Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Years of liberal dogma spawned a generation

Socio

Then pull together the talents you may have and use them to form a business. If you do well you can slowly add 1 more employee to your roster, take on a little more business, keep that up and slowly you can add more employees as needed and so on and so on. That's how you can help your fellow man. That is how jobs are created. That is what I have done. In 1 year I have gone from 2-5 employees, plus sub-contractors I help keep busy almost year round. The job market was tough at least in the area I was focused on. So I helped myself, with determination business has grown. I am now a job provider. For every thousand people like myself, 2000-5000 jobs are created. *Edit: 2000-5000 people with paychecks buy things. People that buy things help other businesses flourish and boost the economy. Businesses that flourish hire more people. Do you see the effect? People with paychecks pay taxes. More taxes bring down deficits and if enough people are paying then tax rates could drop. If tax rates drop then people have more money to save for retirement, emergencies and economy boosting purchases.* Good things could happen if more people would stop waiting for help to arrive and took a similar path as myself, imagine the changes in society. Complainers create nothing. The complainers do nothing to help the people whom they complain for, the poor and the sick. Folks like me help, maybe in small doses compared to what's needed, but we help. Do good work, please your customers and they will happily be the ones who pay for all the work to be done. I did this all without a single loan from a bank or person btw.

Yes, I told you that some are unfortunately members of my own family. Others are just people I have known throughout the course of my life. I don't consume my life b!tch!ng about them. I have simply got caught up in a conversation here. These aren't ideas. They are realities. If you are not one of them bums then you should be on my side.

So besides knowing the bums personally how do you know which ones are the those that are deserving of help and which ones are the bums?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• F3SS

• itsnotoutthere

• quillius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So besides knowing the bums personally how do you know which ones are the those that are deserving of help and which ones are the bums?

This is pointless with you.

Then pull together the talents you may have and use them to form a business. If you do well you can slowly add 1 more employee to your roster, take on a little more business, keep that up and slowly you can add more employees as needed and so on and so on. That's how you can help your fellow man. That is how jobs are created. That is what I have done. In 1 year I have gone from 2-5 employees, plus sub-contractors I help keep busy almost year round. The job market was tough at least in the area I was focused on. So I helped myself, with determination business has grown. I am now a job provider. For every thousand people like myself, 2000-5000 jobs are created. *Edit: 2000-5000 people with paychecks buy things. People that buy things help other businesses flourish and boost the economy. Businesses that flourish hire more people. Do you see the effect? People with paychecks pay taxes. More taxes bring down deficits and if enough people are paying then tax rates could drop. If tax rates drop then people have more money to save for retirement, emergencies and economy boosting purchases.* Good things could happen if more people would stop waiting for help to arrive and took a similar path as myself, imagine the changes in society. Complainers create nothing. The complainers do nothing to help the people whom they complain for, the poor and the sick. Folks like me help, maybe in small doses compared to what's needed, but we help. Do good work, please your customers and they will happily be the ones who pay for all the work to be done. I did this all without a single loan from a bank or person bt

As much as I can admire what you have personally achieved here - I do not consider starting your own business a viable option for most people.

The risks are huge as an average of 70% of all start up businesses fail within the first 5yrs. When they fail they generally leave the business in considerable debt which requires declaring yourself bankrupt. In Ireland Bankruptcy lasts for 10yrs minimum. Most people are not prepared to take those risks and most people are just not cut out to be business men/women.

Br Cornelius

This is pointless with you.

It is if you expect me to just go along with what you are saying. But I'm glad you didn't answer the question. It is pointless to try to reason with people like you. People with tunnel vision who aren't capable of seeing anyone but themselves in that tunnel and the world revolves around them. :rolleyes:

As much as I can admire what you have personally achieved here - I do not consider starting your own business a viable option for most people.

The risks are huge as an average of 70% of all start up businesses fail within the first 5yrs. When they fail they generally leave the business in considerable debt which requires declaring yourself bankrupt. In Ireland Bankruptcy lasts for 10yrs minimum. Most people are not prepared to take those risks and most people are just not cut out to be business men/women.

