Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NE AG Compares Welfare Recp to RACCOONS

THE MATRIX

My link

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning, the Tea Party-backed candidate running to unseat Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) next year, compared welfare recipients to raccoons and took a shot at the Environmental Protection Agency in a recent speech.

In the undated video, shot by the liberal group American Bridge 21st Century, Bruning tells the story of a local construction project that was halted so as not to harm an endangered species of beetle.

"So the biologist has to go out there, and he sets these traps," Bruning tells his audience. "They put a rat carcass in the bottom, and the beetles crawl up and they fall into the bottom of it. And they put all these buckets up and down the side of the road and they capture all the Burying Beetles. The biologist goes out in the morning, grabs the beetles, and they take them two miles down and they gently let the beetles out. So that the beetles will survive."

There's a problem with this plan that "the biologist or EPA or whoever it is" concocted, Bruning says.

"The raccoons figure out the beetles are in the bucket," Bruning says. "And it's like grapes in a jar. The raccoons, they're not stupid, they're going to do the easy way if we make it easy for them -- just like welfare recipients all across America. If we don't send them to work, they're going to take the easy way out."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supervike

• acidhead

• THE MATRIX

• GnomeWatcher

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got a good point.

Welfare and social services are a vitally imporatant part of our society. But, the problem stems from the rampant abuse of the program, and people choosing to live on social services as their career.

Great analogy. With no incentive to do something for yourself handouts only breed more of the same. Economic psychology 101.

He's got a good point.

Welfare and social services are a vitally imporatant part of our society. But, the problem stems from the rampant abuse of the program, and people choosing to live on social services as their career.

Exactly. I personally know several people who are more than capable of working, but somehow have found a way to collect welfare and food stamps.

And they will milk it for as long as they possibly can.

Exactly. I personally know several people who are more than capable of working, but somehow have found a way to collect welfare and food stamps.

And they will milk it for as long as they possibly can.

Yep, me too. I personally know of people that coach others on what to say/do, to maximize benefits.

It's just a big joke to these people.

Again, let me emphasize, I think social programs are vitally important. I don't want to see people go hungry, and I want my tax dollars to help those that are truly in need. But I don't want to do help because someone is just too lazy to get out of bed.

We do need welfare reform. We need social services but we also need rules and checkpoints just like the corporations need regulations.

We do need welfare reform. We need social services but we also need rules and checkpoints just like the corporations need regulations.

it just those regulations on corporations that have driven them overseas, which has cost us many jobs. All those regulations were put in place by greedy redistributionist democrats, not the greedy lets give everyone a tax break republicans.