Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Rendlesham Incident 1980:

Karlis

And despite the attacks on him, I think Robert Hastings has done an excellent job in piecing together many UFO incidents. He has had plenty of help from the pro-ETH group, or I should say the pro-disclosure group:

"From: Robert Hastings <ufohastings.nul>

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

Archived: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:59:14 -0400

Subject: Hastings On Clarke's 'New Light On Rendlesham'

I am responding to Dr. David Clarke's latest posts on UFO

UpDates and on his own blog.

Some days ago, largely in response to my contention that he is

not qualified to speak authoritatively about the UFO-related

events at RAF Bentwaters and Rendlesham Forest, in December

1980, Dr. David Clarke began a new Rendlesham-related blog page

at his website...

While Clarke's first post predictably contains a number of

factual errors, oversights and fallacies which one might

address, I will confine my remarks here to only a couple of

items. The first relates to Clarke's December 2009 conversation

with Col. Ted Conrad, who contradicted several statements about

the UFO activity at Bentwaters/Rendlesham previously made by

Col. Charles Halt and others who, unlike Conrad, were directly

involved in the incidents:

Re: The Alleged Investigation By Col. Conrad

Clarke: I figured if anyone really knew what happened it would

be Col Conrad as by his own statement he was responsible for the

USAF investigation. So late in 2009 I contacted Col Conrad, now

retired from the USAF, and asked him to go on record.

In a 9/7/10 email to me, Halt responds: Conrad did not conduct

an investigation. I had all of the original participants make

statements and bring them to me. I interviewed each individually

and then took each to Conrad [so that he could] hear his

account. After the fact, I took Conrad and his family to the

[Penniston] site and showed them the indentations. That was his

total involvement. It was like a tar baby and he didn't want his

name associated with it. Nobody wanted the individuals'

statements so I put them in an envelope and put them aside. I

brought them out only after it all went public. Conrad even

described seeing a UFO as a pilot but never reported it as, in

his words, it was a "career-killer." He can't be so naive

as to believe the OSI wasn't involved!

Re: What Conrad Did Or Did Not See From His Front Lawn At

Woodbridge

Halt, on the Unsolved Mysteries television show, which aired

September 18, 1991, said: "We could very clearly see [the UFO] -

I noticed other beams of light coming down from the same object,

falling on different places on the base. My boss [Col Ted

Conrad] was standing in his front yard in Woodbridge and he

could see the beams of light falling down, and the people in the

[bentwaters] Weapons Storage Area and several other places on

the base also reported the lights."]

Clarke: Contrast Halt's recollections in 1991 with Conrad's 2010

statement which continues: "Lt Col Halt's report of more

lights both on the ground and in the sky brought quite a few

people out of their houses at Woodbridge to see what was there.

These people included myself, my wife, Lt Col Sawyer (the

Director of Personnel), his wife, and several others listening

to my radio and looking for the lights Halt was describing.

Despite a sparkling, clear, cloudless, fogless night with a good

field of view in all directions, we saw nothing that resembled

Lt Col Halt's descriptions either in the sky or on the ground.

This episode ended in the early morning hours of [28 December

1980]."

Halt responds: Conrad and I conversed by radio as he was

watching the beams from his yard at Woodbridge Base. It's funny

how both [Gen. Gordon] Williams and Conrad are now having memory

problems."

http://ufoupdateslist.com/2010/sep/m14-003.shtml

This is the same Halt who for years denied that Larry Warren was any part of the excursion into the forest. Obviously their accounts as to what occurred differ wildly, but Halt clearly also had/has selective memory when its suits him.

Suffolk UFO sighting could have been a hoax: U.S. commander talks about Rendlesham Forest incident for first time in 30 years

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1USYOlOWr

http://www.ghosttheo...-never-happened

http://www.telegraph...uffolk-UFO.html

Makes me wonder why he is lying through his teeth, expecially since my compatiots who were there, confirmed the incidents as well.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder why he is lying through his teeth, expecially since my compatiots who were there, confirmed the incidents as well.

Maybe it is your compatriots with a somewhat zealous outlook.

Maybe it is your compatriots with a somewhat zealous outlook.