Br Cornelius

Thank you. You are right. It hasn't been quite 5 years for me but things are looking good. I only spend what I can for the business and save cash for the bigger tools and machines I need. I don't like being in debt. In the beginning I took all the cash I could but never had anything for the business when I needed it. Had some fun and lots of spending money but I learned quickly I should take less and be more responsible. I was just showing an example of one possible way you can help yourself and others that I know of from personal experience.

It is if you expect me to just go along with what you are saying. But I'm glad you didn't answer the question. It is pointless to try to reason with people like you. People with tunnel vision who aren't capable of seeing anyone but themselves in that tunnel and the world revolves around them. :rolleyes:

The world revolves around who? Hmmm, Miss the World Owes Me. :tu:

I see lots of things around me. I am so not selfish. Your screen name alone suggest you are tough to reason with about world realities and you constantly contradict yourself.

The world revolves around who? Hmmm, Miss the World Owes Me. :tu:

I see lots of things around me. I am so not selfish. Your screen name alone suggest you are tough to reason with about world realities and you constantly contradict yourself.

The world revolves around you and I stand by what I said.

The world revolves around you and I stand by what I said. :wacko:

Well OK. If you insist. Now revovle your way outta here.

Edited by Is it for real

For the record, when we're on at LEAST a second generation of Dole-Bludging Lifestyle Freelancers, party politics is just pig tail pulling.

You pay when you work all your life. You pay more actually again when you try to be honest and above board.

That crappy advert about car tax!

"We KNOW where you are!!!" (With the 'late notice' coming through the front door post box)

Yeah, you do! You KNOW I live here and have a car. Durrrrr.......!!!! I may be a few days late sorting it out, but actually I'm busy working for a living. OR I waited in a queue at the Post Office in my lunchtime, and still had to get back before the 3 out of 12 desks were available at 1.15pm with 23 people waiting to be served while Mr Magoo at "Sorry No Service" No Bleugghhhh counted stamps and filled out paperwork!!! :angry:

So why don't you invest some time and resources and FECK OFF and sort out the ones who are NOT honest!!

System shafts you every time.

BUT while we are whinging about what WENT wrong. The question is, are we prepared for the backlash from the feckless many, when drastic measures are implemented?

Personally, I didn't agree with jail time for the looters.

The claim was hardship? Fine :yes: Let's show you REAL hardship, shall we?

3 years national service (on full pay), but including coming into contact with the hugely needy people on the planet.

A wake-up call is needed. But at least IMHO, this is fair. :)

Edited by sarah snow

You're right, Sarah...they only come after you when they know where you work and live. It's too much trouble to go after the transients or illegals committing crimes.

Sad but true...

For the record, when we're on at LEAST a second generation of Dole-Bludging Lifestyle Freelancers, party politics is just pig tail pulling.

You pay when you work all your life. You pay more actually again when you try to be honest and above board.

That crappy advert about car tax!

"We KNOW where you are!!!" (With the 'late notice' coming through the front door post box)

Yeah, you do! You KNOW I live here and have a car. Durrrrr.......!!!! I may be a few days late sorting it out, but actually I'm busy working for a living. OR I waited in a queue at the Post Office in my lunchtime, and still had to get back before the 3 out of 12 desks were available at 1.15pm with 23 people waiting to be served while Mr Magoo at "Sorry No Service" No Bleugghhhh counted stamps and filled out paperwork!!! :angry:

So why don't you invest some time and resources and FECK OFF and sort out the ones who are NOT honest!!

System shafts you every time.

BUT while we are whinging about what WENT wrong. The question is, are we prepared for the backlash from the feckless many, when drastic measures are implemented?

Personally, I didn't agree with jail time for the looters.

The claim was hardship? Fine :yes: Let's show you REAL hardship, shall we?

3 years national service (on full pay), but including coming into contact with the hugely needy people on the planet.

A wake-up call is needed. But at least IMHO, this is fair. :)

:clap: well said!!

How exactly is this a 'good read'?!

It's a load of ignorant, stereotyped bull.

Prize quotes...

'Most of them have no jobs to go to or exams to pass'

Err... based on what, exactly? Wasn't the first person to be charged an outwardly respectable school teacher? Exactly where is this information coming from?

