Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

yes, rather encouraging. Perhaps the people are beginning to not just lay down and put up with the bull from the Law Enforcement Authorities any more.

Who'd want to be a policeman in today's world ?

Who'd want to be a policeman in today's world ?

And have unlimited power and be virtually answerable to nobody? I should think a lot of people would.

A man shoots an officer in the side of his chest with a handgun, and gets shot in return and dies. How is that abuse? Really, I want to know.

Oh wait… I mean how dare those officers defend themselves from a would be cop-killer.

Edited by Odin11

I'm glad they shot the guy with the gun that's just the police doing their job,the question that needs to be asked is why didn't they shoot the looters?

That area has a lot of troubled past.

Edited by Erix

And have unlimited power and be virtually answerable to nobody? I should think a lot of people would.

So...you haven't been reading the weekly threads on how a cop just got busted because he shot, cuffed, looked at someone the wrong way?

Cops certainly have power, though it is strictly regulated and requires much paperwork everytime they use it. And the statement about being answerable to no one is so idiotic I won't even attempt to explain that process. In addition to the above imaginary benefits that all cops get, of course, is the constant danger of being a law enforcement official, the sneers, indignant responses from anyone who believes that because there are killers and kidnappers out there, they should get a free pass for speeding down a motorway, the ones who pay lip service to how wonderful individual cops are and follow it up with paragraphs on how all cops in general are corrupt donut-eaters who only wear the uniform of their country to indulge in blatant abuse of the powers for their own jollies.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to be a cop? All play and no work. All respect, and no jacks to deal with, ever. Want to vacation whenever you want? Go for it! Kid wants to go to a special college? Of course he can! Don't like that ass who just jumped up on the table and made squealing sounds in your direction, to the delight of his friends? Shoot him! No one will mind.

Some people can be cops. Some people can't. Some try and fail, others try and succeed.

Then you got the ones who sit in the peanut gallery and jeer all of them just for the heck of it.

So...you haven't been reading the weekly threads on how a cop just got busted because he shot, cuffed, looked at someone the wrong way?

Cops certainly have power, though it is strictly regulated and requires much paperwork everytime they use it. And the statement about being answerable to no one is so idiotic I won't even attempt to explain that process. In addition to the above imaginary benefits that all cops get, of course, is the constant danger of being a law enforcement official, the sneers, indignant responses from anyone who believes that because there are killers and kidnappers out there, they should get a free pass for speeding down a motorway, the ones who pay lip service to how wonderful individual cops are and follow it up with paragraphs on how all cops in general are corrupt donut-eaters who only wear the uniform of their country to indulge in blatant abuse of the powers for their own jollies.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to be a cop? All play and no work. All respect, and no jacks to deal with, ever. Want to vacation whenever you want? Go for it! Kid wants to go to a special college? Of course he can! Don't like that ass who just jumped up on the table and made squealing sounds in your direction, to the delight of his friends? Shoot him! No one will mind.

Some people can be cops. Some people can't. Some try and fail, others try and succeed.

Then you got the ones who sit in the peanut gallery and jeer all of them just for the heck of it.

Do you now ths histroy of this area? No

Do you know anything about what happened on Thursday? No

Armed black gangs roam the area so the police respond with special armed units.This shooting was linked to just such a unit.Stories abound but the truth will out in a few days.

Trouble is by clamping down on these gangs, local black youths are constantly being searched on the streets.This has led to a hatred of the cops even by law abiding locals.If I was a black lad getting searched 3/4 times a week,I guess I would feel picked on too.

The habit of these youths helping themselves to new TVs and computers doesn't do their cause any good though.That isn't protesting your unfair treatment,it's just common or garden thieving.

You HAVE to break the back of these gangs but in doing so upset everyone else...A shooting like this gives an excuse for the local youths to riot against authority...nothing unusual in that.Catch 22 for the cops.

In an hour of BBC news in the middle of the night the word 'black' wasn't mentioned once...this PC stupidity does nobody any favours.

Armed black gangs roam the area so the police respond with special armed units.This shooting was linked to just such a unit.Stories abound but the truth will out in a few days.

Trouble is by clamping down on these gangs, local black youths are constantly being searched on the streets.This has led to a hatred of the cops even by law abiding locals.If I was a black lad getting searched 3/4 times a week,I guess I would feel picked on too.

The habit of these youths helping themselves to new TVs and computers doesn't do their cause any good though.That isn't protesting your unfair treatment,it's just common or garden thieving.

You HAVE to break the back of these gangs but in doing so upset everyone else...A shooting like this gives an excuse for the local youths to riot against authority...nothing unusual in that.Catch 22 for the cops.

In an hour of BBC news in the middle of the night the word 'black' wasn't mentioned once...this PC stupidity does nobody any favours.

You do realise this area is mixed race? Most are Eastern Europeans.

A man shoots an officer in the side of his chest with a handgun, and gets shot in return and dies. How is that abuse? Really, I want to know.

Oh wait… I mean how dare those officers defend themselves from a would be cop-killer.

am glad you raised those points.

as for the riot itself, rioters once they turn violent and start causing destruction like we seen in tottenham last night they the police should start shooting rioters.

if you live in tottenham dont you just love the smell of multiculturalism in the morning.

