Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

believe me if millwall or west ham come up against these mobs of 'gangstas' the football lads won't be the ones walking away wounded.

It sounds like things are transcending into tribal wars, real cro magnon style. :P

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

Nothing to do with colour, just remmber that.

That's BS. Most of the videos until recently, when Antifas got involved, showed a 95% black and brown mob (NON-ENGLISHMEN). These people are not equipped to function in a first world economy, let alone anywhere in Europe, so they will be a drag on the system for life. Non-white abuse of welfare and housing in the UK, as well as non-white criminality, has always been appalling and widely disproportionate. I'm sure in the aftermath of this riot lefties will continue to rejoice in their multi-kult-ism and 'die-versity'.

Edited by make me believe

Well I live in Croydon (which was gutted by the mobs last night).

Tonight however its been differant, a group of nearly 400 residents in a local housing estate have geared up with bats, clubs, hammers and golf-clubs and essentially sealed off the entire high street/shopping area of the estate to protect it from the rioters.

No police even involved I think, the community silved the problem themselves.

To be honest though, most of London has no sense of community, I live right on the southern edge, but could barely name 1 in 30 of those people living on my street.

I can see why people would flee, what can they do?

A small group of families would stand no chance vs a mob of 50+ thugs hurling bricks, petrol bombs, fireworks and carrying bats, knives, hammers, crowbars and, in the vase of some in Croydon, hand guns.

Whole community efforts work, but are rare and often hinder the police operations.

I hope you and your family are doing well!

400 people and you don't call that a sense of community? I'd be out getting to know them...and I wouldn't be a small group of families any more.

Best of luck to you!!!

Alot of people in this thread think the rioters should be shot.

I'd like to know how many of those people have killed a man themselves.

The majority of people just want to be left alone.

The majority of people just want to be left alone.

I do understand that Michelle and there are alot of constructive comments on here and good advice for people.

The 'internet tough talkers' are the people I'm curious about. Apparently they have no problem killing 12-16yo kids....As long as someone else does it.

Not all of these people are hardened criminals who have already done things that may deserve the death penalty. Alot of them are disenfranchised youth and whether you like what they are doing or not, they do not deserve to be killed for what they are doing.

The Plod seem to be seriously undermanned, IMO.

I do understand that Michelle and there are alot of constructive comments on here and good advice for people.

The 'internet tough talkers' are the people I'm curious about. Apparently they have no problem killing 12-16yo kids....As long as someone else does it.

Not all of these people are hardened criminals who have already done things that may deserve the death penalty. Alot of them are disenfranchised youth and whether you like what they are doing or not, they do not deserve to be killed for what they are doing.

Yes, and you need to understand that people's livelihoods, homes and families are in danger. That is going to cause a knee jerk reaction. They may mean what they say or they may just be blowing off steam.

It might not be the best time for a psychological evaluation. ;)

Edited by Michelle

Yes, and you need to understand that people's livelihoods, homes and families are in danger. That is going to cause a knee jerk reaction. They may mean what they say or they may just be blowing off steam.

It might not be the best time for a psychological evaluation. ;)

You are indeed correct, I sometimes take things at their word and forget people don't always mean what they say. Thanks for straightening me out in a most pleasant way. :)

I for one agree with letting the Football Firms take back their streets, although not being a Londoner, is there enough? From what we've seen over here (Australia) there's now thousands of looters/rioters/protestors, how many people are there in the Firms?

I think you Londoners are going to get shafted with some new laws when this is over....Possibly (imo) why it has been allowed to go on as long as it has. As alot have mentioned, the army could have been involved very quickly and with rubber bullets that would put it down in a reasonable amount of time. However more fear = more panic = more acceptance of draconian laws being put in place.

Shooting the rioters with live bullets is going too far, but some baton skull-bashing, rubber-bullets and tear gas are long overdue if they haven't used them yet.

You are indeed correct, I sometimes take things at their word and forget people don't always mean what they say. Thanks for straightening me out in a most pleasant way. :)

Okay, just to lighten the mood a little...

Would you say that to me a few hundred more times??? I can't hear it enough! :sk:sk:sk

:lol:

You are indeed correct, I sometimes take things at their word and forget people don't always mean what they say. Thanks for straightening me out in a most pleasant way.

You are indeed correct, I sometimes take things at their word and forget people don't always mean what they say. Thanks for straightening me out in a most pleasant way.

Go wild !

I didn't think when I wrote it but now I am aware...You musn't read that much on here! haha !

The water supply will need to be spiked with Valium come the 2012 Olympics, IMO, or could turn into a major embarrassment for The Old Dart.

You are of course correct. A lot of folk - myself included - say we'd like to see these wastes of space shot dead, but would we carry out such an act ourselves? I hate to say it, but if I lost my house, my business, my livelihood by looting or in a fire set by a bunch of thugs and I could at that moment get my hands on a weapon all bets are off.