'They are illiterate and innumerate'

Again, according to who? Did I miss a survey on the specific educational achievements of the looters or is the Daily Mail wildly speculating again?

And so it continues. This is not journalism - this is barely disguised hatred.

How exactly is this a 'good read'?!

It's a load of ignorant, stereotyped bull.

Prize quotes...

'Most of them have no jobs to go to or exams to pass'

Err... based on what, exactly? Wasn't the first person to be charged an outwardly respectable school teacher? Exactly where is this information coming from?

'They are illiterate and innumerate'

Again, according to who? Did I miss a survey on the specific educational achievements of the looters or is the Daily Mail wildly speculating again?

And so it continues. This is not journalism - this is barely disguised hatred.

one of the first people to be charged was not a respectable school teacher as your trying to portray - he was a mere learning mentor assistant. big difference.

go to the BBC News website and follow each case via their regional news site and you'll find as of the 1st September over 1,500 people have appeared in court. and the majority are unemployed, and have a history of anti social behavior in their community.

but that cannot be right, the feeling i get from you was all the rioters were in full time employment, all respectable highly intelligent people. who in a brief moment of madness decided to riot. and to be honest when you look back at the footage, you'll notice all the rioters were very smarty dressed in suits with some carrying briefcases. professional looking. :w00t::P

while on the sidelines staying out of the way was the tracksuit clad - reebok classic wearing scarf over their face pillars of society - standing in a orderly fashion shaking their heads at the rioters raising hell. B)

Edited by stevewinn

one of the first people to be charged was not a respectable school teacher as your trying to portray - he was a mere learning mentor assistant. big difference.

go to the BBC News website and follow each case via their regional news site and you'll find as of the 1st September over 1,500 people have appeared in court. and the majority are unemployed, and have a history of anti social behavior in their community.

but that cannot be right, the feeling i get from you was all the rioters were in full time employment, all respectable highly intelligent people. who in a brief moment of madness decided to riot. and to be honest when you look back at the footage, you'll notice all the rioters were very smarty dressed in suits with some carrying briefcases. professional looking. :w00t::P

while on the sidelines staying out of the way was the tracksuit clad - reebok classic wearing scarf over their face pillars of society - standing in a orderly fashion shaking their heads at the rioters raising hell. B)

So what I understand from all of this is that it wasn't just the people you are trying to point your finger at either. It seems to me it is all different kinds of people but you are trying to say the majority were the poor and uneducated from these neighborhoods or slums full of lazy, stupid people so it's fine to go ahead and blame those people, the people society always blames. Is that right? It is not liberal dogma. The tv has spawned generations of stupid ignorant people. Nothing ever changes.

So what I understand from all of this is that it wasn't just the people you are trying to point your finger at either. It seems to me it is all different kinds of people but you are trying to say the majority were the poor and uneducated from these neighborhoods or slums full of lazy, stupid people so it's fine to go ahead and blame those people, the people society always blames. Is that right? It is not liberal dogma. The tv has spawned generations of stupid ignorant people. Nothing ever changes.

truth of the matter is a minority of people decided the law didn't apply to them and they'd riot, not because of some political agenda. not against a capitalist system. not when they all headed off towards JD sports - clothes shops and Comet electrical stores for their tracksuit trainers, designer gear and LCD televisions etc.

if you look at the court proceedings mentioned in the BBC reports over the previous weeks you'll see that a great number of the rioters were unemployed, lived in neighbourhoods with a history of unemployment, poor education, and anti-social behaviour (including drug alcohol abuse)

So i would say they are what you proclaim they aren't. i knew the riots would only last two days at most their not use to working a five day week. and so it proved two days and stop. :w00t:

Edited by stevewinn

post-39751-0-98717200-1315346903_thumb.j

Yes you can say that again. A Samsung 32 inch, not even a 40 incher, how stupid is that?

The reason I originally posted on this thread was the title saying it was years of liberal dogma and then the immediate responses blaming single mothers. It is not the single mothers.

