Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I keep seeing 111

RewardingPie

Hi there, I was unsure which category I should post this in but I guess it's an experience.

Basically since the start of may this year I have been seeing 111 everywhere, on my phone, on billboards, adverts and my PC and it's starting to really freak me out!

The worst case was when I was telling my mum I keep seeing 111 every where and as I was doing this, the advert for an Amazon Kindle was on TV priced at.. £111 and even my mum was freaked out!

I was just wondering if anyone understands what this means? and can give me some advice as to why this is happening to me.

Many Thanks

Hi there, I was unsure which category I should post this in but I guess it's an experience.

Basically since the start of may this year I have been seeing 111 everywhere, on my phone, on billboards, adverts and my PC and it's starting to really freak me out!

The worst case was when I was telling my mum I keep seeing 111 every where and as I was doing this, the advert for an Amazon Kindle was on TV priced at.. £111 and even my mum was freaked out!

I was just wondering if anyone understands what this means? and can give me some advice as to why this is happening to me.

Many Thanks

Well, if anyone does have an answer I'd like to know too - my school locker in 3 different consecutive schools was 111. Naturally, I caved into pressure and made my lucky number 3 (or III in Roman Numerals) :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Gotta say, it ain't really done any significant besides show up all over the shop for me personally but it still makes me smile (your post being case in point - I Lol'd).:rofl:

Google "i keep seeing the same numbers everywhere". It's nothing mysterious, it's spycologic and it's how the human body react.

• Like 1

Well I myself have been seeing all kinds of triple numbers everywhere ALL THE TIME and even quadruples sometimes. :/ I Googled it myself and most websites that say it's not a coincidence say it's your spirit guide trying to talk to you and they mean different things. I see 333 very often which supposedly means I'm too materialistic. Weird since I don't usually ask for anything material although I do happen to have one thing that I want it's usually only one thing and then I'm happy and don't want anything else once I get it unless I lose it. D:

Others I repeatedly see are 111, 666, and 444 in order from least to greatest. Lol. Typically I see them when I look at the clock but sometimes I see the address of a building on accident and it just happens to be something like 3333 for example. >.>

Since I read that I decided trying to talk to my spirit guide through automatic writing which I think is sort of like using an ouija board I guess but I'm not sure it actually works. I think it's more of an ideomotor effect type of thing going on. :/ What do you guys think? I see it too much to just call it a coincidence, I don't even think about it at all but I see them anyways so it's not like I'm looking for them. I don't add up numbers or anything to try and get a triple number, it just happens. :|

Edited by Dataslayer

It's not coincidence at all.

It's selective memory.

It doesn't matter if it's one number (9:11, 666, etc) or a series of numbers (111,222, etc). It is your brain putting some meaning to a series of numbers, and you remembering each time you happen to see them because it reminds you about how you remember them. Your brain is seeking this pattern, and reminding you of it. You might pass 10 houses addresses and not pay any mind. But when you happen to pass a house address that is 333, your subconscious takes notice of it from your peripheral view, and causes you to look back and notice it consciously. Really interesting stuff, but studied and documented.

I have the same thing with the numbers 138, from a song of one of my favorite bands The Misfits, "We are 138". I just recognize what's going on whenever I notice the number and get a thrill. It's still very cool, even knowing why I get this feeling.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Google 1111 phenomena...I have had this experience since 1979. I see the numbers 1111 and tend to look at a clock just when the time goes to 1:11 or 3:11 or variations thereof. There are some very interesting theories about this phenomenon and many, many people have experienced it.

Google 1111 phenomena...I have had this experience since 1979. I see the numbers 1111 and tend to look at a clock just when the time goes to 1:11 or 3:11 or variations thereof. There are some very interesting theories about this phenomenon and many, many people have experienced it.

http://1111spiritguardians.com/

was the first link that popped up.

then I read this babble:

Our earthly 1,111 Spirit Guardians, often called "Midwayers," have been assisting folks of all walks of life for many centuries. George Barnard, the original human member of the 11:11 Progress Group, has been privileged to call them his family, his coworkers, friends and teachers for almost 60 years. Get an introduction into some of George's experiences in "From the Desk of George Barnard".

And I immediately lost interest.

