Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Earthscraper' Takes Architecture Underground

Still Waters

From a architect's perspective, several problems impede the development of Mexico City, one of the world's largest cities with a population teeming around 21.2 million. A scarcity of new construction plots, height restrictions that limit new edifices to eight stories and laws that prohibit demolishing historic structures leaves little room for building up.

The solution: build down.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Socio

• WoIverine

• NVR

• dank

Top Posters In This Topic

next they might make underground cities.....*oh wait*

I fully support this endeavour..theses building should be the norm all across South America...Pakistan..Middle East..Africa.

It offers huge benefits to the rest of the world.

What's the deal with the height restriction, they don't want people to escape the smog? LOL moving the Mexicans underground, that just doesn't seem right.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

And when the NEXT big earthquake hits Mexico City...?

Yea how do they plan to re-enforce this structure to keep shifts in the earth from causing catastrophic cave ins, like from an earth quakes from example.

next they might make underground cities.....*oh wait*

Perhaps it might end up like that TV show Cleopatra 2525 where everyone was forced to live underground.

Yea how do they plan to re-enforce this structure to keep shifts in the earth from causing catastrophic cave ins, like from an earth quakes from example.

They can probably just make more drug runner tunnels to minimize pressure? :yes:

I don't understand why something like this hasn't been constructed already. Although the shifts would definitely be a problem unless they had the entire structure on some sort of wiggle room system

Of course the proposed structure has to gain the approval of the drug cartels before construction can begin.

i believe they have something similar in canada its like and underground city tho i don't think they got skyscrapers, this is a cool idea if its feasible.