Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have something following me?

slightyconfused

Okay, well lately I have been going through things like depression and some tough times and I feel things are following me. I actually saw a human figure of a little boy today and I seen him two times today; and he'll stay there for a little bit but then once he realizes I can see him he gets afraid, I really wish I could communicate with him. My mom thinks it's my cousin that passed away, but I didn't know him but from the looks of his "figure" it does look somewhat like him; I mean, it's hard to explain how it looks but I know for sure it's a little boy. As I type right now, I feel as if he is standing by my side. I feel like he is lurking around me... but I don't really know why. I feel his spirit is good, but I don't understand why he's by my side. I also feel there is something else following me. As I lay in bed at night, I often see "orbs" or "shadows" and I feel very strong that a not-so good man is following me. Things have happened at times, and this has been going on for along time; it's just getting worse and worse. I feel that he is playing with me and trying to trick me for his own good, I don't really know why? I'm a spirtual person (Christian) and lately have backtracked just so you know, but I've seen human figures before and I feel my dreams are being altered by this "not-so good man." They just seem so real and I feel literally like it's trying to control me. I feel that alone I am being attacked by him at night. I know this probably sounds crazy as hell, but it's real, and I'm not hallucinating. What do you think is going on? Thanks so much. I'm a bit startled.

Hi there and welcome to UM,

I'm going to move you thread to a more appropriate forum.

Going by what you say, it sounds like you are mediumistic in that you are able to see spirits and know when they are aware of you. They are probably more interested in using you as a way to communicate something more than anything. Understandably this can become a little overwhelming at times and all you need here is to develop a stronger sense of self and confidence in dealing with them.

First of all, you have done a good job painting a picture of what you sense from each individual one. That is part of communicating and understanding effectively what they are about. You sense the boy is 'good' meaning he means no harm to you and seeks you out as someone he feels safe to be around.

The man on the other hand is someone you feel is of a more tricky nature, you feel may be trying to trick you. Now whether he is or not, is another story, it could just be you are reading his very personality and sense of character. Most likely he was that kind of person as we are what we are for our own god known reasons, whether alive or deceased.

What I'm trying to say is, we need to be careful that when we sense the characteristics or have a feel of how a person is, that we aren't mixing up what is information/communication from them, from actual direct intention to cause harm.

To put this into perspective, it is no different from how you would treat the living and just because they are deceased and know you can perceive them, does not give them any upperhand or anything over you. People being people sometimes need to be reminded firmly to respect another's space and boundaries and in dealing with spirits, this is all the more pertinent.

Get creative and start thinking up ways that you can demonstrate to them and in general of who you are and what is your space. You can conjure up something visually, or by word, or a symbol that helps reinforce your self empowerment. Whatever it is, communicate that through your thoughts and have it known from now on that you are not a spirit landing door mat for anything that wishes to stop by. Then, on your terms, decide if you wish to communicate with them or not.

At some point you just need to realise that any fear you feel is coming from a lack of knowing and control over your own space. Reclaim that and set the grounds, things will change respectively.

Good luck.

Edited by AnVil

Okay, well lately I have been going through things like depression and some tough times and I feel things are following me. I actually saw a human figure of a little boy today and I seen him two times today; and he'll stay there for a little bit but then once he realizes I can see him he gets afraid, I really wish I could communicate with him. My mom thinks it's my cousin that passed away, but I didn't know him but from the looks of his "figure" it does look somewhat like him; I mean, it's hard to explain how it looks but I know for sure it's a little boy. As I type right now, I feel as if he is standing by my side. I feel like he is lurking around me... but I don't really know why. I feel his spirit is good, but I don't understand why he's by my side. I also feel there is something else following me. As I lay in bed at night, I often see "orbs" or "shadows" and I feel very strong that a not-so good man is following me. Things have happened at times, and this has been going on for along time; it's just getting worse and worse. I feel that he is playing with me and trying to trick me for his own good, I don't really know why? I'm a spirtual person (Christian) and lately have backtracked just so you know, but I've seen human figures before and I feel my dreams are being altered by this "not-so good man." They just seem so real and I feel literally like it's trying to control me. I feel that alone I am being attacked by him at night. I know this probably sounds crazy as hell, but it's real, and I'm not hallucinating. What do you think is going on? Thanks so much. I'm a bit startled.

Not crazy.... Aware. This is happening to me to. But do not be afraid of confrontation. If you need some tools pm anvil it I about getting out of body to deal with this.

Edited by Seeker79

Hya slightlyconfused, firstly welcome to UM.

I think the little boy perhaps feels happy to be near you, but he could also be a little skittish and this may be the reason he hasnt been able to communicate with you yet.

Also, he may be sensing your unease when he appears and doesnt want to frighten you away.

Perhaps another UM member will be able to help you to communicate with the little boy.

Now regarding the appearance of the man and the sense he may be trying to control you.

Please dont take this next part in the wrong way, it is purely a theory i have.

This man may be a manifestation of your depression. This may account for the totally diferent way you feel toward him.

Or he may be a spirit who perhaps gains energy from your depression.

As i stated, please dont take that part which is purely my own speculation as an insult. I certainly would never intentionally do or say anything out of malice.

You are the one having to deal with this and im only theorising re the man.

I do hope you find a way to communicate with these entities (maybe wrong expression) and if the man does mean to try to control you, i hope you can get shut of him.

A few people are able to see these things, im not one of those people.

But some people also find a way to communicate with them.

Not crazy.... Aware. This is happening to me to. But do not be afraid of confrontation. If you need some tools pm anvil it I about getting out of body to deal with this.

You do have a lot of control over the situation. As a general rule, if you tell the entity very firmly that it must leave, it usually does. You might have to save it several times and you must mean it, but it will probably leave. You can also cleanse your home of negative energy/entities by smudging with white sage, as many Native Americans do, or you can use cedar, rose, sandalwood or lavender incense. The smoke from the sage or incense will cleanse, however, you must also establish your intention by telling the entity to leave, or "only the positive can stay, all others must leave." If it stays, it's good. Intention is everything! I've seen a lot of stuff, have never run into any entities/beings/spooks that scared me, but I'm not a fearful person. Initially it was the experiences themselves; I felt like I was on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Hope this helps! Tell the spook to "git" and it probably will.

• 5 years later...
On 8/11/2011 at 3:46 PM, slightyconfused said:

I have the been going through that also but mine is different I can see spirts sometimes and when I'm at my house I know it's there watching me.I had a run in with this spirt when I was awake at 3:31 it scared me half to death.Then about a month later I started feeling like something was missing.

Okay, well lately I have been going through things like depression and some tough times and I feel things are following me

There's your problem. 

I was going through some major trauma and grief, and I experienced a variety of phenomena. It wasn't until I realized that it was coming from me that I could stop it. And I did. 

You need to quit haunting yourself. The reason "it's following you" is because it's coming from you. 

• Like 2