Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Borley Rectory Wall Writing

Sightings

This is a photograph, of a sample of the mysterious writing that would appear on the walls of the rooms within Borley Rectory.

user posted image

The people living in the house at the time attempted to communicate with whatever was creating the writing, as can be seen in the picture.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Sidhe

• Ares137

• weezil936

Not so confident about this one.

For one, Marianne was a confessed prankster, a female starved of a social life and interests. She confessed to causing some of the reported manifestations at Borley, and since this particular one features her as a central point, I'm doubtful, highly doubtful.

That said, there were manifestations of incredible diversity and strength witnessed at Borley prior to and after her time there.

I think Borley was indeed a disturbed house, but whether this is evidence of that, I don't know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The writing was only said to appear when Marianne was on her own, no matter how many times she asked or waited, while there was another person present there was no reply, but as soon as they left the room, there was a reply.

It has the look of automatic writing, which requires a living human, of course. It reminds me of the emporer Caligula, who was the subject of a similar haunting before he became emp. Well, I am relying on Robert Graves' version of that, however.. he explained how Caligula had done it himself so he could get away with a murder or somesuch..

I don't know the story of the Borley Rectory. Must have been interesting.

• 1 month later...

i saw another one where they confersed on an envelope. something wrote 'marianne' she wrote 'what do you want' it wrote 'rest'. the end. blink.gif