My compatriots have provided me with details of the incident not found on the Internet, and they have confirmed that weapons were affected.We have a number of Air Force personnel comfirming the incident but, that was evident by the fact that the Britist MoD attempted to cover-up the incident, and that in itself, confirms that something extraordinary occurred.

After all, it was the MoD that released Colonel Halt's letter after denying its existence. In addition, civilians near the base have confimed the incidents as well.

• Like 2

My compatriots have provided me with details of the incident not found on the Internet, and they have confirmed that weapons were affected.

--

I don't believe you. And on the off chance that you were actually told this by someone who was there (which I highly doubt), I don't believe them either.

If this really took place, prove it.

One must first Look too the source of any situation to understand a possible method to our madness !

We seem to have a Lot of madness !

My compatriots have provided me with details of the incident not found on the Internet, and they have confirmed that weapons were affected.We have a number of Air Force personnel comfirming the incident but, that was evident by the fact that the Britist MoD attempted to cover-up the incident, and that in itself, confirms that something extraordinary occurred.

After all, it was the MoD that released Colonel Halt's letter after denying its existence. In addition, civilians near the base have confimed the incidents as well.

Um, details that are not confirmed are called hearsay. The Mod is the only organisation to take up Klass' work, they seem to be in favour of finding an answer there. Not too good at suppression are they?

Boon, if you're such a skeptic..why you even here? you seem so sure and have convinced yourself that Alien life is all BS. That we are in fact a lone in the universe.

You obviously believe in something, yet fear to speak it...because it wouldn't be the COOL thing to do.

Sucks how many of us are raised to be 1 dimensional beings, we dwell too much on the physical, and choose to ignore our intuitions, signs we are given...life is all about spiritual growth through the physical (hence life) going through all emotions/pain is how we balance karma from past lives.

Earth is in fact guided by these high dimensional beings..beings 1000 of years ahead of us, in another galaxy.

Those lucky enough, (myself included) get to see and understand this. Some souls are just heavily grounded on earth's plane and won't get to see for themselves...especially if they choose to be primitive.

just something to think about.

• Like 1

"gets popcorn, settles in*

This should be good! One of those new members we were theorizing this morning Quillius ;)

male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif

OK, ready. Go for it Boon.

Edited by psyche101

Boon, if you're such a skeptic..why you even here? you seem so sure and have convinced yourself that Alien life is all BS. That we are in fact a lone in the universe.

Do I have less of a right to be here than you or some other believer?

Just to be totally clear, I don't find alien life to be all BS. I strongly believe that there is alien life out there. I would be shocked and dismayed if we were to discover that there wasn't.

Whether that life has visited us here is the question on the table. In my opinion, I find that extremely doubtful. And the evidence that so many people cling to for this is hardly worthy of mention.

You obviously believe in something, yet fear to speak it...because it wouldn't be the COOL thing to do.

I believe in many things. I don't fear to speak about my beliefs and I really couldn't care less about what you or anyone else perceives as "the COOL thing to do."

Sucks how many of us are raised to be 1 dimensional beings, we dwell too much on the physical, and choose to ignore our intuitions, signs we are given...life is all about spiritual growth through the physical (hence life) going through all emotions/pain is how we balance karma from past lives.

Karma from past lives? So you believe in reincarnation then? Tell me, what is your reasoning for believing such a thing?

Earth is in fact guided by these high dimensional beings..beings 1000 of years ahead of us, in another galaxy.

"In fact?" Really? Now there is an interesting word. Typically such words are capable of being backed up by some pretty substantial evidence. Do you happen to have any evidence to back up your conjecture that Earth is "in fact" guided?

I suspect you don't. But it does appear to me that you believe such. I'll settle for second best in lieu of the fact that you have no facts in this regard by requesting that you explain in depth why you believe this.

Those lucky enough, (myself included) get to see and understand this. Some souls are just heavily grounded on earth's plane and won't get to see for themselves...especially if they choose to be primitive.

I'm sure that you feel lucky. And I'm sure that you think I'm "primitive." Interesting word choice... Do I know you? I think that maybe I do... ;)

just something to think about.

