Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

Are any of you near where this is going on? If I didn't know my neighbors I think I'd be getting to know them really quick since there doesn't seem to be much help for you guys. They keep talking on the news about people evacuating, but that is only giving more power to these idiots.

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but this is seriously distressing.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

Personally steve if i was in charge, i'd just post a couple of sharp shooters on the roof at either end of the street & give 'em a £50 bonus for every one they shot. And then i'd send the bill for the bullets to their parents.(or rather parent.)

♥ that is all ♥

Personally steve if i was in charge, i'd just post a couple of sharp shooters on the roof at either end of the street & give 'em a £50 bonus for every one they shot. And then i'd send the bill for the bullets to their parents.(or rather parent.)

£50 is a great price, imagine the benefits to society having these people removed. and those left should be press ganged into something! something productive.

Are any of you near where this is going on? If I didn't know my neighbors I think I'd be getting to know them really quick since there doesn't seem to be much help for you guys. They keep talking on the news about people evacuating, but that is only giving more power to these idiots.

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but this is seriously distressing.

Thank god no. And quite frankly i do everything in my power to make sure scum like this never enter my world if i can help it. If i actually knew anybody like this i'd drop them like a live hand grenade.

We are talking about people here that have never been taught the distinction between right & wrong.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I'm not near it, but I was going to be going through Birmingham and London today on my way to see a friend (but with all the trouble I've decided against it). It's so scary seeing places where I've been to recently in that sort of state. But there's plenty of people being positive and arranging clean ups..

My only worry is that all young people will be tarred with the same brush.

Edited by shadowhive

I'm not near it, but I was going to be going through Birmingham and London today on my way to see a friend (but with all the trouble I've decided against it). It's so scary seeing places where I've been to recently in that sort of state. But there's plenty of people being positive and arranging clean ups..

I don't think that will happen. I think we all know the types that do this sort of thing.

Here's one :-

post-39751-0-35234800-1312920262_thumb.j

This whole thing is gonna turn black (and Asian) vs white soon. In Leeds it has already turned into groups of white lads looking for groups of coloured lads to fight. The looting is just a side effect.

Source ~ lad I used to work with who moved to Leeds.

Thank god no. And quite frankly i do everything in my power to make sure scum like this never enter my world if i can help it. If i actually knew anybody like this i'd drop them like a live hand grenade.

We are talking about people here that have never been taught the distinction between right & wrong.

Where I live the neighbors are all very close knit, more like a family, and we stick together in trying situations...like during the recent tornadoes. It's good to know you can count on them in bad times. With the authorities over there crapping out they're kind of leaving everyone in a lurch to fend for themselves. Looks like you all are going to have to stick together.

I wouldn't get anywhere near if I didn't have to. It is going to cause a lot of tension for a very long time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

link to the live BBC RIOT channel.

Cities have been shut down since 3pm in some areas. Whole suburbs are no go areas. Police are not arresting in many areas, They just stand and watch?!?!

__EDIT__

Police have been given the go ahead to go in and arrest ANYONE rioting or suspected of related crimes. They are using that new law where they can arrest people for cheering for other people throwing brick etc. They can arrest groups of people and if one threw a petrol bomb, all arrested in that group will be charged with the same crime!!!

Also been watching this all day and about 90%+ of the criminals shown on TV (around 40+ clips) are black.

Get the feeling the police are holding back to make it look worse on the news for the bad guys. Then they can get full anti riot rights. Including the introduction of the water/tear gas cannon, plastic bullets and less rights for normal people.

Edited by bulveye

This whole thing is gonna turn black (and Asian) vs white soon. In Leeds it has already turned into groups of white lads looking for groups of coloured lads to fight. The looting is just a side effect.

Source ~ lad I used to work with who moved to Leeds.

Not true, people in Leeds are saying they are attacking people's buisnesses.

Where I am there is a group of about 40 lads (I say lads but they're men in their twenties) who are 'patrolling' the area looking for anyone who is out to destroy property etc...just been chatting to them outside my house....they just won't put up with it, they're more then ready to jump in....and to be fair, every one of them looked like they could have a good row.....it's made quite a few of the elderly around here feel more safer because they have been knocking on doors and asking them if they're ok, and locked their doors etc..

Where I am there is a group of about 40 lads (I say lads but they're men in their twenties) who are 'patrolling' the area looking for anyone who is out to destroy property etc...just been chatting to them outside my house....they just won't put up with it, they're more then ready to jump in....and to be fair, every one of them looked like they could have a good row.....it's made quite a few of the elderly around here feel more safer because they have been knocking on doors and asking them if they're ok, and locked their doors etc..

what colour were they?

All sorts. I got the impression it was one large group of mates.

GOOD!!

Also, quick update. Over 600 people arrested so far. (time 22:27pm UK time)

__EDIT__

What is the name of those new vans that the police used last night? They looked like the stuff they use in NI but more modern. Where did they suddenly appear from? I thought we had non in England! I see the Scottish, Welsh and Irish are staying out of this one as well as our lot up here in Sunderland and further North.

Edited by bulveye

From BBC LIVE TEXT:-

2236: More on the incident in the Bootle area of Merseyside - a man has been arrested on suspicion of vehicle theft after allegedly using a dumper truck to break into a Post Office. Only shutters were damaged, police say.

2236: A police station in Nottingham has been firebombed by a group of 30 to 40 men, according to Nottinghamshire Police. No injuries were reported.

2229: Peter Coulter, BBC News Liverpool city centre has gone into lockdown with all shops closed from 6pm. A digger has been used in an attempted robbery of a Post Office in Bootle.

__EDIT___

My mam said "At least it's not snowing yet"...

