Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riot In London

susieice

"London Riots Investigation Confirms Police Planted Bullet and Lied, Murdered “Man Did Not Open Fire”"

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/08/09/london-riot-investigation-police-planted-bullet-lied-murdered-man-open-fire-52881/

Right, so lets loot every shop we encounter, and kill/club anyone trying to even hinder us when we are gathering the DVDs, tvs, iPods, refrigerators, and all the other stuff we think we desparately need because we are poor and unemployed.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• itsnotoutthere

• Mr.United_Nations

• dekker87

Right, so lets loot every shop we encounter, and kill/club anyone trying to even hinder us when we are gathering the DVDs, tvs, iPods, refrigerators, and all the other stuff we think we desparately need because we are poor and unemployed.

right, so let's ignore what the police did because some immoral scumbags did some looting.

right, so let's ignore what the police did because some immoral scumbags did some looting.

If the police owned every DVD player, or tv, or washing machine, or iPod, yes, I agree.

But they don't.

Until the offical report comes out no one is going to know what happened the day Duggen was shot no matter how many blogs someone wants to write. I could write a blog and make a claim. Since nothing has been released, I'd like to see the proof this Alexander whomever has an inside contact at Scotland Yard that he knows so much. Of course his family is going to say he was a sweet guy. So did Al Capone's. "Al, he's a good boy"- Al's mom. I'll wait until the offical report to make conclusions as to what happened. By what I'm hearing this guy was pretty well known around town.

@ Stevewinn- loved the article you linked. It holds just as true where I am.

I have had put a gun in my face in South America (Peru).

I smiled, said to the guy something like, 'hey, what's up, I have nothing against you, ok?', then kicked the gun from his hands and rebuilt his face with my shoe (he looked much prettier afterwards).

Hi Maddox how's it going?

In all seriousness though, I would have loved to see that. What martial arts do you do? Did Steven Seagal teach you the kick?

Right, so lets loot every shop we encounter, and kill/club anyone trying to even hinder us

Really!? They have been killing and clubbing everyone who hinders them?! Gee..Why isn't the news reporting all the hundreds of deaths that must be happening over there?! I've seen lots of people hindering them...but they don't seem to be dead...hmmm. Wonder why? Because 95% of the looters are just kids taking an opportunity? It's much easier to smash a few windows and run off with a PS3 than it is to kill someone.

Ok...sarcasm over.

Imagine this: you have a shop that has been in your family for 3 generations.

You work like a horse to keep it running and feed your family, pay the rent, and pay your depts.

You have 4 kids, 5, 7, 10, and 15 years old.

Then those 'freedom fighters' come along, smash your shop to smithereens, and are willing to kill anyone, including your family, who wants to stop them.

Yeah, if I happened to have a gun and be the owner of that shop, I think here is a slight possibility that I might be tempted to pull the trigger.

But a nice baseball bat would do too.

Imagining it... Now I'm imagining that if I had a gun, a gang of 10-17yo kids aren't going to be coming into my store at all when I confront them. Might need to put a shot in the roof so they know it's real, then they'll head off to easier pickings. Your default to 'derp i'd just shoot them' shows you've never pulled a trigger before actually aiming at a young kid.

Now I'm imagining that a gang of hardened criminals, perhaps like the ones that organized trucks to raid the Sony Distribution centre have come into my store. These guys are all 25, 30, 40 and are 'undesirables' in society having spent time in jail etc (as opposed to being stupid teenagers) and have had multiple chances and the life experience to realize where the path they've chosen is going to take them. Would I pull the trigger on them? Yes, I would.

Can you see the difference?

I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, but the 'tough talk' needs to be thought out when most of the looters are children.

Imagining it... Now I'm imagining that if I had a gun, a gang of 10-17yo kids aren't going to be coming into my store at all when I confront them. Might need to put a shot in the roof so they know it's real, then they'll head off to easier pickings. Your default to 'derp i'd just shoot them' shows you've never pulled a trigger before actually aiming at a young kid.

