Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

Then in my own opinion, police were perfectly justified in taking him down. No excessive force on their part.

Hmm...yes, I think the chances of him going on to discover a cure for cancer (or anything benefitting society) were pretty slim.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

hmmm... when something similar happened in Athens about two years ago everybody was claiming around here that it was the beginning of a popular uprising, so you chaps gonna have your revolution over there?

So what are you saying Q, you think they had every right to burn Tottenham down?

So what are you saying Q, you think they had every right to burn Tottenham down?

I a just wondering why certain people have not yet mounted their traditional "End of Europe" circus over this.

I a just wondering why certain people have not yet mounted their traditional "End of Europe" circus over this.

Probably because this was a small group of moronic half-wits, with all the nouse and intelligence of plywood, and not anything to do with Europe...

Probably because this was a small group of moronic half-wits, with all the nouse and intelligence of plywood, and not anything to do with Europe...

Does not stop them when something similar happens in France or Greece or Spain or......

The one aspect of this that makes me smile is that these idiots obviously do not adhere to the old adage of "not sh*tting in your own nest"

All they have achieved is to hurry along the process of turning their little bit of London into the ghetto that it will inevitably become.

Good for them. What's your point?

Comprehension weak?

Comprehension weak?

Clearly. Then again you could always try just answering the question, that would be a novel approach wouldn't it. So again, what has anti-europe rants got to do with this? So you say it doesn't stop those with that mentality coming out on the streets when similar things happen abroad, but it didn't here....so that can mean one of two things - the anti europe brigade aren't that big here, or people can see this for what it is, thugs trashing an area for no other reason then they could....

So again, what was your point?

Clearly. Then again you could always try just answering the question, that would be a novel approach wouldn't it. So again, what has anti-europe rants got to do with this? So you say it doesn't stop those with that mentality coming out on the streets when similar things happen abroad, but it didn't here....so that can mean one of two things - the anti europe brigade aren't that big here, or people can see this for what it is, thugs trashing an area for no other reason then they could....

So again, what was your point?

My point is that certain members of this forum use similar occurrences in continental Europe to proclaim the end of the EU. Now, if your attention span would go over the immediate, or you would have bothered to read this thread from the beginning I would not have to type this again boring everybody else.

My point is that certain members of this forum use similar occurrences in continental Europe to proclaim the end of the EU. Now, if your attention span would go over the immediate, or you would have bothered to read this thread from the beginning I would not have to type this again boring everybody else.

I have read it from the beginning thanks. Do they, right, ok, well maybe those riots brought many more people onto the streets, and had motives that lead them that way - this wasn't the case with this riot, so why are you trying to make a connection that clearly isn't there?

This is just a link to the US version of the flash mob which has been plaguing cities here all summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2Smuf7kFU

These kids act totally uncivilized under a mob mentality and then they want to cry if the police take action to stop them. Tolerance is tolerance and brutality is brutality. Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. The economy stinks for all of us but we aren't burning our communities down or robbing anyone who passes our way. The people who are doing this aren't even the ones bearing the tax burdens. Police should respond and if fire departments are put under attack, turn the hoses on them. You're absolutely right itsnotoutthere. Wow, I just burned my apartment building down and I now have to walk 10 blocks to buy milk cause my store's gone too, but at least I got this big screen TV.

yes, rather encouraging. Perhaps the people are beginning to not just lay down and put up with the bull from the Law Enforcement Authorities any more.

If the guy who was shot by the police hadn't been a violent thug in the first place then he would never have got shot. The police were just doing their job, which is to keep us safe.

I have read it from the beginning thanks. Do they, right, ok, well maybe those riots brought many more people onto the streets, and had motives that lead them that way - this wasn't the case with this riot, so why are you trying to make a connection that clearly isn't there?

So it is attention span? Thanks for clearing that up, we will behave according to your deficit.

I'm glad they shot the guy with the gun that's just the police doing their job,the question that needs to be asked is why didn't they shoot the looters?

Because, unfortunately, British riot police don't carry guns. The only things they have to defend themselves with are batons.

So it is attention span? Thanks for clearing that up, we will behave according to your deficit.

Grow up. Your inability to explain why you are trying to turn this thread into another subject is noted though. Thanks.

So what are police supposed to do now when they get shot at?

These hooligans need to rounded up.

So what are police supposed to do now when they get shot at?

These hooligans need to rounded up.

They should put the kid gloves on, sit down and chat to them, after all it's not the thugs fault, he probably had a hard upbringing, bless him...

Grow up. Your inability to explain why you are trying to turn this thread into another subject is noted though. Thanks.

No problem, but it would help if you get into a discussion when you know what aspect is being discussed. That way all those who know what it is about don't have to waste their time on inconsequential posts.

This whole event is ridiculous. A man shoots a policeman and is shot himself. I see nothing wrong with this. In fact I would be extremely concerned about the state of policing in this country if the police did not react as so.

And the ensuing riot is pathetic. These thugs aren't after 'justice' (there is none to be had, the shot man deserved to be shot), rather they are taking advantage of the situation and using the guise of anger at the police to loot and commit acts of violence. And all of this just goes to show that the rule of law is the only thing standing between large sections of society and barbaric anarchy. Lock them all up.

Edited by Dirty Bubble

No problem, but it would help if you get into a discussion when you know what aspect is being discussed. That way all those who know what it is about don't have to waste their time on inconsequential posts.

I know, my fault, i've just been informed you bang your European drum on any thread you can, irrespective of the relevance. Now I know that I won't waste time asking you to explain your bizarre unrelated points :tu: ....I'll leave you to get back to banging that drum again :)

name='Erix' timestamp='1312707844' post='4013405']

Do you now ths histroy of this area? No

Do you know anything about what happened on Thursday? No

I'll tell you what happened.

