Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

develop psychic abilities

mycatmeows

I've been wondering who could help me develop my psychic abilities because I believe everyone has them but is dormant. How could I possible make them active. I'm also trying to learn to see the aura of people.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lumpino

• aquatus1

• Beany

• mycatmeows

Put it this way: For thousands of years, people have been developing, teaching, and practicing psychic abilities. There are even books and classes on the subject, as well as private tutors.

In these thousands of years, we have not had a single person who could repeatably demonstrate any sort of reliable power.

You can find lots of people who will tell you lots of things. Study your history, though, and decide which one is more likely to be correct.

there has been no evidence with or against this

so people just say its fake like they do with anything that contradicts previous beleif or they cant explain it

who knows as far as i see it the mind and how we think explains half of them and chemistry and physics explain another part but i never have understood telekenisis

aerokenisis is nothing more than redirection and amplifying of air currents which is wholey posible those not in large scale(i.e torandos)

pyrokenisis could be acomplished by enhancing the burning process of respiration by adding more feul and oxegen and boosting the chemical burning process though it could leave burns and cause spontanious combustion if done by wrong cell (namely around abdomen especialy before methane is released)

pysco kenisis has puzzled me but i recently came up with a theory im not entirely sure is plausible especialy with our biology

anyway its a matter of how you view it

magic and mystic energy

or simple use of physics and chemistry and biology

or if you view it as a stupid waste of time

but just remember something has to have sparked this idea so similarly in places with no contact with each other just like stonehenge which could be used as an advanced astral observatory

or that line of upright rocks (think its in france or italy the legend is a wizard turned a bunch of men(maybe soldiers) into stone they are aranged in a somewhat straight line quite a few stones wide) by some reason just like the pyramids is placed on the exact location where the earths magnetic fields were out of the ordinary now how did people know to use those percise locations

and these are only a few examples

hey dude, please thoroughly check out psipog.net it's a really good site, its not avtive anymore but all the articles are still there and really useful... Please let me know what you think of the site, and... Yes... Telekenesis and indeed all forms of 'mind over matter' are really very real... We are all capable of so much more than we are led and fooled to believe... And we shall all awaken... Soon... Very soon

I don't have a psychic bone in my body, but from what I understand, you want to take up meditation, maybe some chakra stimulation, and communion with nature. Though I must say that I find chakra stimulation a little boring. I mean focusing on my Solar Plexus chakra and getting a burst of adrenaline is cool and all, but I prefer to do other things with my meditation time.

In these thousands of years, we have not had a single person who could repeatably demonstrate any sort of reliable power.

I visited a "psychic ability" forum a while ago and saw a poster who claimed that "telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and phasing (aka the ability to walk through walls and manipulate atoms) are my specialty." When asked to post a youtube video of such powerful abilities, the poster claimed that it would "mess up the camera." I can't tell you how annoying this guy was. He could change the laws of physics forever, but couldn't bring himself to perform a demonstration. He was either lying or schizophrenic.

That said, I feel obliged to point you to the Psychic Readings sub-forum, where I believe several members possess genuine ability. I didn't believe it until I posted in that forum and received a psychic reading for myself.

Edited by undertheflow

I just did a quick google search of aura vision exercises, and tried this article... It worked for me... :) try it... Best of luck to you man.... :) LINK: thehealingsphere.blogspot.com/2010/03/psychic-development-exercise-aura.html (Also remember to check out psipog.net for more 'psychic' abilitiy articles and exercises and let me know if it's helpful to you too man...) if anyone else has ANY tips, knowledge, stories or personal experiences to share on the subject, please do people... :) tnx.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a long time since I have a time to post here. Thank you guys for the replies. Gonna check it out :)

I think it'd be better to spend your time developing a useful talent such as learning a language, mastering an instrument, playing a sport, etc. Than to waste time trying to develop something that doesn't exist.

