Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

Well if you're in Manchester then you know what is happening, to me its a rumour.

I'm in work though so not really out on the streets hearing or seeing what's going on.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

My only input for this thread is that I hope all our UM friends stay safe.

:)

Nibs

Guest Lottie

Its about poverty. Its no coincidence that the areas that have flared up contain some of the poorest areas of the country.

While I'm not defending the actions of the last couple of days, at all, you wouldn't find this in an area where the young population had a decent education and support in finding work. You just wouldn't. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those fighting left school young and have never worked.

This is what happens when people are given nothing to care about.

I don't entirely agree that this is to do with poverty. The rioting goes across the board, whether the areas are poor or not. There have been many areas that are affluent particularly in comparison to Tottenham and hackney. Many of these kids are coming in from other areas and have nothing to do with the communities they are trashing. This is just bored mindless thuggery. They think they can get away with it because what's the worst that will happen? A slap on the wrist and community service for 48 hours.

On a more positive note.

My link

Over the past 14 years I've lived in Tottenham, Brixton, Bow and Walthamstow. This is not about race, nor really about police harassment. Its about poverty. Its no coincidence that the areas that have flared up contain some of the poorest areas of the country.

While I'm not defending the actions of the last couple of days, at all, you wouldn't find this in an area where the young population had a decent education and support in finding work. You just wouldn't. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those fighting left school young and have never worked.

This is what happens when people are given nothing to care about.

I agree.... when the money stops flowing to the man on the street the blood begins to flow in the streets. We've witnessed the same rioters and looters hijack protests in Greece recently and all across the ME and parts of Africa. The people know the score.... when a small percentage of people control most of the action and have had their pleas ignored by their governments it's a recipe for violent acts. Expect more of this behavior to erupt in European countries and North America once drastic cuts to entitlement programs and new taxation are implemented in the very near future.... especially the USA.

Edited by acidhead

This came across my dashboard at Tumblr. I wanted to share this with you guys:

tumblr_lpmwtvSOC91qjb7x3o1_500.gif

I also came across two pictures that show The London Eye on fire but the picture was a fake.

yes, rather encouraging. Perhaps the people are beginning to not just lay down and put up with the bull from the Law Enforcement Authorities any more.

I agree that not taking any more crap from law officers that abuse their power is one thing but how is looting and destroying personal property going to make a statement. I feel that it is a mob instinct and nothing but Hooliganism.

I agree.... when the money stops flowing to the man on the street the blood begins to flow in the streets. We've witnessed the same rioters and looters hijack protests in Greece recently and all across the ME and parts of Africa. The people know the score.... when a small percentage of people control most of the action and have had their pleas ignored by their governments it's a recipe for violent acts. Expect more of this behavior to erupt in European countries and North America once drastic cuts to entitlement programs and new taxation are implemented in the very near future.... especially the USA.

Hi, I dont agree. I also dont agree with Emma Acids comment 'This is what happens when people are given nothing to care about'.

In fact this angers me.....people should stand up and be counted, look for work, there are plenty of jobs. If you gave jobs to everyone of these 'youths' how many would be still in that job in one months time....very few IMO.

I always feel its pass the buck time when it comes to these youths and everyone is to blame apart from them.

So all this violence and destruction will create more even wealth and jobs? try the opposite as a more likely result.

When a majority of these youths are aged under 16 how can we blame a lack of jobs or education.

Everyone has a chance in life here in the UK. There are those that take their chances and there are those who are too stupid and lazy and will always look for the quick buck.

Hi, I dont agree. I also dont agree with Emma Acids comment 'This is what happens when people are given nothing to care about'.

In fact this angers me.....people should stand up and be counted, look for work, there are plenty of jobs. If you gave jobs to everyone of these 'youths' how many would be still in that job in one months time....very few IMO.

I always feel its pass the buck time when it comes to these youths and everyone is to blame apart from them.

So all this violence and destruction will create more even wealth and jobs? try the opposite as a more likely result.

When a majority of these youths are aged under 16 how can we blame a lack of jobs or education.

Everyone has a chance in life here in the UK. There are those that take their chances and there are those who are too stupid and lazy and will always look for the quick buck.

i wouldnt waste your time on acidhead mate....he cries and gets you banned if you show his argument to be groundless. he also works to a different agenda than the rest of us.

