Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypersonic aircraft that flies at 20 times

Still Waters

320 MILLION Crashed and burned. How much more money will be spent on figuring out what went wrong. (I would have love to see that crash. It must have been spectacular.)

Assuming it was traveling at its intended speed, it probably would have disintegrated on impact.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Verneph

• Mr Supertypo

• Grandpa Greenman

• The Dreamer - Hybrid89

:blush: As if those in charge of the DoD are likely to worry about 320 million here or there. That's about as much as Obama borrows from china every day, isn't it. Anyway, that's what test flights are for, there's always a "back to the drawing board" moment at some time or other. And at least with his new fangled modern technology, there wasn't a pilot to worry about. (Although I wonder sometimes if the pilots weren't also seen as part of the equipment, and it might be unfortunate if they were lost, but they could always be replaced by another.)

We need more of this kind of experiment. Military reasearch and tecnology, always fall back to the civilian market....like jet engines or internet. So we need mooore :-D

LoL... 5..4..3..2..1.. ZoooooooooOoOoOoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM , where'd it go!? :huh:

i'm not sure why this strikes me as so silly .

Super Weapons, ermm im sure this could have much more possibilities in maybe other fields other then giving us MORE weapons to blow each other up with. The world is bad enough.

new technology is always a good thing but very often it is misused. If I recall the story of the man who invented dynamite, he won the nobel prize for it, his intentions were for it to clear mountains andstuff [if I recall correctly] but as you all know it was used for other purposes.

Super Weapons, ermm im sure this could have much more possibilities in maybe other fields other then giving us MORE weapons to blow each other up with. The world is bad enough.

new technology is always a good thing but very often it is misused. If I recall the story of the man who invented dynamite, he won the nobel prize for it, his intentions were for it to clear mountains andstuff [if I recall correctly] but as you all know it was used for other purposes.

*ahem* Alfred Nobel invented dynamite, and did not win a Nobel Peace Prize for it. He instituted the prize in order to encourage peaceful scientific discoveries because he felt immense guilt that his invention was being used for war.

• 1 month later...

*ahem* Alfred Nobel invented dynamite, and did not win a Nobel Peace Prize for it. He instituted the prize in order to encourage peaceful scientific discoveries because he felt immense guilt that his invention was being used for war.

When I wrote this it as some time ago and I was winging it, I did this in history like 14 years ago. You were right, I was wrong, I dont give a **** :)