Now I'm imagining that a gang of hardened criminals, perhaps like the ones that organized trucks to raid the Sony Distribution centre have come into my store. These guys are all 25, 30, 40 and are 'undesirables' in society having spent time in jail etc (as opposed to being stupid teenagers) and have had multiple chances and the life experience to realize where the path they've chosen is going to take them. Would I pull the trigger on them? Yes, I would.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, but the 'tough talk' needs to be thought out when most of the looters are children.

Why does it matter that they're children? A crime is a crime, it's no less violent or abhorrent because it's done by a teenager. They're old enough to go out looting, they're old enough to face the consequences. People need to stop being so damn lenient of these criminals just because they're young. They know what they're doing. Where's equality when it comes to this eh?

I'm not actually advocating shooting them btw, just cracking a few skulls and putting a healthy respect for authority back into them. Possibly forcing the respect into them with a baton.

Isnt that ironic? When people riot in Libya or Syria they are freedom fighters who want human rights and democracy... but when it happens in UK or in other major european power centers, then they are thugs and chavs... lulz

www.dailymail.co.uk - Police were ordered to 'stand and observe' rioters

It all makes sense now. Let them loot and riot, and then use this to discredit them. Classic mainstream media marketing trick

Oh and this post? If you are honestly comparing Libya, where people are rebelling for freedom, and the riots in the UK, where people are after free **EDIT**, then you just need to pull your head out of your **EDIT** and look at the real situation not what you want to think is happening to fit in with your crackpot conspiracy theories. Honestly, every post of yours that I read screams of a complete lack of understanding of real world situations.

**Either tone it down or leave the discussion.**

Edited by aquatus1

"London Riots Investigation Confirms Police Planted Bullet and Lied, Murdered “Man Did Not Open Fire”"http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/08/09/london-riot-investigation-police-planted-bullet-lied-murdered-man-open-fire-52881/

The man shot by police has nothing to do with the riots.

I am shocked as to some of the comments made here regarding this issue.

He had a gun (full stop) whether it was loaded, aimed at officers, fired etc is irrelavent. If you carry a gun in the UK then you should be shot dead without questioned asked.

why is this a problem?

The biggest fault lies with all the people that stood around the streets watching, making it an impossible job for police to distinguish between rioters and spectators.

I am sick of hearing the poor things dont have jobs...society is against them....the police keep taking their knives and weapons and drugs.....no one is helping them get jobs.....blah blah blah. They are as innocent as the guy with the gun.

You cannot manage country with no respect. And these idiots have none for authority, non for their elders and none for their parents. However they expect everyone to give them the respect they are owed..the respect they deserve.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway back to you littlefish, why even post the comments above when we are talking about the riots?

Maybe it is a giant study of human behaviorism... I am suprised they allowed the looting to go on.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots#Background_to_the_initial_disturbances_in_London

I have heard that England has quite an extensive security camera system.. a total Big Brother scenario that is accasionally featured in some crime shows.. ..

London has 10,000 crime-fighting CCTV cameras which cost £200 million,

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23412867-tens-of-thousands-of-cctv-cameras-yet-80-of-crime-unsolved.do

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1711972,00.html

Big Brother is not only watching you; in Barking and Dagenham, Big Brother wants a word. The disembodied voices of authority offering advice and warnings that now issue as if from thin air in the hardscrabble east London borough are, in fact, talking CCTV cameras — the latest high-tech weapon in the war on littering, graffiti, vandalism and other antisocial behavior. Sixteen of the borough's 84 surveillance cameras have been wired for sound, making London's first video monitoring network with a broadcasting capacity. A second borough, Southwark, will soon adopt the same system.

Both communities are among the 20 nationwide awarded $50,000 grants by Britain's Home Office to test the cameras, following an initial trial run last year in the Northern city of Middlesborough. The talking cameras are the latest advance in a country that's embraced video surveillance with an enthusiasm that would make Orwell shudder. Liberty, a civil liberties group, conservatively estimates there are 4.2 million CCTV cameras currently in operation in the UK, one for every 14 residents. Anyone living or working in London will likely be captured on camera 300 times a day, the group claims

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1711972,00.html#ixzz1UiGe9GcS

http://oneheartbooks.com/resources/ebooks/psrm.pdf

As the Bill stands, adults convicted of recordable offences (even for minor crimes) can have their DNA retained indefinitely. Additionally, the Bill will mean that children can still have their DNA retained indefinitely after two warnings.

