Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frozen in time: Inside the world of cryonics

Still Waters

Is Walt Disney still frozen?

Edited by xXHellkittiesXx

Waste of space and money. Freezing ruptures living cells and we don't know how to prevent it yet. If you are frozen your cells are ruptured and when they thaw you out you will just turn to goo after you are out a while, unless you are pretreated with something to stabilize. Might make a fun SciFi movie. Goo zombies.

Edited by Taut
  • Like 2

Walt Disney is anti-semitic....keep him on ice.

Some reptiles and other forms of life in Artic are able to bear low temperatures even when almost all their bodies are made of ice because of glycerol in their livers or

Dimethyl sulfoxide or DMSO (that thing with the stink between garlic and cabbage) and certain cryoprotector sugars. But the process of freezing has to be very slow because it's toxic in our weather. Frozen semen preserves genetic material.

This has never made sense to me. First of all, I know that freezing a human body causes all the water in the body to expand, thus damaging the cells. If we had some kind of anti-freeze chemical in our bodies (like some animals and reptiles do) then perhaps this wouldn't happen.

The other issue is that these people already wait until they are dead before having their remains frozen. Once your dead, your dead. If they chose to be frozen before dieing, then in theory they could be thawed, and given a cure for whatever disease they had. However, they wait until they die before being frozen, I can't ever imagine a cure for death being invented, and if it ever did then technically these people would be zombies. Who wants to be a zombie?

• 1 year later...

what if reincarnation is real, and your soul goes to another body, and then you get revived?

My guess is that the revived body would by dead. No soul, no life.

However, a different soul could chose to reincarnate in that revived body.

Edited by Hartmut

This has never made sense to me. First of all, I know that freezing a human body causes all the water in the body to expand, thus damaging the cells. If we had some kind of anti-freeze chemical in our bodies (like some animals and reptiles do) then perhaps this wouldn't happen.

The other issue is that these people already wait until they are dead before having their remains frozen. Once your dead, your dead. If they chose to be frozen before dieing, then in theory they could be thawed, and given a cure for whatever disease they had. However, they wait until they die before being frozen, I can't ever imagine a cure for death being invented, and if it ever did then technically these people would be zombies. Who wants to be a zombie?

No one wants to be a zombie, but I would not put it beyond science (In a far off future) to revive or preserve a dead body. It also depends, if the soul of a dead body wants to hang around until the dead body is revived again.

Waste of space and money. Freezing ruptures living cells and we don't know how to prevent it yet. If you are frozen your cells are ruptured and when they thaw you out you will just turn to goo after you are out a while, unless you are pretreated with something to stabilize. Might make a fun SciFi movie. Goo zombies.

The other part being that memories and brain activity is electrical in nature. So even if the person could be brought to life, it would have no knowledge to it, and not have the same personnality.