I adimt, this is no more than sabre rattling from what a couple of our more rotund politicans call "armchair police commanders". But you have to ask, just how should we treat anyone arrested and charged over this set of riots. If they are underage it's a good bet to assume that they'll get what will be thought of as a light sentence, we'll have to wait and see. But I do seriosuly think that if this little bunch of thugs think they deserve respect for what they have done, if they seriously believe that by doing what they did we should fear them, then I have to say it's time THEY are made to fear what will happen to them.

Yes, calling on the police to shoot them dead is harsh and it's a terrible but tried and tested way to deal with mass civil disobedience. In the streets of England last night, we again saw the police rush the thugs, who just run away, with no obvious arrests being made at that time. Perhaps though, if armed officers were deployed with the riot squad, and the warning given that if you are masked you will be fired upon, especially if you are carrying anything that could be used to cause harm, and they are then killed, this would have the effect on the rest that perhaps being so tough means you end up dead. Yes, the police would then get charged with the death of a protestor, the press would pillory them, we'd get the hand wringing from the idiots who believe everything in life can be cured by "undestanding" the motivations behind this thuggish behaviour by these feral little sods. But here's the thing.

In history there are moments when the civil population reach a tipping point. A point in which we feel the law, the courts, the forces we expect to protect us fail, and we take violent and fatal action ourselves. We then get punished, get the weight of the law on us, but the end result of this is one less waste to society is dead and not able to cause a problem again? I hate to say this, but right now there's a few folk thinking this. And perhaps this is what should be broadcast to the brave masked gits who have wrecked shops, destroyed homes, and made the general population feel more unsafe. Go too far, and you not only not get our "respect", you wind up not living any more. And you know what? NOBODY will miss you....

The key words there Shayde are 'bunch of thugs'. I know there's alot of people out there taking advantage of the lack of police prescence but from what I see on the news alot of them are young teens 'along for the ride' I guess. I actually agree with you and would feel the same if my house, family, business or whatever was threatened in that way, I just think there are non lethal ways to go about it and the people who say things like

i'd just post a couple of sharp shooters on the roof at either end of the street & give 'em a £50 bonus for every one they shot

as opposed to a sensible, realistic, imnotplayingtoomuch CoD3 or whatever it's called comment

the gloves need to come off, rubber bullets and water cannon used

are, like you said 'armchair commanders'. (love that!)

The problem is who decides who's a waste and who's not?

Why on earth are people making excuses for the rioters? What they're doing is criminal, it's far past time that we stop giving these people an easy way out and make then take responsibility for their own actions.

I wasn't able to get home last night because of the rioters. I've had to walk through the city and see what they've done. You can't say it's not their fault, plenty of people decided they didn't want to go out and riot.

Also that video Ryinrea, that American has no idea about the situation over here, he's just looking for some ratings. There's a very ****ing good reason people are stop searched in London.

Why on earth are people making excuses for the rioters? What they're doing is criminal, it's far past time that we stop giving these people an easy way out and make then take responsibility for their own actions.

I wasn't able to get home last night because of the rioters. I've had to walk through the city and see what they've done. You can't say it's not their fault, plenty of people decided they didn't want to go out and riot.

Also that video Ryinrea, that American has no idea about the situation over here, he's just looking for some ratings. There's a very ****ing good reason people are stop searched in London.

Personally, I am not making excuses or the rioters but people have to understand that this tension has been brewing for a while and finally it's started to explode. Just because people understand what's happening doesn't mean they're making excuses for it. I do not condone the actions of the rioters but I'm not ignorant enough to say that this problem hasn't been a long time coming.

Edited by Randi

Push someone hard enough and they will.

Personally, I am not making excuses or the rioters but people have to understand that this tension has been brewing for a while and finally it's started to explode. Just because people understand what's happening doesn't mean they're making excuses for it. I do not condone the actions of the rioters but I'm not ignorant enough to say that this problem hasn't been a long time coming.

this has nothing to do with tension.

this has everything to do with going on the rob when the police are overstretched.

that sony distribution centre set alight by 'rioters'? prior to being set alight there were 8 lorries filled up and driven off with various stolen goods.

that's not tension. that's organised crime.

I don't know about others but I've never suggested we use live rounds against them, rubber/plastic bullets would do the job well enough.

Just been around Manchester to help with the cleanup a bit, the council were out overnight apparently and most of the city centre is surprisingly clean. Trying to help out we only managed to find a few things to do! There were alot of broken shop windows and glazers and joiners out though. Also alot of police on the streets now. It was great to go there though and see about 100 people just turning up to try and help sort out the mess that was left.

There were alot of broken shop windows and glazers and joiners out though.

That'll be the first time for a while a Glazer has been welcome in Manchester I would think.

If the police don't toughen up soon, we'll see a pretty nasty cycle of this. When will it end? I've seen quite a lot of arguments about trying to understand the angst and disillusion amongst these people, but it's ultimately your choice whether you put a brick through a window and rob the place blind. Nothing to do with society-everyone knows that is not right. No mercy for these little sods.

Except that there will be, You have Cameron bleating about them feeling the full weight of the law. So far I beleive in London there have been 60-odd cpeople charged with burglary, and just one with criminal damage.

Ridiculous.