Edited by stevewinn

Do you now ths histroy of this area? No

Do you know anything about what happened on Thursday? No

It is a lot easier to refuse to believe anyone else could understand, isn't it?

You do realise this area is mixed race? Most are Eastern Europeans.

Who are, to be honest, model citizens, wherever they inv... immigrate. :rolleyes:

Only I seriously doubt they’d be doing mixed rioting.

am glad you raised those points.

as for the riot itself, rioters once they turn violent and start causing destruction like we seen in tottenham last night they the police should start shooting rioters.

if you live in tottenham dont you just love the smell of multiculturalism in the morning.

Alf Garnett was right ? :hmm:

Kinda weird how people can justify the frustrations of a small group, over the implementation of Operation Trident, to destroy completely innocent people's homes and business's (oh and of course the odd plasma tv...what's the world coming to if you can't have a riot and get a free tv out of it)....they had some real forward thinkers in that group last night didn't they! Don't it make you proud to be human....

Alf Garnett was right ? :hmm:

enoch you mean.

:unsure:

enoch you mean.

Yeah, I thought about Enoch Powell too. I think he was accused of being the "Alf Garnett of British politics" at one point. It is unfashionable to say anything against multi-culturalism, but I can't say the experiment has been a great success in too many places, from my observation. Which is an opinion that gets you branded a racist by trendies who are usually conveniently living well away from the interfaces of inter-racial tension.

hmmm... when something similar happened in Athens about two years ago everybody was claiming around here that it was the beginning of a popular uprising, so you chaps gonna have your revolution over there?

:unsure: Yeah, I thought about Enoch Powell too. I think he was accused of being the "Alf Garnett of British politics" at one point. It is unfashionable to say anything against multi-culturalism, but I can't say the experiment has been a great success in too many places, from my observation. Which is an opinion that gets you branded a racist by trendies who are usually conveniently living well away from the interfaces of inter-racial tension.

yep totally agree.

hmmm... when something similar happened in Athens about two years ago everybody was claiming around here that it was the beginning of a popular uprising, so you chaps gonna have your revolution over there?

cant compare the two Q,

yep totally agree.

cant compare the two Q,

Yes you can, in fact it was the same that caused it, a gangster got shot and his friends start rioting.

Ah, just watched the BBC report & all becomes clear. It was all the polices fault...'the police were too heavy handed' no wait....'the police didn't go in hard enough'

or 'police relations with the community(sic) were very good'..no wait 'police relations with the community were poor'. Lets face it whichever way it goes the police are screwed.

Simple summery :- Gangs of predominantly black feral youths saw an opportunity to stock up with the latest LCD widescreen t.v. or Nike trainers without having to pay for it & also lob a brick at a policeman just for the crack. Expect more tonight, plenty more goodies to be had & more shops to be looted & afterall they probably don't need to worry about getting up early for work tomorrow morning.

I'd be sh*ting myself if i owned an electrical store or sports shop in Tottenham tonight.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

When I first heard about this early this morning, it put me to mind of the riots in LA over the Rodney King verdict but this is not at all similar to what happened in London. US news, as far as I can see, isn't reporting who shot first or what happened that caused the police to stop this man, but it sounds as though the killing was in response to the deceased opening fire on the police. Most major cities have police special units that operate in areas of high gang-infested activity. Not knowing the circumstances surrounding the original incident I'd have to go out on a limb here and say that this was not an inappropriate response by the police. I don't understand what people like this think they can accomplish by burning down their own neighborhoods. It's the innocent shop owners and homeowners in the area that the police should be protecting. Not all residents are criminals and keeping a close watch on the ones that are known to be is the job of the police, not taking bullets over a perceived race war.

When I first heard about this early this morning, it put me to mind of the riots in LA over the Rodney King verdict but this is not at all similar to what happened in London. US news, as far as I can see, isn't reporting who shot first or what happened that caused the police to stop this man, but it sounds as though the killing was in response to the deceased opening fire on the police. Most major cities have police special units that operate in areas of high gang-infested activity. Not knowing the circumstances surrounding the original incident I'd have to go out on a limb here and say that this was not an inappropriate response by the police. I don't understand what people like this think they can accomplish by burning down their own neighborhoods. It's the innocent shop owners and homeowners in the area that the police should be protecting. Not all residents are criminals and keeping a close watch on the ones that are known to be is the job of the police, not taking bullets over a perceived race war.

Mark Duggan, 29, was in a car being followed by police during a covert operation on Thursday.

But Duggan, a known offender from London’s notorious Broadwater Farm Estate, became aware that he was being followed and opened fire on the officers.

He shot the officer from Scotland Yard’s elite firearms squad CO19 in the side of his chest with a handgun.

post-39751-0-01853700-1312726299_thumb.j

A pillar of the 'community' & a great loss no doubt.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Mark Duggan, 29, was in a car being followed by police during a covert operation on Thursday.

But Duggan, a known offender from London’s notorious Broadwater Farm Estate, became aware that he was being followed and opened fire on the officers.

He shot the officer from Scotland Yard’s elite firearms squad CO19 in the side of his chest with a handgun.

post-39751-0-01853700-1312726299_thumb.j

A pillar of the 'community' & a great loss no doubt.

Then in my own opinion, police were perfectly justified in taking him down. No excessive force on their part.