Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When is it Psychic and when is it Coincidence

sempai_pinky

Hi,

Im a full grown adult, with children, a sound job, a stable relationship, and I'm beginning to think I am crazy. I have had many coincidences in my life and I have always shrugged them off as such, not given them much thought. I feel kind of guilty telling you I don't believe in psychics, or I guess I didnt until about 1 hour ago.

I was surfing a website and nearly threw up when I found a picture of place I have had nightmares about. A beach, pefectly rectangular with a sand shore and towering rock walls on either side. In my dream I am swimming with my family and suddenly feel terror when looking down at beautiful serene fish. There's no reason for the terror. I always thought this place was just a figment of my imagination as I frequently dream of places I've never been to. But it's real and in Greece.

There have been many other coincidences in my life, I predicted the name of the man I was going to marry. I always kind of thought subconsiously it was just a silly quirk of fate. I remember when it happened I was reading a book with a character of a similar name and the thought just popped into my head. I will marry a man by the name of "Robert". I did.

Another scary coincidence happened about 4 years ago at a martial arts tournament. I knew I was going to get hurt, I was nervous and kept saying "The worst that could happen would be I would hurt my leg and not be able to walk". I don't know why that particular phrase came out but I ended up ripping a major ligament and was on crutches for nearly 3 weeks and physio for a year after.

I know there have been other less important coincidences when I just "knew" something was going to happen. Or picked up the phone to call someone and found them on the line. I always assumed it was just a pleasant (or not so pleasant) coincidence. So I've been looking for someone who has experience with this sort of thing for some advice. Am I seeing to much into this, or, should I seriously start listening to my gut?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the eternal me

• DawnieK

• undertheflow

• sempai_pinky

You should start listening to your gut, as you have your own examples there trying to show you something. Otherwise to deny it is only denying a part of you which you probably haven't thought of before. To me that is more crazy than thinking you are crazy right now for admitting and entertaining these experiences with a more serious reflection.

The bias (uncomfortable feelings) you hold towards all this is only in your mind because what society ingrains in us, but is not necessary what 'everyone' out there thinks.

Your experiences show you have some intuition going on there which is a perfectly natural part of us.

I'm beginning to think that there is no such thing as coincidence. So that kind of answers your question.

i would put money on it that when you had your first child it started getting stronger...

women are more likely to "spontaneously develop" this intuitive ability...

in evolution it is necessary for mothers to to develop this ability for the sake of the children...

when we are so young, we have thoughts and wants and needs, but not the vocal ability to communicate these needs...

so mom steps into a higher vibrational range to accommodate a non verbal "picking up on thoughts" of her child..

i bet you have pets and "know" what they want or need...

don't worry about it, its all natural...

listen to your intuition..

• 3 weeks later...

I had gifts but after the birth of my first child they became alot stronger. Now that my children are older other gifts have started showing up. It's weird but cool.

Edited by Amerasu

I don't believe in coincidence. I think that everything happens for a reason. I like to solve everything with logic rather than say " Well I guess I'm lucky!" I think you have real powers. Good Luck, you'll need it.

I don't believe in coincidence. I think that everything happens for a reason. I like to solve everything with logic rather than say " Well I guess I'm lucky!" I think you have real powers. Good Luck, you'll need it.

I don't believe in coincidences either. I have had certain abilities similar to the original post buy Vigil14 and then some. It was always a part of me. You definately sound like you have some strong intuitive abilities, possibly some precognitive abilities. If you were to embrace this part of yourself and make an attempt to study and learn about these things you may even discover that you have angels and spirit guides around you all the time that are giving you messages when you are awake and even through your dreams. I recieve my messages most clearly when I am awake. I haven't been able to really fully develop the ability to remember my dreams well enough to interpret the messages but I hope to soon! Good luck to you and I really hope that you choose to atleast investigate this path that is being presented to you. Happy Friday! :tu:

It became Psychic for me, When I stopped believing they were coincidences. Also I realized my thoughts aid my reality, positive or negative. When I get those "feelings" you mentioned or had dreams that I thought were premonitions, I learned that those are not set in stone but rather a view to whats ahead if things continue the way they are. The more you listen to your intuition they more you can hear, feel, and trust it....Great luck Hun,