I share your belief that everyone has "psychic" abilities but I don't see them as paranormal. I think the world is a far more complex & beautiful place than what most of us perceive, and perhaps arrogant to believe that humankind is the only intelligent & aware life form in the universe. Meditation helps, as it quiets the mind and sometimes leads to a state of heightened awareness that is more perceptive that our usual state of awareness. Sounds like you're on the right track with auras. There are some good books out there, a lot of crap. Let your intuition & inner knowing guide you, keep your heart open, and you'll do fine.

I share your belief that everyone has "psychic" abilities but I don't see them as paranormal. I think the world is a far more complex & beautiful place than what most of us perceive, and perhaps arrogant to believe that humankind is the only intelligent & aware life form in the universe. Meditation helps, as it quiets the mind and sometimes leads to a state of heightened awareness that is more perceptive that our usual state of awareness. Sounds like you're on the right track with auras. There are some good books out there, a lot of crap. Let your intuition & inner knowing guide you, keep your heart open, and you'll do fine.

Also, once you've developed these abilities, trade them into the media and make millions, who needs to know another language when you're that rich eh?!

I'm always wary of people making money off this stuff; I think 99% of them are con artists. maybe they didn't start out that way, but they learn very quickly that people are very gullible and would rather spend money on someone else doing the thinking for them. And the more that's charged, the bigger the fraud. God/spirit/the divine/, whatever, is not cash poor and doesn't own a credit card machine. My feeling is if money is involved, tread very very carefully. And don't give your personal power over to the psychic/medium. Your own inner voice & intuition are the most important sources of information you have, along with friends & family. Trust that over something a stranger says. Rats, I just escaped a rant, it had me in its grips!

Also, once you've developed these abilities, trade them into the media and make millions, who needs to know another language when you're that rich eh?!

I knew I was missing something.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering who could help me develop my psychic abilities because I believe everyone has them but is dormant. How could I possible make them active. I'm also trying to learn to see the aura of people.

Develop psychic abilities? No problem. For expample through meditation of Yoga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

Whenever I see a thread like this, I like to encourage the following.

Respect all ways of being and the points of view that are expressed by them.

Avoid those who would exploit you areas of interest by selling you their assistance.

Ignore those who wish to argue with you about your reality perspectives. That energy exchange is always draining and unproductive.

Best Wishes!!

John

And keep in mind that meditation is always touted as the first and best (and only) advice, but thousands of years of meditation by people who do it 8 hours a day has yet to yield a single repeatable phenomena.

And keep in mind that meditation is always touted as the first and best (and only) advice, but thousands of years of meditation by people who do it 8 hours a day has yet to yield a single repeatable phenomena.

What at the time of meditation before bedtime? What do you think before falling asleep, It keeps your mind (soul) for whole night. And it is wery helpful. It take several minutes before you fall asleep. In ancient times, a very widespread practice, in old Greece and Egypt was used to evoke the gods, angels and demons, for a temple healing, divination, spells of all kinds... see Greece a Egyptian magician papyri for expample. :tu:

What at the time of meditation before bedtime? What do you think before falling asleep, It keeps your mind (soul) for whole night. And it is wery helpful. It take several minutes before you fall asleep. In ancient times, a very widespread practice, in old Greece and Egypt was used to evoke the gods, angels and demons, for a temple healing, divination, spells of all kinds... see Greece a Egyptian magician papyri for expample. :tu:

Just because some ancient culture engaged in nonsense doesn't mean it was useful or something that should be repeated.

Ancient Greece, Egypt and all those "ancient" cultures practically wallowed in mythology and superstition and called it "divine" or suchwhat simply because they were no different than those who believed that monsters caused lightning storms or meteor showers.

Ignore those who wish to argue with you about your reality perspectives.

Ah..I see. Ignore debate and discussion and only talk to those who nod like bobble-head dolls and agree with your way of seeing things? Excellent. God forbid that one actually get in touch with other views and heaven forbid that some dare challenge your fragile perceptions lest they actually change..we wouldn't want that.