Confirmed: Stand off between police and youths in Salford, Manchester

mcdonalds in cheetham hill was looted about an hour ago...now on fire.

i wouldnt waste your time on acidhead mate....he cries and gets you banned if you show his argument to be groundless. he also works to a different agenda than the rest of us.

Can you take a picture? If not how far is it from you?

Can you take a picture? If not how far is it from you?

about 800 miles mate!

:lol:

i'm in west london.

manc lads on football forum confirming this for me.

about 800 miles mate!

i'm in west london.

manc lads on football forum confirming this for me.

:lol: does the zoom on your camera not work :P

Listen bud... What happening there is wrong. I hope we can agree on this. The assaults on people simply attacked for walking home and businesses and homes looted and torched does nothing for these mobs.

The point I'm making and agreeing with Emma_acid is that the people know the score. They know that their economic futures look bleak because of decisions made by people who control most of the economic action and they're being charged with paying for it.

Take for example the protests in London earlier this year over the increase in tuition. Remember that?.... when Prince Charles and his mistress were attacked?

This economic problem is, sorry to say, going to go global.... unless of course, the banksters get what they want -a new global monetary system.

Dekker87, you are responsible for your own actions which is why you were put in TO

The point I'm making and agreeing with Emma_acid is that the people know the score. They know that their economic futures look bleak because of decisions made by people who control most of the economic action and they're being charged with paying for it.

most of these looters age from 13 to about 18.....these kids aren't motivated by the state of the economy.

Listen bud... What happening there is wrong. I hope we can agree on this. The assaults on people simply attacked for walking home and businesses and homes looted and torched does nothing for these mobs.

Take for example the protests in London earlier this year over the increase in tuition. Remember that?.... when Prince Charles and his mistress were attacked?

This economic problem is, sorry to say, going to go global.... unless of course, the banksters get what they want -a new global monetary system.

I dont think their futures look bleak because of external decisions, but there own decisions in life. Take responsibility for your own life and actions.

Yes lets look at the recent riots over tuition fees. How many of the rioters (not protestors) even got to college let alone Uni? maybe 10% at best. How many of these 10% actually felt they were making a point as opposed to being embroilled in 'mob mentality'? even less IMO.

Why would anyone wishing to partake in a sincere protest turn up with masks and hoods? the number that have blatently hidden their identities tells us all we need to know of their intentions.

most of these looters age from 13 to about 18.....these kids aren't motivated by the state of the economy.

exactly, in addition if they are that intelligent and have such great vision into the future...what will this destruction leed to ? wealth or a prison sentence and even bleaker future?

Dekker87, you are responsible for your own actions which is why you were put in TO

no. i went against the prevailing opinion with regard to Israel and was banned because of it.

i've had an awful lot of people agree with me via email who are too scared of being banned to make their feelings known on here but whatever...you work to your pre-existing agenda and make the facts fit that and i'll continue to endeavour to be objective regardless of where that places me.

They know that their economic futures look bleak because of decisions made by people who control most of the economic action and they're being charged with paying for it.

The youngest arrested so far is 11yrs old, most of the rest are between 13 and 18 - most of the older ones will just be fencing the bulk lots taken....13 - 18 yr old's disillusioned with economic decisions....yeah right!! This would have happened in the height of the boom when money was ample, because it's not about political descisons, it's about opportunistic theft and the buzz of smashing things up...If this was economic it would be the parents out rioting, since is our age group hit by government cuts and banks holding money...

The youngest arrested so far is 11yrs old, most of the rest are between 13 and 18 - most of the older ones will just be fencing the bulk lots taken....13 - 18 yr old's disillusioned with economic decisions....yeah right!! This would have happened in the height of the boom when money was ample, because it's not about political descisons, it's about opportunistic theft and the buzz of smashing things up...If this was economic it would be the parents out rioting, since is our age group hit by government cuts and banks holding money...

:yes::tu:

especially the bolded line of thought.

Wait for it. The system hasn't collapsed .... yet.

no but that totally invalidates your earlier post doesnt it.

anyway - just heard that a mob of 90 - 100 'wall have just seen off the rioters in Eltham.

<applause>

Even if it did, I wouldn't take my anger out on innocent members of the public, or the police (who are normal people doing a job too) i'll take my anger straight to westminster...I guess these gutless little ******* wouldn't think that far though.....