Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Years of liberal dogma spawned a generation

Socio

Alright so why do we need to "encourage" marriage? I was a single mother for many years and I've known many single mothers and very few were on welfare. I can't say the same about the married couples I know. Almost all of them were dropping kids left and right and were almost all on welfare. That is the reality you should face. And another reality you should face is that you caused your own problems. What kind of people, specifically "men" blame their problems on women and children? What a bunch of worthless ****ing cowards! It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "women and children first". When we go down it won't be like the Titanic that's for sure! :blink:

has a single mother for many years did you at the time have a supporting family like your mother and father, grandparents etc. who would also help care for your child?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• F3SS

• itsnotoutthere

• quillius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding I have caused my own problems in life. That's the whole point here. Personal responsibility is the answer to all this nonsense. Noone needs to encourage marriage, but it can't hurt to. People who are raised in a complete and caring family are more likely to do better in life vs people who are raised in a welfare house. I know it goes either way like you stated. However, I think I see what you are doing here. You are taking all the crappy cards you have been delt in life and taking your problems out on us. I think you were in a bad marriage, had a scummy husband, had to do things on your own, didn't like it, became an anti-marriage man-hating liberal feminist who thinks the world owes you something. How many of those did I get right?

You certainly are angry, that's for sure.

You are wrong on all except the fact that I am angry and I think the world owes me something. I am angry but not for any of the reasons you stated. My marriage was not that bad. I chose to end it. My husband was a research engineer at IBM. I left the marriage with nothing because I chose to. I like doing things on my own. That's the way I've lived my life. I don't hate men any more than I hate women. I am anti-marriage. I think it creates really stupid women at least down here in 3rd world America. Down here in 3rd world America success for a woman is whether rolling over and spreading your legs gets you the food stamps or the money or the mooney as my ex-sister-in-law who got a free education and took interior design so she could decorate her house when she married the mooney says. I never hated my husband. I got angry with him many times, I never hated him. He was very bitter for a long time. He did pay child support for many years because I never remarried because I didn't like it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to spend the rest of their lives with one person in the same place. I don't get it. And yes I do think the world owes me something because I've worked for it and the world has certainly stolen enough from me so yes you are right about that. Now tell me what those women did to you. Why do you hate them so much?

has a single mother for many years did you at the time have a supporting family like your mother and father, grandparents etc. who would also help care for your child?

No none of the above.

You are wrong on all except the fact that I am angry and I think the world owes me something. I am angry but not for any of the reasons you stated. My marriage was not that bad. I chose to end it. My husband was a research engineer at IBM. I left the marriage with nothing because I chose to. I like doing things on my own. That's the way I've lived my life. I don't hate men any more than I hate women. I am anti-marriage. I think it creates really stupid women at least down here in 3rd world America. Down here in 3rd world America success for a woman is whether rolling over and spreading your legs gets you the food stamps or the money or the mooney as my ex-sister-in-law who got a free education and took interior design so she could decorate her house when she married the mooney says. I never hated my husband. I got angry with him many times, I never hated him. He was very bitter for a long time. He did pay child support for many years because I never remarried because I didn't like it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to spend the rest of their lives with one person in the same place. I don't get it. And yes I do think the world owes me something because I've worked for it and the world has certainly stolen enough from me so yes you are right about that. Now tell me what those women did to you. Why do you hate them so much?

No none of the above.

What is it you think the world owes you then?

So we are in control of all our circumstances and if we all just pulled up our socks and got on our bikes we would be living in Utopia.

Simple solution's don't cut it in a world of complexity. Thats the problem with the Conservative outlook - a few simple rhetorical tools can solve all issues without even understanding them :w00t: :w00t:

And those ****ing Grannies can get a job to :tu: Sponging cows :lol:

Br Cornelius

Yep what the conservatives are basically saying is "let them eat cake":yes:

What is it you think the world owes you then?

I'm not saying. I would have to write a book and I don't have time. Why do you ask?

I'm not saying. I would have to write a book and I don't have time. Why do you ask?

It's just a very bold statement to make to say the world owes you...so I was intrigued, nothing more.

It's just a very bold statement to make to say the world owes you...so I was intrigued, nothing more.

Well it seems the world or at least America has been using me for years for a welfare check or free money and giving nothing in return. I think it's time for payback. You know... that trickle down thing that they keep talking about.

After 132 ping pongs I should say that we make a reality check:

The fact of the matter is that the big city slums were never any different than they are now. Liberals or not. If you don't believe me just check the Dickens novels.

Edit: Just the slums got a little bigger, The 19th century East End is everywhere.

Rest my case.

Edited by questionmark

The fact of the matter is that the big city slums were never any different than they are now. Liberals or not. If you don't believe me just check the Dickens novels.