·Furthermore, if a person is seen as a national security concern, they are exempt from the protections outlined in the bill. National security exemptions could end up increasing the size of the database unnecessarily.

·Under New Labour, the state’s ability to control and monitor its citizens increased exponentially. Most prominent was probably the rise of surveillance systems. For example, despite having only 1% of the world’s population, reports suggested Britain had 20% of the worlds CCTV cameras, a staggering 4.2 million.

???

Which is it.... 10500 security cameras or 4.2 million??

It would certainly employ plenty of people to check all the serveylance tapes.. find all the criminals.. catch the looters...

Edited by crystal sage

Maybe it is a giant study of human behaviorism... I am suprised they allowed the looting to go on.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots#Background_to_the_initial_disturbances_in_London

I have heard that England has quite an extensive security camera system.. a total Big Brother scenario that is accasionally featured in some crime shows.. ..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23412867-tens-of-thousands-of-cctv-cameras-yet-80-of-crime-unsolved.do

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1711972,00.html

http://oneheartbooks.com/resources/ebooks/psrm.pdf

???

Which is it.... 10500 security cameras or 4.2 million??

It would certainly employ plenty of people to check all the serveylance tapes.. find all the criminals.. catch the looters...

4.2 million in Britain, 10500 in London. London isn't all of Britain contrary to southern opinion ;)

Cool Mama !!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8692712/Hackney-speech-woman-revealed-to-be-local-jazz-singer.html

Pauline Pearce, 45, a grandmother, jazz singer and community radio activist, shook her walking at youths, told them they were looters without a cause and said it made her ashamed to come from Hackney.

'Hackney speech woman' revealed to be local jazz singer

A woman named the "Heroine of Hackney" has spoken of her embarrassment at becoming an internet sensation after confronting rioters on a street corner in east London.

Hi Maddox how's it going?

In all seriousness though, I would have loved to see that. What martial arts do you do? Did Steven Seagal teach you the kick?

Really!? They have been killing and clubbing everyone who hinders them?! Gee..Why isn't the news reporting all the hundreds of deaths that must be happening over there?! I've seen lots of people hindering them...but they don't seem to be dead...hmmm. Wonder why? Because 95% of the looters are just kids taking an opportunity? It's much easier to smash a few windows and run off with a PS3 than it is to kill someone.

Ok...sarcasm over.

Most reports, at least the ones I saw, showed adults looting. And yes, I saw teenagers too.

But when you are in a panic, even when like 10 of these teenagers run into your store and smash everything including people to the ground, what do you do? Well, some may just sit on the ground and tremble with fear and hope all it will be over soon, others get blind from rage, and will do anything to get these looters out or down.

We are here not talking about people who are trained to use arms, like policemen and soldiers, but about people in a panic who have no experience with these kind of situations.

And another thing: how do you judge someone's age when he is wearing a hood? That is what I saw many times on those reports. Many of the looters did their best to be unrecognizable.

4.2 million in Britain, 10500 in London. London isn't all of Britain contrary to southern opinion ;)

One way or the other.. if you include all the GPS tracking devices in cars and phones... microchips... I'd say pretty much , most people are covered...

The report, drawn up by a team of respected academics, claims that Britain is a world-leader in the use of surveillance technology and its citizens the most spied-upon in the free world.

It paints a frightening picture of what Britain might be like in ten years time unless steps are taken to regulate the use of CCTV and other spy technologies.

The reports editors Dr David Murakami Wood, managing editor of the journal Surveillance and Society and Dr Kirstie Ball, an Open University lecturer in Organisation Studies, claim that by 2016 our almost every movement, purchase and communication could be monitored by a complex network of interlinking surveillance technologies.

The most contentious prediction is the spread in the use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.

The RFID chips - which can be detected and read by radio waves - are already used in new UK passports and are also used the Oyster card system to access the London Transport network.

