Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TPMichelle Bachmann Asked for Stimulus Money

THE MATRIX

My link

WASHINGTON -- Few candidates in the Republican presidential primary field have decried the federal government with as much gusto as Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). The three-term congresswoman has belittled the stimulus package, deemed the Obama administration both corrupt and "gangster," and lamented the "orgy" of spending she sees happening in Washington.

The contempt has served her well, helping her craft the type of fiscally conservative, anti-government message that has catapulted her into frontrunner status for the Iowa Caucus and, more immediately, Saturday's crucial Ames Straw Poll.

But it's simply not supported by the Minnesota Republican's actual record.

A Freedom of Information Act request filed by The Huffington Post with three separate federal agencies reveals that on at least 16 separate occasions, Bachmann petitioned the federal government for direct financial help or aid. A large chunk of those requests were for funds set aside through President Obama's stimulus program, which Bachmann once labeled "fantasy economics." Bachmann made two more of those requests to the Environmental Protection Agency, an institution that she has suggested she would eliminate if she were in the White House.

Taken as a whole, the letters underscore what Bachmann's critics describe as a glaring distance between her campaign oratory and her actual conduct as a lawmaker. Combined with previous revelations that Bachmann personally relied on a federally subsidized home loan while her husband's business benefited from Medicaid payments, it appears that one of the Tea Party's most cherished members has demonstrated that the government does, in fact, play a constructive role -- at least in her life and district.

Bunch of HYPOCRITES! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supervike

• conspiracybeliever

• ohio traveler

• Damrod

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She uses the same tactics as Palin only she tries to sound more intelligent. She's not quite so "obvious".

I just wish that her stupid campaign would quit calling my house.

Seriously, three calls an evening from a Robo-taped Michelle Bachmann is getting on my nerves. I'm not even sure how I got on their calling lists, as I've never registered as a republican.

Everytime that I read something about her I agree with, I turn around and have to read something like this that makes me think that she is just another lying hypocritical politician.

Not a huge shocker...I heard about the farm subsidies...but I suppose that was supposed to be ok...for her and her family anyway...

Amazing isn't it...that so many ignorant people can be so gullible to fall for the fear tactics that say there is no alternative road to prosperity...except theirs...makes your brain hurt...

tumblr_lo5w5fB8JD1qdihbvo1_400.gif

Edited by Damrod