Edit: Just the slums got a little bigger, The 19th century East End is everywhere.

Rest my case.

I would tend to agree.

Br Cornelius

The world owes me too. I was born and had too work!!! the indignity of it all

You poor thing. Just blame it on women and children like everybody else. :rolleyes:

A woman I used to work with was always going on about her sister who "lucked" into a PCP overdose and now lived on SS Disability. She used to talk about how she wished she could be injured and claim Workers Comp for the rest of her life. I'm sorry that I don't like paying for these kinds of people to collect a free check every month.

A woman I used to work with was always going on about her sister who "lucked" into a PCP overdose and now lived on SS Disability. She used to talk about how she wished she could be injured and claim Workers Comp for the rest of her life. I'm sorry that I don't like paying for these kinds of people to collect a free check every month.

Not really a very nuanced analysis of the situation there.

I am certain we could all agree with you there, but there are underlying issues of opportunity which blaming the victim just ignores. I remember in the wake of the Thatcher recession in the 1990's going for interview after interview for ****ty jobs which never panned out - sending out 100's of letter's. Was it my fault or possibly the fault of an economy in recession which no longer needed labour ???

Br Cornelius

I don't like paying for people when it's not necessary and there are plenty of them. I don't like paying for people who create reasons for the need. And the thing I really don't like is people who don't know who those people are but the TV tells them it's the single mother so they run around ranting and raving about the single mother. And I think it's really odd when the actual people who are really cheating the system are doing the ranting and raving and there are plenty of those. :wacko:

No none of the above.

I have never been with a woman like that. I just stated that I've known one too many throughout my life. I steer clear of that type of crowd at least enough to know not to be or get involved with them. Those people I have in mind are or were friends of friends, people I have worked with and unfortunately some people in my own family. You can't always help who you know but you also don't have to be involved with them to recognize the disgusting things they do. That type is usually proud of being scum. They openly show their proudness but don't realize they are lowlifes. They think they are living the life.

BTW, noone owes you squat. :no:

Rest my case.

Have we finally agreed on something? I think we have....

The world owes me too. I was born and had too work!!! the indignity of it all

Yea me too. Whaaa!... I had to grow up....Whaaa!

I don't like paying for people when it's not necessary and there are plenty of them. I don't like paying for people who create reasons for the need. And the thing I really don't like is people who don't know who those people are but the TV tells them it's the single mother so they run around ranting and raving about the single mother. And I think it's really odd when the actual people who are really cheating the system are doing the ranting and raving and there are plenty of those. :wacko:

Then why do you believe anyone should pay for what you think you are owed? You're sounding hypocritical now. The things I highlighted in bold are the same exact things I have been saying and you have been yelling at me for. As for the blame the single mother issue you have, look at your last sentence. I only blame those particular single moms, the rest is on the government. Welfare is abused enough and it's up to the gov. and those who feel entitled to stop it.

Edited by Is it for real

I have never been with a woman like that. I just stated that I've known one too many throughout my life. I steer clear of that type of crowd at least enough to know not to be or get involved with them. Those people I have in mind are or were friends of friends, people I have worked with and unfortunately some people in my own family. You can't always help who you know but you also don't have to be involved with them to recognize the disgusting things they do. That type is usually proud of being scum. They openly show their proudness but don't realize they are lowlifes. They think they are living the life.

BTW, noone owes you squat. :no:

Have we finally agreed on something? I think we have....

Yea me too. Whaaa!... I had to grow up....Whaaa!

Then why do you believe anyone should pay for what you think you are owed? You're sounding hypocritical now. The things I highlighted in bold are the same exact things I have been saying and you have been yelling at me for. As for the blame the single mother issue you have, look at your last sentence. I only blame those particular single moms, the rest is on the government. Welfare is abused enough and it's up to the gov. and those who feel entitled to stop it.

Are you sure you had to grow up? So she didn't leave you and you're mad because you think she's out partying with your 2 kids and the $45 a week you pay her in child support? :rolleyes: You sound like a boss I had years ago.

I think I am owed because I and people like me have been used for a welfare for many years by politicians, lawyers, doctors and the general public for many years. None of the trickling happened. I have never gotten welfare but everyone around me has. I think I am owed.

It comes to shows progress has made life not only better, but with less risks and dangers we're once used to living with. Our societies evolved over the ages from a pre-industrial one free of technology and a stricter emphasis of "getting the job done" with no breaks or the saying goes "All work and no play" to become the opposite of the era our grand/greatgrandparents grew up in. They wished for a world not full of toil and boil, or having to work things out by "blood, sweat and tears" with no guarantees in life, no such thing as a welfare state and a strong god-fearing ethical lifestyle in a puritanical American culture. But remember be careful what you wish for.