For the past six years European countries have been using RFID chips to identify pet animals.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=9952

http://dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com/2008/10/roger-ebert-on-fox-news-selling-brain.html

Actually as far as microchipping pets in Australia... you had to provide proof that your pet was microchipped when you renewed your pet licence and they recorded the details... you get fined if you refuse... Sadly all my pets died within two years of being microchipped :(:hmm: 4 cats and 2 dogs.. they all suddenly acted strangly..ran into the street and got run over.. or got tumors and died.. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/08/AR2007090800997_pf.html

http://www.antichips.com/press-releases/chipped-pets.html :(

They certainly shouldn't think of implanting humans...

Edited by crystal sage

in related news:

Shock over 'respectable' lives behind masks of UK rioters

London (CNN) -- Before they started appearing in court, most people assumed London's rioters and looters were unemployed youths with no hope and no future. So there was much surprise when details of the accused began to emerge, and they included some from wealthy backgrounds or with good jobs.

Those passing through London's courtrooms on Tuesday and Wednesday -- some courts sat overnight to cope with the numbers -- have included a teaching assistant, a lifeguard, a postman, a chef, a charity worker, a millionaire's daughter and an 11-year-old boy, newspapers reported.

Source

Anyone up for some recreational looting?

in related news:

Shock over 'respectable' lives behind masks of UK rioters

London (CNN) -- Before they started appearing in court, most people assumed London's rioters and looters were unemployed youths with no hope and no future. So there was much surprise when details of the accused began to emerge, and they included some from wealthy backgrounds or with good jobs.

Those passing through London's courtrooms on Tuesday and Wednesday -- some courts sat overnight to cope with the numbers -- have included a teaching assistant, a lifeguard, a postman, a chef, a charity worker, a millionaire's daughter and an 11-year-old boy, newspapers reported.

Source

so out of the 250 plus arrested of which half are under the age of 18. you think its worth while bringing to our attention a hand full of them have jobs. who are you trying to kid here. the vast majority 95%+ of them are unemployed youths with no hope and no future. the pictures say it all. - the rest of us see the scum of our society - you see model citizens. :w00t:

The man shot by police has nothing to do with the riots.

I am shocked as to some of the comments made here regarding this issue.

He had a gun (full stop) whether it was loaded, aimed at officers, fired etc is irrelavent. If you carry a gun in the UK then you should be shot dead without questioned asked.

why is this a problem?

The biggest fault lies with all the people that stood around the streets watching, making it an impossible job for police to distinguish between rioters and spectators.

I am sick of hearing the poor things dont have jobs...society is against them....the police keep taking their knives and weapons and drugs.....no one is helping them get jobs.....blah blah blah. They are as innocent as the guy with the gun.

You cannot manage country with no respect. And these idiots have none for authority, non for their elders and none for their parents. However they expect everyone to give them the respect they are owed..the respect they deserve.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway back to you littlefish, why even post the comments above when we are talking about the riots?

You are being baited my friend. He does this all of the time. Don't bite.

so out of the 250 plus arrested of which half are under the age of 18. you think its worth while bringing to our attention a hand full of them have jobs. who are you trying to kid here. the vast majority 95%+ of them are unemployed youths with no hope and no future. the pictures say it all. - the rest of us see the scum of our society - you see model citizens. :w00t:

No, I just see a lot of bullpoop assumed about who was rioting. This looks more like a gang problem that escalated into what Rleyeh calls "recreational rioting", or the same kind of stuff we see from the football fans every now and then...at a larger scale.

No, I just see a lot of bullpoop assumed about who was rioting. This looks more like a gang problem that escalated into what Rleyeh calls "recreational rioting", or the same kind of stuff we see from the football fans every now and then...at a larger scale.

Absolutely. I don't think any one doubts that the riots began with some troubled dregs, but the crime of opportunity began when folks saw the lawlessness.

Absolutely. I don't think any one doubts that the riots began with some troubled dregs, but the crime of opportunity began when folks saw the lawlessness.

The riots are an old story. Remember the ones in LA and Chicago? It may be a cover that it is all about change and yada, yada but these kind of riots are nothing more than people having one big free for all party and stealing binge. It is obvious. I say bring out the tear gas and water cannons if need be and have at it. Who is at fault can be sorted out through the courts later. They must regain control or it will not stop. JMO

These depicable looters they killed 3 men trying to protect shops from being robbed. They should be brought to justice.

