Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cow leaps three foot fence and squashes car

Still Waters

Motorist Robert Gould is lucky to be alive after a startled cow leapt over a three-foot fence and landed on his car.

The frightened Friesian has written off Robert's Citroen C5 after denting the bonnet and breaking a wheel after bounding onto the busy road.

Stunned police later breath-tested Robert after he called 999 to report the collision.

It is understood the cow which died at the scene had been trying to escape from a farmer when it jumped into the road on the outskirts of Leek, Staffs.

Robert escaped with cuts and bruises despite skidding almost 80 yards and ending up on the wrong side of the road as he tried to stop.

The 24-year-old said: "I am now looking out for low-flying cows when I am driving ."

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Rhincewind

• tipotep

• Taut

Wow! I didn't know a cow could actually jump that high. What will cows jump over next, the

moon? :w00t:

Edited by Robert1

One wonders if a cow were to jump over the moon where it would come down and whether it would barbecue on reentry. There are places in the world that surely would welcome barbecue from the sky. NASA should do a study to determine this.

It's a bird, it's a plane? No, it's Super Cow! Able to leap tall fences in a single bound! :lol:

:lol:

I wonder who got the biggest fright, the guy in the car or the cow! It's a shame the cow died though.

Ive seen cows clear walls. I remember one such occasion my grandfather,my uncleand myself we're chasin 3 cows through about 6 fields,...they went berserk.

Well, they've been bred for stupidity and semi-docility for a long time. When I was a kid (back in the cretaceous period) I watched one eat a whole pile of prickly pear cactus - thorns sticking out of her mouth and tongue and lips and I knew then, they couldn't be too bright. But we didn't breed the leaping out them apparently.

Cows really are dumber than mud. I remember as a kid watching my Grandfather's 40 pound border collie, Banjo, herd a group of cows. He could literally turn them on a dime. When I asked my Grandpa why such big animals were being "bossed" by one small dog he said to me, "The cows are dumb, the dog is smart...that's all it takes darlin'". :yes:

A cow jumped onto a car (a cow jumped over the moon), interesting... I wonder if the future hamburger patty was inspired by the childhood sonnet.

LOL i liked this bit ......

leapt over a three-foot fence

It Leapt it hey , they make it sound like it broke the long jump world record , 3 foot is not a very high fence :w00t:

TiP.

Well, they've been bred for stupidity and semi-docility for a long time. When I was a kid (back in the cretaceous period) I watched one eat a whole pile of prickly pear cactus - thorns sticking out of her mouth and tongue and lips and I knew then, they couldn't be too bright. But we didn't breed the leaping out them apparently.

cows aren't stupid. I have seen them show great compasion for their young and fellow herd members. More than I have seen in most humans actually

A friend of mine had this happen to her many years ago, in Devon, England. It was so traumatic she gave up her driving lessons. I sent her the link. She put it on her Facebook page, because people don't believe her when she said a cow landed on her car bonnet, lol.

But that was smartest move it could ever do in its lifetime. Just happened that it escaped its impending doom, only to meet a random big chunk of metal cruising down the road; Wile E. Coyote style.

It was going to die by the hand of man eventually anyway. At least it went out in a defiant blaze of glory.

cows aren't stupid. I have seen them show great compasion for their young and fellow herd members. More than I have seen in most humans actually

I tend to disagree. Cows are fairly nice animals and do indeed have a strong herd instinct. However, they aren't all that bright when compared to other domestic animals. For example, pigs are much smarter than cows.

LOL i liked this bit ......It Leapt it hey , they make it sound like it broke the long jump world record , 3 foot is not a very high fence :w00t: TiP.

I was gonna say the same lol You'd want at least a 4 or 4 1/2ft fence but I've seen them leap that when the mood takes them :lol:

I wouldnt say they are too stupid, tho they do have their moments. Ive had a few during milking who had learnt to shake themselves loose and sneak off and steal dairy nuts....... the lengths ive seen them go to get some youd think it was cow cocaine! :lol::w00t:

Must seen a Burger King truck driving by.

It's certainly not McDonald's. LOL!

Um, excuse me, My inlaws have a cattle ranch and I've been around them most of my life and I promise.....they are stupid. I didn't say they didn't have instincts, I said they are increasingly bred for docility, which means dumb, uncontentious. The ones that give them trouble, or are threatening go immediately to market and they keep the passive breeders, like most cattle ranchers.

Imagine telling this to your insurance company.

Imagine telling this to your insurance company.

A friend of mine a few years ago was driving his car down his driveway , his dad had a few cows roaming the property ..... long story short one of the cows decided to stand in front of the car and when my friend stopped an tooted his horn the stupid cow tried to mount the car and put two huge dints in the bonnet where it hoofs had been , it was either a trans-gender thing or one stupid cow :w00t:

Either way he had an interesting conversation with the insurance company !

Tip.

I was driving to work recently and there was a cow next to the road, outside its fence. The fence had to be repaired.

Luckily the cow had no death wish that day.

Um, excuse me, My inlaws have a cattle ranch and I've been around them most of my life and I promise.....they are stupid. I didn't say they didn't have instincts, I said they are increasingly bred for docility, which means dumb, uncontentious. The ones that give them trouble, or are threatening go immediately to market and they keep the passive breeders, like most cattle ranchers.

And when was the last time you gave a cow an intelligence test? I am not surprised by the selective breeding for submisiveness. Any that show signs of unhappiness at their treatment and dare to show it and They are killed. Slavery and farming going hand in hand once again.

Cows are not geniuses and I never said they where BUT they do have a level of intelligence that is routinly ignored. The exibit compassion for others and their young and They show great distress when they are seperated from said young. (an quite rightly so it's a disscrage that it happens at all) Oh I don't consume dairy at all by the way.

Cows can be trained to do jumps and be ridden like a horse.

They show stress,fear and the only reason that they behave they way they do is that they fear humans and remember the cruelty that they have suffered from before they where born.

You say cows are dumb but its you who is the stupid one. ALso america is not a good place to be a farm animal. It's like you don't even care about them and just want to go huntin'