You look at the clock all the time. You don't get excited. If it is 8:43. But the 11:11 stands out. Probably you don't do it. Any more than other numbers. But it stands out. That's all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

this is an axample of a confirmation bias a psychological phenomenon, basically you keep seeing the number 111 because you are unconciously looking for it. I am a psych undergrad and entering into grad school soon. the good news is you aren't being haunted and you aren't going crazy it is just a strange little tick in the human psyche.

here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

this is an axample of a confirmation bias a psychological phenomenon, basically you keep seeing the number 111 because you are unconciously looking for it. I am a psych undergrad and entering into grad school soon. the good news is you aren't being haunted and you aren't going crazy it is just a strange little tick in the human psyche.

here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Exactly what I was going to say. Thanks! :tu:

I see 111 ,1111,555,444and 333 all the time. I am too wondering why I see thees numbers I would like to know.

I see 111 ,1111,555,444and 333 all the time. I am too wondering why I see thees numbers I would like to know.

Read the thread - the phenomenon has been explained.

• 2 months later...

I have been forwarded here by google search, have read every ones responses with great care and I respect your opinions.

Ok, well I just noticed 01:11 whilst typing this message, and screen shot it for future reference. I can understand all the psychological theoretical expectation as

to why it may be a number that some of us are experiencing as the terminology describes 'unconciously looking for it' of which in some respect I can understand because its been scientifically proven. So am going to start from my self briefly, whether you believe me or nor that's a different story.

I am not going to include any screen shots of what I have experienced with the number 111, as some people/sceptics may find it a waste of time/fake or montage. I am not going to draw any conclusions just yet. The more I experience it, the more interesting it gets :S . For now I think I will keep an open mind...

It would be interesting to know more about the individuals that have been experiencing this, their background, such as religious beliefs, life moments, philosophy and ambitions and so forth..

I have been experiencing this voyage if you like to call it, for over the past few months.

t.c.

Tim

Edited by timn

Gotta a new Seven 11 opening up locally soon. They haven't posted their petrol prices yet but the boards are up and ready to go so they have

the 3 prices currently listed as ULP 111.1, DIESEL 222.2, GAS 333.3 :P

Kinda cured of any notion that seeing these numbers all the time is a "cosmic coincidence" now.

Gotta a new Seven 11 opening up locally soon. They haven't posted their petrol prices yet but the boards are up and ready to go so they have

the 3 prices currently listed as ULP 111.1, DIESEL 222.2, GAS 333.3 :P

Kinda cured of any notion that seeing these numbers all the time is a "cosmic coincidence" now.

Hi, Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry if I may ask, can you elaborate more on 'cosmic coincidence' am new to this world of coincidences.

thanks.

Edited by timn

Hi, Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry if I may ask, can you elaborate more on 'cosmic coincidence' am new to this world of coincidences.

thanks.

Sorry that was a joke based on the idea that there are really no "coincidences" in the Universe aka: everything happens for a reason. The only reason this happened was that the engineers testing the signage took the easy way out when choosing random pricing to test the boards. :tu:

I do believer in serendipity, I have had those sorts of things occur but patterns in numbers just don't tell much of a story or really lead anywhere as far as "fate" goes and I think they are mostly only coincidence.

Having said that my school locker number in primary school was 111, then in both high schools I attended it was also 111 for a year in each - naturally my lucky number is 3, just putting that out there as an amusing anecdote.

OOps, edit to add, I just realised I already said this in an earlier post here. lol

Edited by libstaK

• 2 weeks later...

My date of birth is 5-5-55. Whatever that means.

same thing here. i keep seeing the number 69 :DD in grocery stores CUZ TATS WUT THE VEGETABLES ARE WORTH! not wut u were originally thinking x)

It's the number 3 or 33 which keeps cropping up for me,for instance a story i posted last night was at exactly 3am,this was not deliberate on my part,and happens a lot.The lot # of the house i live in is 33,my phone number has 33 in it,when i fly anywhere my seat will invariably be 33,it just goes on and on.

We live in a weird and wonderful universe.

My date of birth is 5-5-55. Whatever that means.

To me it means that there should be no confusion as to the date of your birth on either side of the pond.

• 1 month later...

This happens to me a lot. It started around 1993. It goes through phases. All of a sudden I'll be swamped with 11:11, 1:11, $11.11 receipts, counters on CD players, youtube, you name it. Then all of a sudden it vanishes for months only to start up again. At one point it was happening so much that I was thinking it was ridiculous. I stil wonder what it means. I have no idea.

I see 111 and 1111 most all the day. I would go to the gym and on the treadmill i check to see my heart rate and it would come up 111 most times. Driving the car and I look at the clock and its 111 or 1111. Very strange. On other times I will see 444 a lot but not

like the 1;s. Must mean something. They call it synchronicity.

• 3 years later...

One one was a race horse, Two two was one too, one one won one race and two two won one too.