Or maybe something to just shake my head at? I'm not sure which. I'll await your response before deciding.

I don't mean to start an argument, this is of course my views of life and E.T's in general. I don't expect others to believe...but try to acknowledge that it is a possibility. Even if it can't be proven. A lot of it is in fact regarding different dimensions and it's done through meditation...if you're willing to understand. That's why it's hard to have physical evidence. Unless you're willing to see life in a spiritual sense, first.

At least you seem INTERESTED, Boon...I'm impressed. ;)

Curiosity and Awareness is key...only from it will you learn and understand. Understanding one's emotion and curiosity and questioning it is how it starts. You obviously are juggling your feelings about it...I think there is a bit of fear and doubt in you (which is normal). You're looking into a reason for it and i think you will eventually become aware to what many others are awakening too. (spiritually)

We all have guides and these beings who are of LIGHT...who can see us and are waiting to guide you. All you need to do is ask and speak out loud (or meditate)...to be assisted. (keep in mind)

Life is nothing but a school for the soul, reincarnation is the framework of it...souls will keep on doing this until they have become whole and balanced..but that's ONLY done through the person and physicality/emotions. Those who are willing to understand the soul FIRST..will succeed. But since our belief system is so flawed..we are raised to be primitive and destructive/egotistical and to live solely based on the physical aspect of life. BUT This all happens for a reason...only through pain does one learn and become aware. (unless he is willing to become open minded and understanding)

this is where these beings come in.

That being said...soz if i came off harshly. I shouldn't judge...no one should, since I've been in your shoes. Take care.

• Like 1

That being said...soz if i came off harshly. I shouldn't judge...no one should, since I've been in your shoes. Take care.

LOL, sorry but I would say those boots wont fit you!

I respect your beliefs, but I find your presentation to be somewhat patronizing and condescending. You may not even realize it, but you come across as though you believe that you are holding onto a great and secret knowledge of life and the universe; one which you apparently hope I may eventually grow to understand and reach a similar level of enlightenment as you yourself have discovered--because in your view I am "primitive."

That is my take on what you are saying anyway.

At any rate, I do indeed respect your beliefs and if these beliefs are what make you feel good and keep you going from day to day, you are welcome to them.

In terms of ET visitation, you will need to provide something substantial to back that up. ET visitation is a tangible and physical thing which doesn't require spiritualistic transcendentalism. If ET is flying around in the sky, there should be a way to prove it. That is what I'm here trying to see if anyone can provide. So far nobody has provided this. I have no doubt in my mind that you won't be capable of providing it either.

And as far as religious and spiritual beliefs go... there are many to choose from. None of them validate and prove the ETH. But feel free to believe as you wish.

Cheers.

I respect your beliefs, but I find your presentation to be somewhat patronizing and condescending. You may not even realize it, but you come across as though you believe that you are holding onto a great and secret knowledge of life and the universe; one which you apparently hope I may eventually grow to understand and reach a similar level of enlightenment as you yourself have discovered--because in your view I am "primitive."

That is my take on what you are saying anyway.

At any rate, I do indeed respect your beliefs and if these beliefs are what make you feel good and keep you going from day to day, you are welcome to them.

In terms of ET visitation, you will need to provide something substantial to back that up. ET visitation is a tangible and physical thing which doesn't require spiritualistic transcendentalism. If ET is flying around in the sky, there should be a way to prove it. That is what I'm here trying to see if anyone can provide. So far nobody has provided this. I have no doubt in my mind that you won't be capable of providing it either.

And as far as religious and spiritual beliefs go... there are many to choose from. None of them validate and prove the ETH. But feel free to believe as you wish.

Cheers.

