Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

Innocent people minding their own business don't tend be wearing hooded tops and running in groups...i'm sure they could work out who's who ;)

They're breaking into people's houses now, setting fire to homes as well as business's, and trashing every car they see....drastic actions calls for drastic measures....slot a few of them, make them **** scared, hunt the rest down..

A lot of what I see is chaos. You have to remember people are running from thesse buildings for their lives as well. If you start shooting innocent people could get hit in the crossfire.

It's insane.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

Sounds like the UK version of the L.A. riots of the 90's.

.....Although Tottenham is a cultural centre.....

Can I pull you up there Blackwhite ?

Tottenham is by NO means a cultural centre. It is a down-at-heel, ugly London suburb of no distinction, other than for having London's highest unemployment rate and a high gang-related crime rate. It may be a "Multicultural" centre (in the sense of the large number of ethnic groups there), but it is CERTAINLY not a 'cultural' centre.

meow purr :)

Why haven't the army been called in!?? Aldershot army barracks are only 30 mins away.

There are pockets of arson attacks going off randomly everywhere, police can't contain the violence because they are so streched. It took 2hrs for the police to become present in Clapham.

Update- someone has just been shot in Croydon.

the goverment are wary of using the army im a public order role on the mainland because they are not covered by the same restrictions by the police when used in that role. i believe however

the goverments position on this is utter b******s .there are thousands of professional people in this country trained in riot control police ,army and prison service .PUT THEM ON THE STREETS AND SORT THESE IDIOTS OUT BEFORE DOZENS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE .

Softly,softly don't work no more, apparently. :cry:

PM still on summer holidays ? :huh:

And it's not full moon yet, batten down the hatches !

Guest Lottie
As part of the ongoing operation to protect London, more than 1700 extra officers have been deployed tonight. Met officers are working alongside colleagues from City of London Police and British Transport Police.

Mutual aid has been received and is ongoing from:

· Thames Valley Police

· Kent

· Essex

· Hampshire

· Surrey

· Northamptonshire

· Cambridgeshire

· Suffolk

· Sussex

Twelve specially-trained public order units are included in the mutual aid provision.

And these guys... The Turkish community of Dalston are chasing away rioters.

post-2592-0-82648600-1312849635_thumb.jp

Went to the movies after work and just got home. I just hope everyone is staying safe and these attacks end soon. Looked at sky news and I couldn't believe the ages of some of the kids that were in the report. Appealing to those parents is way too little too late. The police have got to be allowed to move and it's good to hear that some communities are fighting back Lottie. I remember having many conversations here on UM about the yobs and how people couldn't defend their homes or property against them. It sounded like these kids just ran wild. That isn't right. Hopefully the government will begin to do something about this.

Its time to bring the Military in now....scare the living daylights out the little thieving blighter's.

Watching the events of last night in London - and other places - take hold, was very unimpressed at the "talking heads" that slunk out of the woodwork to give excuses for why so many people rioted. Ohh yes, it's all someone else's fault that they've decided to destroy other's homes, businesses, transport, and so forth. It's the cuts by government, it's the police for not doing or listening to us.....

Garbage. It's just bloody neds thinking that this is our chance to cause a lot of trouble.

And this morning listened to the likes of Dianne Abbot and then Teresa May give out the basic politician's response. In other words, talk in a banal fashion without actually doing anything. I liked the whole use of the term: "We police by consent in the UK." (paraphrase)

So when challenged by one of the news media to why not deploy water cannon or even baton rounds, that got very short shrift. Even though, as was pointed out, if it's asked for by the public (Okay, not by a large majority, but still!) is that not consent, our brave fearless politicans hummed and hawed over that. Personally, I say it's time that the velvet glove is put away, and the iron guantlet brought out. If I, in my right wing to hell with civil liberties frame of mind was in charge, well, let's say that tonight things would be different.

I say that perhaps it is time to bring the hammer down. What I would do is deploy military personnel along side the police. Arm them with a mix of baton rounds and paintball weapons. As soon as another little mob starts up, deploy sections of this force on the streets, and issue a new rule of engagement.

Anyone in a mask, you will be fired upon.

Anyone throwing a missle, be it a brick, bin or stick, you will be fired upon.

Anyone setting fire to anything, you will be fired upon.

Anyone smashing windows, setting fire to property, guess what. You will be fired upon.

The fact that baton rounds and pellets fired by paintball markers leave one hell of a bruise - in the case of baton rounds, can kill - means that afterwards we can then identify the rioters, and then put them to justice.

And to add final insult to what will be mass injury, if you are one of these little sods in the riot that's causing the trouble and are injured, then you will have no recourse to sue or bring action against the police. The fact you are causing trouble, are masked, and frankly are an annoying little sod means you wave goodbye to any of the rights enjoyed by the behaving majority in this country.

Yes, the message above means I'm advocating a very "robust" response, and should not be the way we deal with this sort of trouble in the UK. But frankly it's time we stopped being nice and "understanding the pain" that thugs like this are using for an excuse, and make them fear retribution. Yes, this is one step away from a police state, but in times of crisis like this, civil liberties are something that should be removed from those who think that the law cannot touch them.

Edited by Shayde

And these guys... The Turkish community of Dalston are chasing away rioters.

protecting their heroin trade.

Copy cat tactics, they all think it's a video game or something?

Look at the little scarf faced b******* laughing as they break more windows and steal other peoples property, they need a taser between the eyes, scum pure scummy arseholes. Sadly it's the world over of late, not just the UK.

Sounds like the UK version of the L.A. riots of the 90's.

Either that or 'Rise of the planet of the apes' :lol:

Obviously a bunch of people who think they have nothing to lose by looting, though when CCTV recordings are scrutinised,they may find differently.

It won't be solved the way things are currently done. Being in a gang is a different world, and mentality, they don't fear the public, or the law and police, all they fear are other gangs - until the police get the powers to make them fear them, the trend won't change.

This!

Either that or 'Rise of the planet of the apes' :lol:

No racism or you will be reported.

No racism or you will be reported.

Whoa..hang on! you made that mental connection, not me. I was merely drawing a comparison between a bunch of animals on the rampage & a bunch of feral youths behaving like animals on the rampage.....what was going through your head exactly?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Just saw a video on the morning news.

A man, slumped in a pool of blood is helped to his feet by a gang of hooded, masked men, who then proceed to rifle through the concussed mans back-pack and steal everything whislt he staggers around bleeding.

Its sickening.

Whoa..hang on! you made that mental connection, not me. I was merely drawing a comparison between a bunch of animals on the rampage & a bunch of feral youths behaving like animals on the rampage.....what was going through your head exactly?

Most of the thugs are black.

Most of the thugs are black.

and.....