I tried to go into the whole psychic thing with an open mind and with as much belief as possible. The more you look around, the more amazed you'll become, followed by being disappointed. It's almost tiring. People who fake things purposely are annoying to no end because they ruin it for everyone who is actually interested. I'd rather someone think its real and not account for a certain factor than purposely fake it. Extreme skeptics are also annoying as they show no open-mindedness whatsoever.

I tried telekinesis (haven't tried much) so as far as that goes, I really cant be sure. I haven't had any luck with it yet simply put. I looked into creating chi balls. When I try to do this, I seem to be able to flow energy around my body at will, yet I've never been able to make a visible chi ball. I can certainly feel the "energy", but is it really energy? Could it be a "placebo" effect? Possibly.

From what I've researched, lucid dreaming and astral projection seem to be pretty legitimate, however in the little amount of time I've put in, I haven't been able to project. I have had luck with lucid dreaming but it happened on it's own without my intervention.

I would love to develop psychic abilities and would like to continue to keep an open mind. I just don't want to be told it bull**** every other second. It makes me uninterested...

Just because some ancient culture engaged in nonsense doesn't mean it was useful or something that should be repeated.

Ancient Greece, Egypt and all those "ancient" cultures practically wallowed in mythology and superstition and called it "divine" or suchwhat simply because they were no different than those who believed that monsters caused lightning storms or meteor showers.

:devil: Not only ancient Greece and Egypt. This way is common in eastern countries today too.

http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/kyt16.html

Beacuse of a meditation in bedtime replace years of meditation routine.

What do you think in the time before bedtime, so his mind, soul, take for whole night.

It ís very good mostly for people, a lot of work, have little free time. :tu:

Oh, I forgot, you are a hard sceptic.

Sure about that?

http://psyphz.psych.wisc.edu/web/News/Meditation_Alters_Brain_WSJ_11-04.htm

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

http://www.meditation-techniques-for-happiness.com/meditation-happiness.html

All i would add is to balance the brain hemispheres and enhance them. Be knowledgable about brain chemistry and there sensations which will help determine the cause of your supposed psychic occurance. I once mastered it for a brief time balancing mind, body, and soul and it was AWESOME. Its such a complicated subject since it involves so much subjective analyzation but if you can distinguish you foolong yourself versus not and clear records of when things happen in your life perhaps giving that false influence than i think we can get to the bottom of this "psychic phenomena". My opinion is that its that level of consiousness that is able to decipher the unfolding universe around us through our unattentative psyche. Its just having that relationship with the unaware part of our primative minds that give rise to higher consciousness. As briefly stated before its a matter of having a healthy mind, body, and a across the board life experience that can hone the skill. What else, be content with the way your life is going because troubles will cloud the mind. You can truely be at another level and from my psychic experience it involves no brain chemical. Its like nothingness but something at the same time. Sounds weird but when it comes its refreshing. Also the control of the ability seems to lie beyond ones ability to control it. Its like if it comes it comes. Its just nature and the organization of the universe. I also would categorize pyschic into levels weak and strong, or clear as day and cloudy. I personally have been in cloudy mode for sometime now :( , but thats because i personally figured it out and its not that important. If humans were not special than why give us consciousness and not be still as a rock. Why did the universe make us aware of itself. Mind evolution is ongoing. One day, one day.

Edited by scar7

Siddhis of Yoga and meditation. Siddhis are Psychic Abilities. And through meditations, (not only Yoga) you can dvelop them.

Hardly. Siddhis are siddhis. Some can be related to psychic abilities, such as mind-reading and knowing the past, present, and future. Of these, and of all the people who have practiced these arts, there simply has been no documented record of anyone who could do it repeatedly.

And please, do not try to pretend that all the siddhis are psychic abilities. That is just going to get silly.