I've notice you base your judgement a lot on ones ego, Just because someone claims to have contact or believes deeply in E.T and the spiritual realm...doesn't mean his intentions are to be god or be better than everyone else. What I'm telling you isn't anything knew. Read some of the best written books regarding it...professionals who have done spiritual psychology. They all back up the same beliefs...simply because they have been through a rare event that have awaken them. Many will go through this. The world as we know it is going through a change...we will become beings of higher spiritual awareness. We will have much more compassion and connection towards one another. For so long we have suppressed this, but it's inevitable. As mentioned...many will be going through emotional events to learn from..and discover their true life's purpose. I'm trying to be modest here...not to brag and say you're right or wrong. This is what many have gone through..and it's what we're trying to do...SHARE the experience and have many open their mind's to such beliefs. You don't have to agree or disagree..but be open to it. It's about a positive change..and beings of much higher frequencies are helping us. Of course there are negative forces who play it's part. So does free will..but again, this creates karma and can attract those negative forces. So sometimes these people need to be guided/helped to be awakened.

Do me a favour and put your competitiveness aside...be willing to listen and take notes, rather then be hurt..when someone act's like they are better...I'm sure you feel like YOUR ego's bruised, BOON. Hell with the amount of people cheering you on, i can't blame you. The whole purpose of this is to become better beings. Not that of personality/ego..but of understanding and non judgement. Accepting one another no matter how bad it looks. This can be done if we're willing to understand ourselves first...figure out our emotions and how we work, love our selves..and only then others can love you..and you can them too. Event's in life happen for a reason...sometimes some people do things they have little control of, simply because there SOUL needs balancing, karma plays part there. I could tell you much more...sadly most will consider me insane or a BS artist. Just remember, many around the world are going through this change. It's just well hidden for OBVIOUS reasons.

Take care.

You take care too.

And if you ever manage to find some proof for ET visitation that can convince the rest of us, I would be keenly interested in seeing it.

Thanks for the conversation.

There's another thread on Rendlesham floating around here somewhere where I posted this, but I'll do it again.

The whole incident has been thoroughly debunked. Brian Dunning did a Skeptoid episode about it a couple years back: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4135

It's fairly typical stuff. A good deal of the commonly accepted "facts" turn out to be not true under fairly basic scrutiny. Stories change and become exaggerated over the years. Other non-supporting facts are conveniently left out of the story.

The most telling evidence, however, can be heard in the podcast at the link above. When you sync up Colonel Halt's radio transmissions describing the lights he's seeing with the Orfordness Lighthouse flash intervals, they are an EXACT MATCH.

He was seeing the lighhouse, nothing more.

Edited by Rafterman

I don't believe you. And on the off chance that you were actually told this by someone who was there (which I highly doubt), I don't believe them either.

If this really took place, prove it.

You have to understand that what you believe, doesn't matter. It is what is reality. Three of my compatrots were there, and confinded to me what happened. You only have to read the chain of events that occurred after the incident to know that extraordinary events did occurred, and witnesses involved civilians as well.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Um, details that are not confirmed are called hearsay.

Their accounts are backed by what Colonel Halt has been presenting over the years.

The Mod is the only organisation to take up Klass' work, they seem to be in favour of finding an answer there.

Klass and the MoD!! What does that say? Klass has made a mockery of himself over the decades and was the person who had claimed that an SR-71 was responsible for the 1984 DSP satellite flyby incident, and that the UFOs maneuvering around a B-747 and captured on radar as they were doing so, were the planets, Jupiter and Mars. Also remember, that Klass was dealt with cold,hard reality during the late 1960s and why he finally trashed his claim that plasma was responsible for UFOs.

The MoD was found to have lied about Colonel Halt's memo and the Rendlesham incident as well, so that sums it up as to where they are coming from.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

There's another thread on Rendlesham floating around here somewhere where I posted this, but I'll do it again.

The whole incident has been thoroughly debunked. Brian Dunning did a Skeptoid episode about it a couple years back: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4135

No it hasn't. The following is what that skeptical site has presented.

* Air traffic control West Drayton checked. No knowledge of aircraft. Reports received of aerial phenomena over southern England during the night. Only lights visible this area was from Orford light house. Search made of area - negative* There were three marks in the area which did not follow a set pattern. The impressions made by the marks were of no depth and could have been made by an animal.

* He recognized them as rabbit diggings, several months old and covered with a layer of fallen pine needles... The "burn marks" on the trees were

axe cuts in the bark, made by the foresters themselves as a sign that the trees were ready to be felled.

