both of the videos were laughable and it was quite obvious why the ouija never worked for them. They never took it seriously. The point I'm trying to make is I believe most of the people who claim to use the ouija and it didn't work are people who never really took it seriously to see if the ouija board does work. Most are downright frauds. That's why I would love to see video proof of the people who claim that the ouija didn't work for them. I would love to see how they played the "ouija" game and confirm my suspicions.

Maybe the problem is that we who dont believe they work need to know HOW they work if they work at all....then take it from there.If anyone can explain how you can interact with another realm or wherever the demons/spirits dwell by using a Ouija board then we may be more inclined to listen and not dismiss it as fakery...im not insulting anyone who believes but i for one would genuinely like to know.

The reason I asked for video proof of you and others who "claim" to use the ouija board and it didn't work is because most people who "claim" to use the ouija board in my opinion are outright liars.

I've used it many times.

Sometimes, odd things have happened, as I've documented a few pages back, but more often than not, NOTHING has happened.

And while I've had odd things happen on a few occasions, I've still yet to have any 'messages' spelt out to me, or to actually directly 'talk' to anything on the board. And I've been using them over 10 years.

The odd things I've experienced while using them are sounds that cannot be placed, lights flicking etc

I've never, ever had anything answer any questions, 'talk' to me or spell things out for me.

And yes, I always take it seriously. So now what? Am I liar? And let me remind you, I do believe it is possible to communicate with spirits via this board, so Im not a skeptic, Im just telling you that, despite my desire to have something happen, it only has on one occasion.

And that wasn't even something that happened 'on the board' but rather outside the window.

I've used it many times.

Sometimes, odd things have happened, as I've documented a few pages back, but more often than not, NOTHING has happened.

And while I've had odd things happen on a few occasions, I've still yet to have any 'messages' spelt out to me, or to actually directly 'talk' to anything on the board. And I've been using them over 10 years.

The odd things I've experienced while using them are sounds that cannot be placed, lights flicking etc

I've never, ever had anything answer any questions, 'talk' to me or spell things out for me.

And yes, I always take it seriously. So now what? Am I liar? And let me remind you, I do believe it is possible to communicate with spirits via this board, so Im not a skeptic, Im just telling you that, despite my desire to have something happen, it only has on one occasion.

And that wasn't even something that happened 'on the board' but rather outside the window.

Questions:

1. Who are you using the ouija board with? Are you using it by yourself?

2. Where are you using the ouija board? Are you using it in the same place everytime?

3. What time of day do you use the ouija board? Do you always use it at the same time of day??

4. You've used it for 10 years? Like how, every day, every weekend, once in a blue moon?

5. Did you buy a board? Did you make it yourself??