Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

riots sparked by police beating 16yr old girl

Little Fish

Maybe if you take into account the fact that she was not just the only person outside the police station at that time....she was one of over a hundred.Would you not be intimidated and on edge faced with such a crowd .?...

these are riot police. they do a lot of training in crowd control, furthermore they act on orders as militarised units, if they act on intimidation they are not doing their jobs. projecting what you would feel in the situation is not the correct way to look at it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Little Fish

• FLOMBIE

• TSS

• Abramelin

I don't care much about who is getting beaten. There were plenty of kids and girls amongst the rioters and looters, if that's what they want to do then let them suffer the consequences.

Beating them takes way too much effort.. How about next time the police just open fire on the crowd. Better yet, have the airforce call in an airstrike.

Ignorant b******..

these are riot police. they do a lot of training in crowd control, furthermore they act on orders as militarized units, if they act on intimidation they are not doing their jobs. projecting what you would feel in the situation is not the correct way to look at it.

Why not ask any young recruit that does his basic training then 6 months later is sent to Afghanistan if he is ready for it because of his training....Every situation is unique and is a lot different from what you are trained so i think they are allowed a bit of leeway.

at the moment that is rumour and hearsay, no first hand witness to this. the two witnesses we have make no mention of a bottle, or throwing any object.

no one suggested she was calm, not being calm is not reason to be beaten with battons.

the two witnesses corroborate each other on this.

that seems to be the case according to the eyewitnesses.

According to ONE of the eyewitnesses. The other one says nothing about beating!

Great logic, so when someone gets attacked by the police, you go riotting, looting any shop you are able to enter with your mates, and steal all the things you always wanted.

Yeah, I think I get it now.

When you get attacked by a person you report it and they get charged. What do you do when a cop does the same? Internal affairs does nothing, why would they rat out their buddies? Go ahead, crawl back under your rock. You have no idea how corrupt the system really is.

Hopefully the girl sues the **** out of the police department and ends up set for life financially. I'd also want those officer's jobs axed. The rioters should figure out where they live, then pay them a visit.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Hopefully the girl sues the **** out of the police department and ends up set for life financially. I'd also want those officer's jobs axed. The rioters should figure out where they live, then pay them a visit.

Sadly, all they'll probably get is paid time off.

Well, that settles it...The judge and jury have made their decision with the two "eye witnesses'" accounts, out of over 150 people.

Why does everybody have blackberries and cell phone with cameras? Just to twitter to each other on when and where to riot?

Edited by Michelle

I prefer the alternative version, whereby she is charged with a public order offence, which effect her job prospects, and the officers that are accused are promoted to heads of public relations.

Well, that settles it...The judge and jury have made their decision with the two "eye witnesses'" accounts, out of over 150 people.

you do not have the accounts of the other 148. it seems your assumption is that those 148 disagree with the eyewitness accounts that we do have. this is a logical fallacy. you need to examine what you do have, not examine what you don't have.

you do not have the accounts of the other 148. it seems your assumption is that those 148 disagree with the eyewitness accounts that we do have. this is a logical fallacy. you need to examine what you do have, not examine what you don't have.

No, the logical fallacy is giving credence to one claim (and a poor video showing nothing) when there are no others supporting it despite many being present at the time.....it is also a logical fallacy to support rioting based on this when said rioters were not even aware of this claim.

Why does everybody have blackberries and cell phone with cameras? Just to twitter to each other on when and where to riot?

Yes, all these poor people with their blackberry accounts, i heard one of the rioters could only afford 500 min talk time 300 txt and 500mb Internet access.

Yes, all these poor people with their blackberry accounts, i heard one of the rioters could only afford 500 min talk time 300 txt and 500mb Internet access.

They should sue, surely it's a human right by now to have an Ipad2...

No, the logical fallacy is giving credence to one claim (and a poor video showing nothing) when there are no others supporting it despite many being present at the time.....it is also a logical fallacy to support rioting based on this when said rioters were not even aware of this claim.

Exactly!!! I've taken some time out to read some of the blogs that people have put up about this "innocent 16 year old girl" getting "beaten up" by the "oppressive pigs". They are all regurgitating the same two "eye witness" accounts and yet no more evidence has come to light. No other witnesses, no video, no nothing.

If a girl was actually wrongfully attacked by police officers (and it has happened before, many times throughout recent history) then they should be fired, end of story.

No, the logical fallacy is giving credence to one claim (and a poor video showing nothing) when there are no others supporting it despite many being present at the time.

you do not know the accounts of the others that were there. what you don't know is not evidence. what you know is evidence. this is the basis of the scientific method, the legal system, rudimentary investigation procedure, and formal logic going back to the greek philosophers. you would be turning your back on the cornerstones of western cvilisation by throwing all that away in support of the unknown. Edited by Little Fish

If a girl was actually wrongfully attacked by police officers (and it has happened before, many times throughout recent history) then they should be fired, end of story.