Vibration be, as subtle as it may seem,

other wise, as a good friend always concluded

Any thoughts?

i would put money on it that when you had your first child it started getting stronger...

women are more likely to "spontaneously develop" this intuitive ability...

in evolution it is necessary for mothers to to develop this ability for the sake of the children...

when we are so young, we have thoughts and wants and needs, but not the vocal ability to communicate these needs...

so mom steps into a higher vibrational range to accommodate a non verbal "picking up on thoughts" of her child..

i bet you have pets and "know" what they want or need...

don't worry about it, its all natural...

listen to your intuition..

haha, the pet part is true for me lol,

do you think the spontaneous intuition is because of the unconditional love one experiences with a child?

I've started practicing psychic readings and there seems to be less and less coincidences these days. ;)

• 2 months later...

haha, the pet part is true for me lol,

do you think the spontaneous intuition is because of the unconditional love one experiences with a child?

i think.. (and it feels to be true ) that because a child is born into this world with no knowledge of the language that is used, and the context in which sounds play a role... there needs to be communications to another human being, in order for survival of the species..

our brains work on bio electric energy... and any electric current generates a "radio" signal...

the ability of the mother to tune into the child's "radio signal" has to be inherent... in order that the child can have needs met...

even though there is no vocal ability to communicate what is desired (diaper change, food) there needs to be a manner in which those thoughts are expressed... crying is a manner of getting attention, a signal if you will for the child to get mom to "tune in"..

that's one way to look at it...

but i think it goes deeper then that..

the bio electric explanation works to an extent...

but it doesn't take into consideration the possibility of a mother "knowing" something bad is going to happen (small time distortions) that allow her to take actions to avoid this.... ie: baby going to fall.... baby is going to find something dangerous fascinating, and get in trouble, or hurt....

i refer to this as a time dilation because of how we perceive the dimension of time...

very flat and linear..... the current math of the day (language of science) does not take into consideration that time is more then just a series of events..... its more like the flow of a stream, river, lake......

to put it into a more linear understanding....

if your sitting in a stream and enjoying the sun... and you look up the stream.. you see a log coming...

your brain will do an amazing amount of calculating to "predict" where that log will pass.... and weather or not you will have to move, or can push it out of the way.... in the same manner an event comes flowing down the stream of time....

past present and future are around you like the water...

the farther ahead you have perception of.. the larger the "stream or puddle" you sit in...

you don't see the water coming from up around the bend... but you have experienced the water that has passed...

the water that has passed is in constant change and flux... as well as the water coming from ahead... so are past and future..

and seeing something coming in the "future" upstream... is not written in stone... and the events are unraveling as your self decides what actions to take.... do nothing if its good.... or in the terms of self fulfilling prophets... let the bad things happen... and say "this always happens to me"...

the ability to "tune in" and explore the "psychic" aspect of time being more of a bubble then a flat piece of paper is natural to all of us... we were born with it... it is a natural part of life and necessary for the survival of the species... in the parental aspect of life for example... but also having the foresight to see whats coming...

nothing that anyone experiences in this realm is out of the ordinary... we have been taught that its all hookum and BS....

but i don't think this is the case... it just doesn't feel right to me to think of it like that..

when a person starts seeing things from a time bubble perspective.. things look a little different to them... colors are more vibrant.. the senses seem to be a little sharper.... and there seems to be a sense of "knowing"....

its all just a reminder of what is already in you to use... and understand...

unfortunately the "system" in which we grow up, tells us and reinforces the concept of this "time bubble" perception is false... and the social modeling of the peer group, working through opinions of the group, by role modeling of teachers and authority figures, accepts that it is not a truth...

so on a unconscious level... there is a conflict... and the conflict in the self manifests as thoughts of "am i going crazy?" as this perception starts to open once again...

then ego kicks in when one accepts that the experiences are real, and says.... look at me.... i'm special....

we are all human and capable of many things that go beyond logic and reasoning....

if you take the whole aspect of a concept of a god and devil out of everything...

all you are left with, is an ocean of energy......

and everything within that ocean of energy bends to our wills and thoughts...

all things start as an idea....

everything that has ever existed, or will exist, starts as an idea....

and time and energy are flowing like water around us.

but hey.... its an idea for you to ponder....

<3

ps: sorry i took way long to respond...

Edited by the eternal me