The scumbag Mark Duggan was shot dead by police because he started firing at them. He was in a minicab and started shooting at police officers. One bullet got lodged in a police officer's radio. The cops fired back and killed him. He got what he deserved. But if it wasn't Mark Duggan who did the shooting, it was the driver of the minicab. Either way, the police were justified in shooting at the minicab after coming underfire. I have no sympathy for Duggan and the police have done their job in taking a violent thug off our streets forever.

Here's a great article:

These riots were about race. Why ignore the fact?

By Katharine Birbalsingh

7th August 2011

The Telegraph

Picture-36.png

Katharine Birbalsingh is the teacher who exposed the failings of the comprehensive school system at the Conservative Party conference last year. Katharine has been teaching in inner London for over a decade and plans to set up a Free School in south London to help to serve underprivileged children. Her book, To Miss with Love, is out now. Follow @Miss_Snuffy on Twitter to see what Katharine's doing now. Katharine's personal website is www.katharinebirbalsingh.com.

Screen-shot-2011-08-07-at-18.09.32.png

A burnt-out carpet warehouse in Tottenham (Photo: Getty)

What colour is Mark Duggan? Mark Duggan is the man who was shot dead by the police on Thursday in Tottenham. The Tottenham riots last night were sparked when people protested his death. This morning, I first heard of the riots on the radio, then on the television. I read articles on the internet. But oddly, no one would say what colour Mark Duggan was. No one would say the unsayable, that the rioters were, I suspect on the whole, black. Then, finally, Toby Youngs Telegraph blog post on the riots was published. Is Toby Young the only journalist out there who will dare say that these riots are about race?

Still, one paper did carry a photo of Mr Duggan. When I saw the photo, it confirmed what I knew instinctively: black youths once again have set London alight.

Some of the black kids I used to teach will tell you that the riots are absolutely justified. A number of adults would agree with them. Everywhere I read that the protest was understandable because people are very angry.

Id like to know what theyre angry about. Mark Duggan is dead. He was shot by the police in a shootout. Duggan was in a minicab and shots were fired from both the cab and the police elsewhere. A police officer was hurt in the incident and a bullet was found lodged in a police radio. Either Duggan was shooting at the police or the driver of the minicab was. Either Duggan was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his death is a terrible tragedy he was caught in the crossfire or he shot at the police and the police defended themselves. Whatever the explanation, the police did not kill this man in cold blood.

Yet, a friend of Duggan who gave her name as Niki, 53, said marchers had wanted justice for the family and something had to be done. She said some of them lay in the road to make their point. Theyre making their presence known because people are not happy. This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things but he was not an aggressive person. He had never hurt anyone.

I wonder what involved in things means? I also wonder whether the police officer who was hurt at the scene believes Mark Duggan never hurt anyone. Something had to be done? She makes it sound as if the police are killing black people every other weekend and finally someone decided to take a stand.

At school I remember watching a presentation given to the kids by Trident, the Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform communities of gun crime in Londons black community. I didnt know what Trident was then, and it struck me that all of the photos of people shot (the idea was to scare the kids) were black. So at the end, I approached one of the policemen and asked him what percentage of those involved in gun crime were black. I kid you not, but my question made this thirty-something white man who was, after all, trained to deal with the black community and its issues, turn pink.

He explained that about 80 per cent of gun crime took place in the black community. I smiled uncomfortably. But no, he said, it was worse than that. Then he told me that 80 per cent was black on black gun crime, and that of the remaining 20 per cent about 75 per cent involved at least one black person: black shooting white, or white shooting black. I pushed to know more. While he kept saying his stats were crude and he didnt have scientific numbers, on the whole the whites who were involved in these shootings tended to be from Eastern Europe.

Was any of this ever mentioned in their presentation? Of course not. Just like the news about the Tottenham riots doesnt mention race either.

Problems cannot be addressed unless people are willing to tell the truth. As with so many other things in this country, we stick our heads in the sand and refuse to speak out about it.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/katharinebirbalsingh/100099830/these-riots-were-about-race-why-ignore-the-fact/

Edited by Blackwhite

Tbh Blackwhite, I think the points raised in the article are missing the overall point, and Trident misses the point, if anything it gives ammo to the police hatred by bringing colour into it..(even if it's relevant). The reason I say that is because this is a gang culture issue, and more specifically a lifestyle of easy cash, and guns.....it was no different when I was growing up in South London, crack dealing and cash, and the guns that follow are a way of life. I think if they scrapped Trident, and went ruthlessly after gangs, class A dealers, etc, then the colour card couldn't be played by the 'victims', cause it is a problem on most run down estates in this country...and when I say go after them ruthlessly, I do mean ruthlessly...

I know, my fault, i've just been informed you bang your European drum on any thread you can, irrespective of the relevance. Now I know that I won't waste time asking you to explain your bizarre unrelated points :tu: ....I'll leave you to get back to banging that drum again :)

Nice, but if somebody tells you that I drum the European drum they have informed you wrongly. I just have lots of fun pointing out to anti-Europeans their fallacious thoughts.

Nice, but if somebody tells you that I drum the European drum they have informed you wrongly. I just have lots of fun pointing out to anti-Europeans their fallacious thoughts.

Of which they have many. I have read this forum for a few years before signing up recently and must say Questionmark that I do enjoy your posts. They are a breath of fresh air among those who seem to have an allergic reaction to our continental neighbours.

Edited by Dirty Bubble