Edited by bulveye

I am absolutely disgusted they are rioting in Manchester and my daughters closest friend from uni lives above a shop in the City centre the rioters and looters have attacked her flat and she is fleeing. I am outraged at what is going on... call in the Army :gun:

what, bald people?

LOL.. They have just now over the last 30 mins started showing white criminals on the mug shots. Before that it was 90% black and about 5% brown with the odd white dude.

The 'Deputy Prime Minister' looked like a scared little hamster today when he got interviewed.

And certain things don't change. Just seen a report on CNN showing every store in a street was looted. All but one to be exact, they did not loot the bookstore.

And certain things don't change. Just seen a report on CNN showing every store in a street was looted. All but one to be exact, they did not loot the bookstore.

:lol:

Nothing to do with colour, just remmber that.

For some people it does. I see mostly blacks doing the violence and robbing. I am 36 and have been to colleges and Universities as well as worked from Scotland to Kent, as well as random travel on top. I have mates up and down the country and I am being told by mates (educated people living in various cities) that it is mostly blacks causing the trouble. If a black man sets a shop on fire its not racist to say that, it's a sad fact. What you think the BNP or NF will use this for? So yes colour and race have a lot to do with this.

If your white and you believe what you say, then go for a stroll down Clapham tonight... I think you would last about 10mins max before you where mugged/stabbed. We don't have many guns here in the UK, but every ****** has a knife! I have a growing hatred for the under class criminal scum. My great grandparents worked hard, my grandparents worked hard, my parents worked hard, I worked hard, my brothers work hard. But then a bunch of blacks get all angry because a black armed gangster with a gun threatened to kill people with a loaded gun and got shot. So that makes a lot of London black people have the right to steal and set fire to stuff? It's pathetic and shows a massive lack of education and respect for themselves.

As for the whites and ethnics doing it, well there will always be a small percentage of scum. But it is a vastly disproportionate number of blacks was all I was pointing out, it is not a view or political position. It is unfortunately a fact.

__NEW__

THE BBC HAVE BEEN TOLD TO STOP REPORTING! THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOW WHAT THE POLICE ARE DOING!!

The BBC have put a loop of previous stuff today on including the PM's speech!!! It just Loops. No live footage until it is edited! OH YEAH ****** the 'gangster' wanna bes!!!!

__EDIT__

~When I say mates from various cities, I'm only in contact with my mates in Leeds, Manchester, Wolverhampton and Ealing. There are loads more cities rioting riot now

__EXTRA EDIT__

I'm not white.

Well I live in Croydon (which was gutted by the mobs last night).

Tonight however its been differant, a group of nearly 400 residents in a local housing estate have geared up with bats, clubs, hammers and golf-clubs and essentially sealed off the entire high street/shopping area of the estate to protect it from the rioters.

No police even involved I think, the community silved the problem themselves.

To be honest though, most of London has no sense of community, I live right on the southern edge, but could barely name 1 in 30 of those people living on my street.

I can see why people would flee, what can they do?

A small group of families would stand no chance vs a mob of 50+ thugs hurling bricks, petrol bombs, fireworks and carrying bats, knives, hammers, crowbars and, in the vase of some in Croydon, hand guns.

Whole community efforts work, but are rare and often hinder the police operations.

Well I live in Croydon (which was gutted by the mobs last night).

Tonight however its been differant, a group of nearly 400 residents in a local housing estate have geared up with bats, clubs, hammers and golf-clubs and essentially sealed off the entire high street/shopping area of the estate to protect it from the rioters.

No police even involved I think, the community silved the problem themselves.

To be honest though, most of London has no sense of community, I live right on the southern edge, but could barely name 1 in 30 of those people living on my street.

I can see why people would flee, what can they do?

A small group of families would stand no chance vs a mob of 50+ thugs hurling bricks, petrol bombs, fireworks and carrying bats, knives, hammers, crowbars and, in the vase of some in Croydon, hand guns.

Whole community efforts work, but are rare and often hinder the police operations.

the government want yuo to have no weapons. They lie and make you believe your safe. Buy and keep legal weapons. Use them ONLY in your own propert if you are under threat. But it is ok to keep a crossbow, multi shot high powered air pistol, machete, knife, sword, Heavy duty spanners, large/massive crow bar, baseball bats, anchor chains, garden forks, chainsaws, staplers, shredders (Experts only), superglue, golf umbrellas, wrecking balls, mallets, paper cuts, Feng Shui, snooker cues, fish hooks and paprika pepper. etc etc.

As has been shown recently in the press, if your life is under threat from someone that has BROKEN INTO your property then you can attack them to save your life. that is as long as they said 'I AM going to kill/attack you'. Which I'm sure most of them said. Legally all wounds have to be on the front of their body as if they were heading to you to fight you. So corridors are a good stand off point. Please be sober, think hard, be clever and think about yourself, your family and your property. God Bless.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BATTERIES IN YOUR SMOKE/FIRE ALARMS.

BBC reporting again, but now mostly reporting positive results like number of arrests, number of police and charges that the arrested are getting. After the down time they now have a new anchorman and he is very pro government and pro police and is very much playing down the riots?!?!?!!?? WTF!?!?!?

_EDIT__

MASSIVE spin putting onto the riots now, they are saying it was a drunken ramble from some local football hooligans?!?!?

THERE WAS NO FOOTBALL related violence?!! 00.12

he is now saying no police riot squads, he said they were all normal police and everything was calm. He said all the groups were mostly peaceful. 0016

WOW!!!! It's like 2 different countries before and after midnight he way the news are reporting it. 00.28

Now not showing riots, talking about how badly families are hit (which is good) 00.29 (Enfield)

They talking about Midlands now and:- back to the riots.. thank god, thought they went soft for a minute!

Edited by bulveye