I have another story to tell you. When I was 15 I stayed with one of my oldest sisters for the summer and I had a babysitting job for the summer saving for school clothes. I went shopping one day with another sister and her son. He was 3 or 4 years old. She was married, pregnant with her second and either 19 or 20. She was shoplifting using her son. She put stuff in the cart and then put her coat and her sons coat on top of the stuff and sat her son on top of that. She did this frequently with some of my other sisters. She got caught. It was the second time she got caught in the store we were in. When we got to the police station she blamed it on me. The cop bullied me into signing a confession. The guy from the store was there and he was screaming at him that it wasn't me. He had been watching her. The cop ignored him. When I went to court with another sister the guy from the store was there and he was yelling at both lawyers in the courtroom. My lawyer, who I assume was a public defender, told me what the judge was going to ask and told me what to say when asked. Both lawyers and the judge knew I was innocent but they just went right on and convicted me and I had to pay a fine with my babysitting money. Why do you think they did that? My sister was married and they had been on welfare since she had the first and still was through her 3rd and years after that. Why would they do that? That was the summer of 1975. It is not the single mothers. If it were the single mothers they would not be running around screaming "we gotta get those single mothers"! They don't want to stop those checks coming in. The politicians want those checks as much as the welfare recipients and it has nothing to do with being a liberal. What kind of people do this ****?

You were the first one to comment. You jumped right on the blame the capitalist bandwagon. You were the first one to use the words 'single mother.' You were the first one to suggest single mothers were to blame. You have been obsessed with blaming the single mother. The post you keep referring to stated that children who come from single parent families are likely to be more problematic. Noone has blamed single mothers. Just the ones who leach off the government, who is to blame for making it so easy for the leaches. Leaches=Have kids solely for personal monetary gain while never really caring about raising them. You obsess with things noone said. You contradict yourself constantly. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Typical of a lefty who only knows talking points yet doesn't know what they mean. i.e. Blaming capitalism for the sake of blame, no real facts, no real dirt. Just 'look at where the money is' like earning money for yourself is a bad thing.

Read the posts from the beginning before you tell me I got the order of things wrong.

Edited by Is it for real

You were the first one to comment. You jumped right on the blame the capitalist bandwagon. You were the first one to use the words 'single mother.' You were the first one to suggest single mothers were to blame. You have been obsessed with blaming the single mother. The post you keep referring to stated that children who come from single parent families are likely to be more problematic. Noone has blamed single mothers. Just the ones who leach off the government, who is to blame for making it so easy for the leaches. Leaches=Have kids solely for personal monetary gain while never really caring about raising them. You obsess with things noone said. You contradict yourself constantly. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Typical of a lefty who only knows talking points yet doesn't know what they mean. i.e. Blaming capitalism for the sake of blame, no real facts, no real dirt. Just 'look at where the money is' like earning money for yourself is a bad thing.

Read the posts from the beginning before you tell me I got the order of things wrong.

I think you need to read the thread again. My first post asked a question. If liberal dogma is to blame for all your problems how is that capitalists gained so much from it. No one has answered that question. And I believe if you look at this thread and this entire forum and open your eyes and ears wherever it is you are the word is "it's the singlr mother's fault" as you just did. I'm not seeing it and if it's true that children from single parent households are more problematic it is because our ****ed up society is creating those problems for their own gain. Read the story I just wrote you moron and answer my question.

I think you need to read the thread again. My first post asked a question. If liberal dogma is to blame for all your problems how is that capitalists gained so much from it. No one has answered that question. And I believe if you look at this thread and this entire forum and open your eyes and ears wherever it is you are the word is "it's the singlr mother's fault" as you just did. I'm not seeing it and if it's true that children from single parent households are more problematic it is because our ****ed up society is creating those problems for their own gain. Read the story I just wrote you moron and answer my question.

Phew...testy are you?

