Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The new Chupacabra? Mystery animal confounds

Still Waters

Prince George’s Hospital Center workers have adopted a mythical creature as their new mascot.

The creature has been spotted in the woods where smokers take breaks since the hospital banned smoking June 1, but no one knows what the animal is, so they’ve named it Prince Chupa, after chupacabra — the legendary cryptid rumored to exist in parts of the Americas and suck the blood of livestock.

“It’s a kangaroo, dog, rat mixed,” X-ray technician Joe Livermore said. “It’s got a rat tail and a head like a deer. I don’t know what it is.

People started taking cell phone pictures of the animal and showing them around, but no one knows what it is.

“So we decided to trap it,” Livermore said

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biff Wellington

• ShadowSot

• DieChecker

• Rat Girl

Cool, but they should have taken it to the Vet or a local State Wildlife Station or something. If it is a common animal with a disease they need to recatch it and take it into be identified. I think it looks like the mange fox too.

Rocketgirl B)

Yeah, it's most likely a hairless fox.

Not necessarily mange. Some have been tested, and had no sign of mange or skin parasites, and they were in pretty good health. . .which means it's probably a genetic condition.

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness

Good videos. Looks like a fox to me. Head, tail, way it moves says fox to me.

I believe it is a fox with skin problems. Possibly mange or allergies. I wonder if "Kangaroo-dog-rat" is a technical term.

Edited by BiffWellington

Here's a red fox with mange:

foxredmange01.jpg

Looks very similar.

they caught the poor thing and should treat it for mange or other skin problems, even if they think its cryptic, then see what it is. Reminds me never to go to that hospital & as for the TODAY show reporting this as something strange and unexplainable, well they just remind me why I don't watch the news.

Edited by BiffWellington

they caught the poor thing and should treat it for mange or other skin problems, even if they think its cryptic, then see what it is. Reminds me never to go to that hospital & as for the TODAY show reporting this as something strange and unexplainable, well they just remind me why I don't watch the news.

With all of these creatures turning up and being shown to just have had mange... maybe they'll eventually think "Hey, maybe they just have mange."

it could be a fox but i think it looks more like a cat to me. maybe it was someones pet?

the muzzle looks different though and it looks...short? the fox in the picture with mange looks taller than that thing in the video.

personally if it was me i'd have taken it to a vet to see if they knew what it was and if there was anything wrong with it.

it could also be an inbred dog or cat or i guess even fox.

Aw, I read the title and was hoping someone finally caught the manbearpig.

Sorry, Al Gore. :hmm:

Aw, I read the title and was hoping someone finally caught the manbearpig.

Sorry, Al Gore. :hmm:

Yeah but he is totally thuper serial!

With all of these creatures turning up and being shown to just have had mange... maybe they'll eventually think "Hey, maybe they just have mange."

I couldn't agree more, it's kinda like the "El Chupacabra" caught on tape by the police in texas.

friggin' idiots...

Also looks like a fox with mange.

Hairless_fox_crop_8-4_t640.jpg

Here's a red fox with mange:

foxredmange01.jpg

Looks very similar.

Identified.

It looked cute still. lol Poor thing, as people said they should have taken to a Vet or something.

It has a really long tail, people seem to be missing that when they keep saying its a fox or a dog.

You seem to have missed both pictures of the bald foxes in this thread.

why are these obvious canines all of a sudden defined "chupacabras"?! I guess from now on all hairless dogs are goat suckers, like all "orbs" are ghosts.

I do hope they realize they've just named the poor mongrel Prince Suck...

As a dog groomer, I have worked at veterinary offices on and off for the past 13 years. I grew up around animals/farms/etc... I have seen mange. If you haven't seen mange, all it takes is a google search for "fox with mange" to determine for yourselves that mangy skin is almost always puffy, red, inflamed, and not smooth like this animal. I do admit, it looks exactly like a hairless fox. I'm going to guess it's just a hairless fox, much like the recessive gene for the hairless pups like the Chinese Crested. Fascinating all the same.