Are you sure you had to grow up? So she didn't leave you and you're mad because you think she's out partying with your 2 kids and the $45 a week you pay her in child support? :rolleyes: You sound like a boss I had years ago.

I think I am owed because I and people like me have been used for a welfare for many years by politicians, lawyers, doctors and the general public for many years. None of the trickling happened. I have never gotten welfare but everyone around me has. I think I am owed.

Yet, after moaning about your taxes going towards welfare (including single mothers, but they aren't the issue here), you now want to recieve welfare and become part of the problem?

Sorry if im wrong, i just want to clarify your stand point

Yet, after moaning about your taxes going towards welfare (including single mothers, but they aren't the issue here), you now want to recieve welfare and become part of the problem?

Sorry if im wrong, i just want to clarify your stand point

Would you do away with welfare then. Let them starve seem a better option ?

Those ****ing spunging garnnies again :w00t:

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

You nailed it. Your insight is uncanny. :blink:

Then go apply for it already. I'll make sure I work a little more this week to help pay for it.

Would you do away with welfare then. Let them starve seem a better option ?

Those ****ing spunging garnnies again :w00t:

Br Cornelius

A more efficient program would help yes. Our welfare system is horrible.

I don't know what a garnnie is but it is the spungers we don't like, need or want. We don't mind helping those in need. The fact is far too many on welfare DO NOT NEED IT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY WELL AND ABLE TO WORK. Maybe or maybe not a desk job, but McD's, laboring, digging ditches or whatever. At least make an attempt to earn a dime for themselves.

If people are starving you don't give them a fish everyday, you teach them how to fish. If I was out of work and my family was starving I would be more determined each day to earn some cash and not wait for someone to feed us. Where is your self-pride corneilus?

Edited by Is it for real

You nailed it. Your insight is uncanny. :blink:

Then go apply for it already. I'll make sure I work a little more this week to help pay for it.

What are you people talking about? Did I say I want welfare? When you owe someone something and pay them are you giving them welfare? :wacko:

I don't know what a garnnie is but it is the spungers we don't like, need or want. We don't mind helping those in need. The fact is far too many on welfare DO NOT NEED IT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY WELL AND ABLE TO WORK. Maybe or maybe not a desk job, but McD's, laboring, digging ditches or whatever. At least make an attempt to earn a dime for themselves.

If people are starving you don't give them a fish everyday, you teach them how to fish. If I was out of work and my family was starving I would be more determined each day to earn some cash and not wait for someone to feed us. Where is your self-pride corneilus?

You make the naive assumption that those jobs are just out there waiting to be done. Its unemployment because the employers have all gone away to China and India. Who's going to pay for all this work to be done ???

Are you considering reintroducing the workhouse ??

Start living in the present rather than some fantasy Dickensian past.

Br Cornelius

Do you personally know any of these worthless bums you are always ranting and raving about? How do you know these things? Where do you get these ideas?

You make the naive assumption that those jobs are just out there waiting to be done. Its unemployment because the employers have all gone away to China and India. Who's going to pay for all this work to be done ???

Are you considering reintroducing the workhouse ??

Start living in the present rather than some fantasy Dickensian past.

Br Cornelius

Then pull together the talents you may have and use them to form a business. If you do well you can slowly add 1 more employee to your roster, take on a little more business, keep that up and slowly you can add more employees as needed and so on and so on. That's how you can help your fellow man. That is how jobs are created. That is what I have done. In 1 year I have gone from 2-5 employees, plus sub-contractors I help keep busy almost year round. The job market was tough at least in the area I was focused on. So I helped myself, with determination business has grown. I am now a job provider. For every thousand people like myself, 2000-5000 jobs are created. *Edit: 2000-5000 people with paychecks buy things. People that buy things help other businesses flourish and boost the economy. Businesses that flourish hire more people. Do you see the effect? People with paychecks pay taxes. More taxes bring down deficits and if enough people are paying then tax rates could drop. If tax rates drop then people have more money to save for retirement, emergencies and economy boosting purchases.* Good things could happen if more people would stop waiting for help to arrive and took a similar path as myself, imagine the changes in society. Complainers create nothing. The complainers do nothing to help the people whom they complain for, the poor and the sick. Folks like me help, maybe in small doses compared to what's needed, but we help. Do good work, please your customers and they will happily be the ones who pay for all the work to be done. I did this all without a single loan from a bank or person btw.

Do you personally know any of these worthless bums you are always ranting and raving about? How do you know these things? Where do you get these ideas?

Yes, I told you that some are unfortunately members of my own family. Others are just people I have known throughout the course of my life. I don't consume my life b!tch!ng about them. I have simply got caught up in a conversation here. These aren't ideas. They are realities. If you are not one of them bums then you should be on my side.

Edited by Is it for real