Well you don't state what it is the capitalist gained first off. You just keep saying they gained. Well my answer to your question would be something like....I guess the capitalist gained earned money as they always have. They earned it by working for it. I could easily say the welfare dependent have gained a little of everyone else's paycheck. So at the same time the capitalist could have gained more if it wasn't for the leaches. I can't say to you enough times that my beef is with people who have made welfare a way of life who could get off their butts and earn something on their own. My beef is not with people who could actually use a helping hand for a short time, it is not with not so well off elderly who worked their entire lives anld actually contributed to society. Yea there are poor people. I don't hate them. Just the ones who choose to be poor and depend on me. At least if you choose to be poor live within your means, or go live off the land somewhere, dont go through life taking money from other peoples paychecks. The government is supposed to be here to help, not to support your life. The money the gov dishes out belongs to me and you and everyone who works and as far as I'm concerned they don't have permission to give my money to a lazy ass drug addict who knows they are living of of mine and your backs. Now once again, revolve your way outta here. Also for the millionth time, kids from single parent families are only more likely to be problematic. Quit twisting words. I have been consistently clear.

Edited by Is it for real

Phew...testy are you?

Well you don't state what it is the capitalist gained first off. You just keep saying they gained. Well my answer to your question would be something like....I guess the capitalist gained earned money as they always have. They earned it by working for it. I could easily say the welfare dependent have gained a little of everyone else's paycheck. So at the same time the capitalist could have gained more if it wasn't for the leaches. I can't say to you enough times that my beef is with people who have made welfare a way of life who could get off their butts and earn something on their own. My beef is not with people who could actually use a helping hand for a short time, it is not with not so well off elderly who worked their entire lives anld actually contributed to society. Yea there are poor people. I don't hate them. Just the ones who choose to be poor and depend on me. At least if you choose to be poor live within your means, or go live off the land somewhere, dont go through life taking money from other peoples paychecks. The government is supposed to be here to help, not to support your life. The money the gov dishes out belongs to me and you and everyone who works and as far as I'm concerned they don't have permission to give my money to a lazy ass drug addict who knows they are living of of mine and your backs. Now once again, revolve your way outta here. Also for the millionth time, kids from single parent families are only more likely to be problematic. Quit twisting words. I have been consistently clear.

Ok let's go back to post # 168. Do you think that cop and both those lawyers and the judge all came from single family homes? Are these the "productive" members of society you are talking about? Tell me who in that scenario you think is a "productive" member of society and who is a "leach"? And I'll revolve my way out of here when I'm good and ready.

I don't know. Your story makes little sense and sounds far fetched. However I won't say you're lying. I can tell you who wasn't a productive member of society...your thieving sister. Personally, I think you stole along with your sis but only you got caught. Also, how does a shoplifting incident involving a 15 year old end up in front of a judge with a lawyer. How much was taken? Why would the judge and cops be hell bent on blaming you when the one you [supposedly]stole from said you didn't do it? Who pressed the charges? The cops? I don't know a whole lot about the law but I thought cops press charges only when the victim asks them too when it involves petty theft and domestic cases....sorry but it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Is it for real

I think it comes down to this, if you don't treat teenagers like young adults(make them take responsibility for their actions and proper punishment) then they'll grow up acting like overgrown children.

I don't know. Your story makes little sense and sounds far fetched. However I won't say you're lying. I can tell you who wasn't a productive member of society...your thieving sister. Personally, I think you stole along with your sis but only you got caught. Also, how does a shoplifting incident involving a 15 year old end up in front of a judge with a lawyer. How much was taken? Why would the judge and cops be hell bent on blaming you when the one you [supposedly]stole from said you didn't do it? Who pressed the charges? The cops? I don't know a whole lot about the law but I thought cops press charges only when the victim asks them too when it involves petty theft and domestic cases....sorry but it doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense to me either. Why would they? I have no answers to any of those questions but it happened exactly the way I just told you and no I'm not lying. And I have no idea what the laws were then compared to what they are now. I don't know if the man made a complaint and said that we were together, because we were. I know he was very angry at them all. I'm not sure if it was because she was pregnant and they couldn't do anything to her. They had no place to put her. I do know she had been caught enough times, not sure how many that is or was, that she would have gone to jail. I do know they all knew and these productive members of society and my thieving sister stole my babysitting money. It does sound unreal doesn't it? And I don't think these kind of stories are that unusual in American courts. Don't know about yours. My point was that I think you make your conclusions about the leaches and the productive members of society not by life experiences like I do but by listening to other people in some form or another.