Absolutely, but I would still like to see some corroborating evidence of some kind, rather than take the word of one person that may have a bone to pick.

you do not know the accounts of the others that were there. what you don't know is not evidence. what you know is evidence. this is the basis of the scientific method, the legal system, rudimentary investigation procedure, and formal logic going back to the greek philosophers. you would be turning your back on the cornerstones of western cvilisation by throwing all that away in support of the unknown.

That would actually be quite an amusing post if I thought you were joking - but as you're not, it isn't.

Scientific method - based on repeatability and/or observable evidence.

Legal system - based on either corroborating evidence or irrefutable evidence.

Rudimentary Investigative Procedure - Never form a conclusion until being in receipt of the facts (even a basic Private Investigators course will teach you that).

Formal Logic - you have displyed a complete lack of that i'm afraid.

Exactly!!! I've taken some time out to read some of the blogs that people have put up about this "innocent 16 year old girl" getting "beaten up" by the "oppressive pigs". They are all regurgitating the same two "eye witness" accounts and yet no more evidence has come to light. No other witnesses, no video, no nothing.

Just the usual anti-police rants no doubt - it never ceases to amaze me how grown adults (as in this thread) can advocate tarring all police with the same brush, and support abusing and throwing rocks at them, based on one account alleging wrong doing at one or two police officer....I find it quite childish and a little sad to be honest.

When you get attacked by a person you report it and they get charged. What do you do when a cop does the same?

I have the answer, you burn down someones home.
Go ahead, crawl back under your rock. You have no idea how corrupt the system really is.

You are a moron.

If the claims are true then the issue is with the individual police officers at that station.

How does this justify the widespread lawlessness (rioting, burglary, looting, aggravated assault, arson, manslaughter if not suspected murder, etc etc) across the country - and where these morons have no regard for property, livelihoods or life itself?

It doesnt justify it. But we should not simply turn a blind eye to the actions of the police due to the actions of certain individuals in the crowd.

I have, for a long time, believed that police officers are lawful, respectful people, and that they would never allow anyone with any questionable ethics to become a police officer... but not too long ago, a friend of mine has told me about some of the things their relative, a police officer, brags about, and that did open my eyes to the corruption within police departments. This is not reported on, this is not in the MSM, yet it still happens. People should not simply assume that the actions of a police officer (or rather, their story behind their actions) are true simply because they are a police officer, nor can you assume that fellow police officers would stop their buddies from doing something wrong, unlawful or immoral simply because of their status as police officers.

You need to look at the big picture, and look at both parties with an objective eye, particularly when one of the parties is in a better position to get away with wrongdoings.

Has anyone established who this 16 yr old girl was and why she was keeping company with a 29 yr. old gun toting drug dealer? It seems as though neither the family or the people at the protest knew her. Just asking.

I saw no one say she was beaten either. Just that she was encouraged to go back with the rest of the people who were gathered there. If the cops had hurt her in anyway, they all would have had something to say and since their purpose for being there in the first place was because of someone who had been shot, my guess would be that they probably would, loudly.

Has anyone established who this 16 yr old girl was and why she was keeping company with a 29 yr. old gun toting drug dealer?

Because she is, in most likelihood, a little hoodie, trouble-making thug who was pushed by the police because she started throwing rocks at them and is not the poor, little, innocent victim that was set upon for the police for no reason that one or two people on this thread like to portray her as.

Daily Mail

7th August 2011

Mr Duggan was shot by officers from the Metropolitan Police’s CO19 unit on Thursday evening after the minicab he was travelling in was stopped. There was an apparent ‘exchange’ of fire and a bullet was found lodged in a police radio.

Mr Duggan died at the scene and an officer was injured, but left hospital after treatment.

The violence last night started soon after a crowd of about 120 had begun to gather at the High Road, near Tottenham Hotspur’s football ground, from about 5.30pm.

One resident, Laurence Bailey, told the Guardian that the violence started after a 16-year-old girl 'threw something, maybe a stone, at the original riot police line'.

He added that this was met with a furious response, with around 15 riot officers pounding her with shields.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023254/Tottenham-riot-Mark-Duggan-shooting-sparked-police-beating-girl.html#ixzz1V6JlW3X0

Edited by Blackwhite

It should be the other way around. The police should track this girl down, haul her before the magistrates and get her sent to prison for throwing missiles at police.

It seems almost certain now that the trouble started when a little 16 year old thug threw rocks at riot police. What did she and therefore she deserved what she got. What did she and her moron mates think would happen after they threw rocks at police?

Edited by Blackwhite