Something has to be done, to prevent any future riots and punish rioters for committing acts of hooliganism. France had its fair share of urban riots in the summer/autumn periods of 2005 and 2007, occurred in largely populated low-income and Arab or African immigrant neighborhoods. But the UK used to be known not to fall into the trap of mob-action mentality normally seen in France for a long time (since the 1789 French Revolution?), but liberalism in British culture is been put to blame, to generated hatred and discontent among working-classes or pitted white or Black British against one another: each side feels victimized by the other to disintegrated this multicultural society.

The economy is another factor, because the majority of arrests in the London riot were born in the 1990's and are native-born, but according to SKY News, they mostly are of a middle class background and found to be ethnically British. I thought that's an erroneous statistic when other news sources reported a disproportionate involvement of Africans, South Asians and other non-European minorities were involved in rioting in fairly high numbers. Now who's right or wrong? Depends on the agenda or what political leanings the media corporation (SKY/FOX News vs. BBC/CNN) is in or falls into the so-called "Conservative Right" like talk radio commentators or law enforcement agencies, or "Liberal Left" categories, esp. the major TV networks and newspapers.

Edited by DeMikeDe

Something has to be done, to prevent any future riots and punish rioters for committing acts of hooliganism. France had its fair share of urban riots in the summer/autumn periods of 2005 and 2007, occurred in largely populated low-income and Arab or African immigrant neighborhoods. But the UK used to be known not to fall into the trap of mob-action mentality normally seen in France for a long time (since the 1789 French Revolution?), but liberalism in British culture is been put to blame, to generated hatred and discontent among working-classes or pitted white or Black British against one another: each side feels victimized by the other to disintegrated this multicultural society.

The economy is another factor, because the majority of arrests in the London riot were born in the 1990's and are native-born, but according to SKY News, they mostly are of a middle class background and found to be ethnically British. I thought that's an erroneous statistic when other news sources reported a disproportionate involvement of Africans, South Asians and other non-European minorities were involved in rioting in fairly high numbers. Now who's right or wrong? Depends on the agenda or what political leanings the media corporation (SKY/FOX News vs. BBC/CNN) is in or falls into the so-called "Conservative Right" like talk radio commentators or law enforcement agencies, or "Liberal Left" categories, esp. the major TV networks and newspapers.

It was mostly blacks rioting intially then whites joined in

I'm not actually advocating shooting them btw, just cracking a few skulls and putting a healthy respect for authority back into them. Possibly forcing the respect into them with a baton.

Why are we arguing then? That's all I think as well! They should have started batoning and rubber bulleting on the 1st night! :rofl:

Most reports, at least the ones I saw, showed adults looting. And yes, I saw teenagers too.

But when you are in a panic, even when like 10 of these teenagers run into your store and smash everything including people to the ground, what do you do? Well, some may just sit on the ground and tremble with fear and hope all it will be over soon, others get blind from rage, and will do anything to get these looters out or down.

We are here not talking about people who are trained to use arms, like policemen and soldiers, but about people in a panic who have no experience with these kind of situations.

And another thing: how do you judge someone's age when he is wearing a hood? That is what I saw many times on those reports. Many of the looters did their best to be unrecognizable.

I don't live in London and the footage I've seen on TV seems to be 90% teenagers, although I do have a hard time imagining adults wouldn't join in. If they want to paint a picture of youth problems perhaps they do show more videos of youths than the adults. I know what you mean, but I guess I'd say... don't let them in the store in the first place. I saw a few videos of shops where the screen door just pulled up after the doors were smashed! Most models will lock on the ground on the inside and it looked to me like employees have been a bit lax in security. Empty stores could get set on fire sure, but if you sat in your store, behind a locked screen with a gun (hopefully not needing to use it) you wouldn't have a problem with people even in your store.

What's that saying about prevention is better than something? That's how I think anyway xD

I think It's not hard to tell the difference between a teen and an adult, unless he's a small adult! Maybe that's because I'm still reasonably young myself and they haven't taken on that general shape of 'young people' yet.

Hey though, if against all odds they were in my store, stabbing customers I would be singing a different tune. I'd still aim for their legs though. ;)