The marks on the ground had nothing to do with rabbits and were in fact, precisely measured and inprints were made as well. The side of the trees where the marks were found exhibited radioactivity far above normal background readings.

The lighthouse was ruled out as well because the lighthouse cannot be seen from the East Gate, and confirmed by skeptics who visited the area as well. On anther note, how long was that lighthouse in operation before the 1980 incidents? The lighthouse was in operation for decades and yet, no incidents on the level of the Rendlesham incidents except in 1956 where jets were scrambled in the general area where UFOs were tracked from 4000 mph to over 9000 mph, and the lighthouse wasn't responsible for those UFOs either.

To sum it up, you can write off the lighthouse as responsible and the lighthouse had nothing to do with the UFOs in the sky that night either.

• Like 2

You have to understand that what you believe, doesn't matter. It is what is reality. Three of my compatrots were there, and confinded to me what happened. You only have to read the chain of events that occurred after the incident to know that extraordinary events did occurred, and witnesses involved civilians as well.

OH, so now it is three compatriots instead of just one? I still don't believe you.

OH, so now it is three compatriots instead of just one? I still don't believe you.

I don't know why you thought, just one, when I posted compatriots in plural.

I don't know why you thought, just one, when I posted compatriots in plural.

Alright, who exactly are these compatriots then skyeagle?

No it hasn't. The following is what that skeptical site has presented.

The marks on the ground had nothing to do with rabbits and were in fact, precisely measured and inprints were made as well. The side of the trees where the marks were found exhibited radioactivity far above normal background readings.

The lighthouse was ruled out as well because the lighthouse cannot be seen from the East Gate, and confirmed by skeptics who visited the area as well. On anther note, how long was that lighthouse in operation before the 1980 incidents? The lighthouse was in operation for decades and yet, no incidents on the level of the Rendlesham incidents except in 1956 where jets were scrambled in the general area where UFOs were tracked from 4000 mph to over 9000 mph, and the lighthouse wasn't responsible for those UFOs either.

To sum it up, you can write off the lighthouse as responsible and the lighthouse had nothing to do with the UFOs in the sky that night either.

Here we go again with your usual Rendlesham myths...

Fact 1: The beam of the lighthouse was/is visible at and from East Gate. Don't start your usual nonsense about the shielding again, you are wrong every time with that - and you only prove that your compatriots did not know the local area.

Fact 2: The lighthouse was and is visible from within the forest where Halt and his party conducted their night-time wander.

I don't believe in any UFO story. Why? Because they're always at night, There's never any evidence. There is never a clear picture of the craft. It's not difficult to cover up something in the military. You're told if you say anything about this you will be sent somewhere and will disappear off the face of the earth. And the military can do that. While I was in the military, Military Intelligence/Counter Intelligence Agent, there were a couple people I caught. They were brought in but would not sign the non-disclosure act. They were warned what the consequences would be if they didn't sign it. And sure enough a couple days later they were no longer on base. I wanted to further interrogate one of them but was told he'd been sent to Levenworth Prison. Well I contacted Levenworth (which is also a military base) and spoke with both one of my counter parts and with prison officials and they both told me that they never heard of this person. I had some friends and they did some checking and they couldn't locate this person. He just vanished. Depending upon the seriousness of the event the non-disclosure can be any where from 5 years to life time. And they take this extremely serious. Why do you think no one from Area 51 ever talks about it? There's a couple nuts out there who have tried but usually it turns out they had nothing to do with the classified events there and they definitely were not give access to any of the classified areas. Of course they don't want any one to see what''s going on there. That's where they test most of the classified new aircraft. The AF71, the F22, the F35 were or are all being tested there. So until someone can produce solid evidence and a clear, close up photograph and one that's not taken only at night and the craft is not near any classified area, I'll never believe any of the UFO stories.

I wonder if we'll ever hear from this poster again? He registered with this site just to make a couple of posts, evidently directed against Broken Brain, and then disappeared.

Why was that?

He didn't answer me at all, either. I wonder if he really was what he claimed to be, and why he was posting these things?

Let's just say that my experience was very different from his--or maybe it wasn't at all.